Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RISP Recruitment

Glad to see RISP is hiring

Does anyone know how many recruits they are accepting? Also, what is there policy on out of state laterals?

It is a extremely political agency with very few openings at a time and a few thousand applicants on average. But sometimes luck is what it takes, good luck to all who apply!

Comment

There are 35 openings this time around due to retirements. This is an agency that is ridiculously militaristic. Last time around we stood at attention in a line and got yelled at for 3 hours BEFORE we even took the written test. Also, God help you if you are not groomed, in a suit and freshly hair cut. Just some advice..this is a no non-sense agency that I have the utmost respect for. They've already sent out over 5,000 postcard application reminders to people. It is one tough process, BUT, this is one of the best law enforcement gigs in the country.

Comment

Ask Jim Carrey

Rhode Island State Police
        Last edited by grumpyirishman; 03-03-2010, 01:56 PM.
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

They may not take laterals, but do they offer any special benefits or packages for current out-of-state LEOs?
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

6. Upon successful completion of the training program, a recruit is sworn in as a member of the State Police, or a recruit is placed on a reserve list. After being sworn in as a member of the Division of State Police, a one (1) year probationary period begins. Assignments are based on the needs of the Division.

Alot to gamble to be placed on a reserve list...

Comment

Ohio is the same way. The Super of the Highway Patrol does not have to swear you in upon completion of the academy.

Comment

That, my friends, is crap. lol
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrBlond View Post
                  There are 35 openings this time around due to retirements. This is an agency that is ridiculously militaristic. Last time around we stood at attention in a line and got yelled at for 3 hours BEFORE we even took the written test. Also, God help you if you are not groomed, in a suit and freshly hair cut. Just some advice..this is a no non-sense agency that I have the utmost respect for. They've already sent out over 5,000 postcard application reminders to people. It is one tough process, BUT, this is one of the best law enforcement gigs in the country.
                  Best Law Enforcement Gig in the Country?? Hmmm, I doubt it unless your vision of Law Enforcement is sitting on one of the smallest highway areas in the country and running radar all day. Granted they do what they are designed to do but dont let their big hats trick you, they still are just Highway Patrol ;-)!

Comment

Highway Patrol? Please do me a favor and tell them that at the test. I would love to see them smoke you for that

To be honest their duties as troopers changes by the barracks they are in.

Lincoln barracks does handle most highway stuff but they also go anywhere into providence/Woonsocket if they want to.

The barracks down in south county deal with highway and do some local police work since Exeter doesn't have a police department

That is just the road troopers as well.. never mind the detective division that handles major crimes throughout the state and the cyber crime division that handles a lot of the child predator crime

Comment

Agreed, they are def not just a highway patrol. That is just all you see. There are many different units...bad experience with them or something??? ha

Comment

Originally posted by NickgRI View Post
                        they still are just Highway Patrol ;-)!
                        Just like the rest of LE in RI, it called being THE ELITE!! Stay at the mall because you will never be a member!!

Comment

Hah wow, oh yes they would definently "smoke me" Sword, whatever that means. Any how, if you do enough traveling and dont stay couped up for too long in RI like many do, you get to see how other states do things. Some call them HP (Highway Patrol), and some call them State Troopers... Either way for the most part they are called upon for the same job its just that "State Police" sound better than "Highway Patrol". Im sure CHP in California gets alot more of everything then RISP does its just the nature of the size of that state. My point is if the State gig is your deal then im just pointing out larger agencies that have a little more things going on then RI. TGD, im glad to see you see the humor in my HP line but "Elite" is a matter of opinion... Good luck to those that may apply like I stated earlier, and lets not pick on those mall guys they gotta earn a buck too!

Comment

Originally posted by NickgRI View Post
                            TGD, im glad to see you see the humor in my HP line but "Elite" is a matter of opinion... Good luck to those that may apply like I stated earlier, and lets not pick on those mall guys they gotta earn a buck too.
                            Your right Elite is a matter of opinion!!! Stay at the mall because just reading what you wrote, Law Enforcement doesn't need anybody like YOU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
                              Your right Elite is a matter of opinion!!! Stay at the mall because just reading what you wrote, Law Enforcement doesn't need anybody like YOU!!!
                              Pretty angry there TGD arent we? Beef with the mall people as well? They kick you out for being too loud at the food court or somthing? Anyhow, for a person that gets that angry on a message board I dont think LE needs you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11040 users online. 463 members and 10577 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X