300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence Police

I applied around a month ago for the posting thats up now. Does anyone have info on when they plan to start sending out emails or calls for processing? Thanks.

They just graduated an academy of 53 (ended up being 52 hired) and those guys/gals should be getting off FTO soon. I believe once they get off FTO the application process will start for this next class and they will close the applications. Expect upwards of 2000 applicants. Providence is a very diverse city and with the current Mayor they are pushing for a diverse police force. The new Mayor will also being pushing for diversity. If you need any insight into the department or any other departments in Rhode Island let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by 401bird View Post
      They just graduated an academy of 53 (ended up being 52 hired) and those guys/gals should be getting off FTO soon. I believe once they get off FTO the application process will start for this next class and they will close the applications. Expect upwards of 2000 applicants. Providence is a very diverse city and with the current Mayor they are pushing for a diverse police force. The new Mayor will also being pushing for diversity. If you need any insight into the department or any other departments in Rhode Island let me know.
      Thanks, I hope I'm good enough to make the cut when they start processing!

Comment

It's definitely a fun department to work for, I had a blast on my ride along. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
          I applied around a month ago for the posting thats up now. Does anyone have info on when they plan to start sending out emails or calls for processing? Thanks.
          I also put in for it brother.. Still waiting for the email. The first time around i pass the physical and fail the written exam. But this time around i am hopping i be good.
          Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Process should start picking up now. Keep everyone posted on where you guys are with the process. Though, why you want to be cops in this culture I have no idea. But I guess they want this academy on the street by July 2016, so if that is true a January start date for the academy. Can't see them getting everything done that quickly but you never know.

Comment

I heard physical testing has started. Not sure how many applicants they've got but I expect it to be over 2,000. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Haven't heard anything about the process starting yet. Usually the recruitment drive last 2-3 months and then they start the physical test. So unless you got a letter, they haven't started. Everyone who applies gets a shot at the physical test. I would guess October you will see the process get going. Late September if they are moving quickly.

Comment

Got my email for the physical 10/29

Comment

Anyone else take the written?

Comment

Does anyone know the salary structure?
                      NYPD Exam #1309
                      List Rank: 3xx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8137 users online. 350 members and 7787 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X