Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAT standards?

Hey guys and/or gals,

I'm in the BI portion of the hiring process with an upstate SO at the moment. I feel fairly confident that they like me, and want to hire me, and I would love to work for them. The question I have is regarding the PT standards for the PAT given at the Academy. I've seen the obstacle course outline on the Academy's website, but I couldn't find any mention of the standards. Is this confidential information, or do they have a list where you can look up how fast you need to run the course in? I'm assuming there's a 1.5-2 mile run involved as well (that seems to be the standard at other places). Any idea on the time requirements for that?

If all goes well, I would be going to a January academy class, so I'd like to get in good shape for this (as well as the physical test the SO will give). I can pass the Army PT test at the moment (40 pushups, 50 situps, 16:36 2 mile minimum), and am interested in improving my scores, both for the Army and the Academy.

My apologies if this has been covered. I tried a search, but couldn't find anything directly related to SC.

Thanks

~UM21B

If memory serves, the standard for the course is 2:06. Based on your description of your fitness level, you will have no problem at all passing the PAT at the academy. I just graduated and the only people who had trouble passing the PAT were extremely out of shape.

As of right now, there is no timed run at the academy that you must pass. For the first 3 weeks you will have morning PT 4 days a week and then formation runs twice a week during weeks 5-8. The only thing required for the PT and formation runs is that you participate.

I'm also in the upstate. What agency are you in the process with? PM me if you want to.
    Did you ever notice that incorrectly is only spelled correctly when it's spelled incorrectly?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4765 users online. 262 members and 4503 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X