300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state police

i saw that the rhode island state police are going to have a hiring process this summer. does anyone know if they are giving a new test or going off the old test? also any info on the dept, pay (including overtime) etc....i have checked their website, just looking for any further information

thanks

I did not want to start a new thread in regards to the testing for August. Question in regards to Rhode Island state police. The vision requirement I wear contacts correctable to 20/20. However, uncorrectable vision is worse than 20/40. Am I still eligible?

Comment

Good news for RI law enforcement. http://www.officer.com/news/10686903...gle-forfeiture

Comment

It will more then likely be a new test. RI seemingly has a new test for every recruitment.

Comment

I live in Rhode Island and am considering joining the Rhode Island State Police....not sure if I should go to school first or just fill out the application. It is nice to see someone who is possibly going for RISP too.

Comment

fill out the app, see how far you can make it in the process, and apply to colleges too. make the decision if and when you have to. keep your options open.

Comment

What wrangler said is exactly what I am doing. I am applying at CCRI and filling out the application. I need to really prepare for this mentally and physically. Going away for 5 months and working 16 hours of different things from classroom to field instruction is gonna take a toll on me if I do not start now. I wish I could speak to a RISP Trooper before I do anything because I wanna know more about RISP then the website tells me.

Comment

The hiring process is very hard (which they tell you up front and take pride in) but very fast by L.E. Standards. I applied before but had to withdraw for a legitimate reason and they were very understanding and told me to apply next time. If they recruit in August, the academy will start will start in June/July of the next year, 10/11 months vs a an agency like Connecticut state police which takes about two years. Expect yelling, screaming, and formations as soon as you step out of your car to take the written exam and make sure you arrive on time clean-shaven, hair cut, suit and tie, no sunglasses. It was painful standing at attention and watching some people learn the hard way. Make sure all your info is up to date on your license. Dont speak unless spoken to. Do a little research, you should know what year they were founded, who the Colonel is, and how many barracks they have (Yes, in between getting yelled at, they went up to random people and asked these questions). The written test was rather easy I'd say, seeing as how all you need is a high school diploma and be at least eighteen I guess they can't administer a harder exam. Yet as anyone knows, book-smarts mean nothing in law enforcement so an easy written test doesn't mean much. The academy is rugged and in the middle of the woods. You eat, sleep, shower, and have class in a small one level flat-top building. PT and DT is outside on the grass or in the utility garage on mats. There is also a military style obstacle course tires, a wall, monkey bars, ropes, etc and a firing range. You will run 3 miles in morning 6-7 miles at night with all the hell-on-earth you can ask for in between for 22 weeks. This I haven't confirmed yet but I believe you also have to re-take and pass the pt test every 3-4 years till your 20th year. it used to be about 3000 people applying for 30-35 positions, when they added the application fee it dropped to 1900 but it still 30-35 positions, so if your an optomist you can say the odds are better. Good luck to everyone who applies.
                Last edited by BK229; 08-12-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I officially applied....feeling a bit stressed about it.

Comment

enjoy the ride and good luck.

Comment

I am excited for this! I applied last month and just got the letter in the mail for when and where to take my written exam a few days ago!!!
                      Last edited by jlf13766; 10-08-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Good luck to everyone applying. Top notch agency like most of the Northeast State Troopers.
                        The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

So...they're hiring again...anyone putting in?

Comment

I'll be applying from Delaware. Been doing a little research and seems like RISP is a professional agency. Can anyone shed some light on the overview of the agency though as in how they do things? I.E.- how many people apply typically? Kinda wanna get some inside information before I make the drive to take the test this summer.

Comment

I signed up for it after certifying a few of my Search and Rescue K9s under 2 RISP Troopers, both k9 handlers and both master trainers for the agency i certify dogs under. I can't wait to start the process!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8339 users online. 361 members and 7978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X