300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has upgraded their cars?

I know that this is a public forum and all and that you have to maintain your super secret squirrel identities, but have any of you guys added anything to your patrol cars? This is aimed at the HP guys as well because I think that I'm the only STP guy here. You know, extra lights, tinkering under the hood and such.

With the state it's supposed to be a no-no, but honestly I think that a little added lighting in the rear is not a bad idea, particularly if you work a ton of traffic. I've heard of guys "chipping" or recalibrating the ECM's to get a little more "go" out of their rides, but was just curious to see if it was only me

From what I've heard, it depends on the supervisor and if it could be detrimental to the dept, IE, forward facing blue lights that can be on without activating the camera and so forth.

Just curious, I won't rat you out to OPR...
    DRE - ARIDE - TRAFFIC SAFETY OFFICER CERTIFIED - FTO - BACKGROUND INVESTIGATOR

DEDICATED TO REMOVING UNSAFE DRIVERS AND VEHICLES FROM SOUTH CAROLINA ROADWAYS

#FridayLightsForSafety #TargetZeroSC

Follow STP on Twitter @STP_CRO

I installed Sirius, does that count DB?
    State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by andy black View Post
      I installed Sirius, does that count DB?
      Yes it does! I've been tinkering with the idea of doing that as well. AM/FM just isn't cutting it anymore. I wish I could find a wrecked one with a CD player and put it in.

Comment

DB, go by some local stereo shops..... they usually have some laying around.
        Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

My new car has a CD player in it standard, so thats nice. I havent added lights to the car, but I have switched the pattern on the light bar and the blue lights in the front bumber. Now they cycle through different patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by schammer View Post
            My new car has a CD player in it standard, so thats nice. I havent added lights to the car, but I have switched the pattern on the light bar and the blue lights in the front bumber. Now they cycle through different patterns.
            How did you change the ones in the grill?

Comment

What set do you have in the grill?? Some use a loose wire that either gets grounded, or pulsed 12v to alter the pattern, some are changed on the module itself.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-74 S8 View Post
                What set do you have in the grill?? Some use a loose wire that either gets grounded, or pulsed 12v to alter the pattern, some are changed on the module itself.
                I believe that we have the TIR3's in the grill. And since I was under there taking a look at the equipment, I believe that we have the headlight flasher that you can pick one of three flash patterns. Anybody know how to get that regular, horrendously slow, alternating flash gone and get the old roadrunner rapid flash patterns on it.

I hate slow flash patters!
                Last edited by DieselBear; 01-17-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

TIR3s...pretty simple to do.. click the following link......http://whelen.com/install/manuals/lightheads.html

Scroll to 13838 then download a PDF.

White/Violet wire gets 12v for less than 1 sec to advance to next pattern

ETA: IF is is a Whelen h/lamp flasher....headlamp flashers are here.... http://whelen.com/install/manuals/flashers.html

Pick your model

If it's the SSF2150, it's not adjustable

If it's the UHF2150A then it's White/Violet

If it's a newer model SSFPOS or SSFPOSC6 then it's White/Violet
                  Last edited by 10-74 S8; 01-17-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by DieselBear View Post
                      Thank you sir!

Now go have fun with your lights!

Comment

I did and the flasher is the plug and play ETHIFPO-06+ from Signal. It has three patterns and I found the one I wanted which was the fast wigwag. I believe that they call it the PowerPulse. I'm all set now.

Now if I can just find some cross-drilled/slotted rotors and a supercharger...

EDIT:

This is what we should be driving right here! Turn your speakers down, there's a loud tick from the file conversion

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ride006dx6.flv
                        Last edited by DieselBear; 01-17-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

All of those blues make the headlamps useless. (Looks like one of the local PD vehicles)

Too much in the front, I am firm believer of more lighting in the back. I also lean towards rear arrow sticks for traffic units. Officer safety!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9550 users online. 384 members and 9166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                          X