300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor's speech

So I take it LE jobs are going to be hurting bad in RI? From employment down to funding.

How do yall feel about his proposals?

No one is seeing it in their departments?

Comment

Does this explain why so many people are retiring right now in RI?
      I get paid for this?

Comment

Governor

The Governor is attempting to destroy organized labor until the context of saving money for the citizens.
        His pension reform will save nothing!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait until he leaves office.!!

Police depts are going to lose a lot officers.

Comment

I have been applying to a few departments recently, but havent had any luck yet. I have heard about flocks of Officers leaving when this plan takes effect. Mostly high ranking officers at alot of departments. Any idea when this plan will go into effect, and we will see these officers actually retire? Just curious as Im sure alot of Depts will be hiring, something I'd be excited about.
          NYPD Hopeful

Exam #8050: 98.7% List # 3XX
          Medical: 12/3/09-PASSED
          Met with BI: 12/18/09-COMPLETE
          Written Psych: 12/28/09-PASSED
          JST: 12/29/09- 3:05-PASSED
          11/10/10- 3:27 PASSED
          Oral Psych:12/29/09-PASSED
          Mini-Med: 6/1/11 - COMPLETE

July 2011 NYPD Academy

Comment

I'm not positive but I'm thinking I saw something about an April 1st cut off for those wanting to retire before the ****storm.
            I get paid for this?

Comment

Wow, so its looking like there will be a ton of openings around the state come April 1st huh, kind of exciting as hardly anyone has been hiring lately. Anyone else at the Academy Physical Agility today?
              NYPD Hopeful

July 2011 NYPD Academy

Comment

I wouldn't count on a lot of openings. What you may see is restructuring and not filling positions. The Governor's cuts to towns have put them in a serious hurt lock.

Comment

Many towns are not hiring. Providence just cancelled its latest recruitment announcement. They wont be hiring until well into 2010!! Good luck getting a job in RI its almost as bad as MA if not worse!

Comment

If this state hadn't been run by tax and spend democrats since its existence, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. I'm sick about what the governor is proposing, but I think he has to in a way. I'm already looking into heading down south...New Bedford and Fall River are laying off, and they only had their state funding cut by 10%.

I dont expect my senior brothers and sisters to take a pay cut, either, to save my job. Thats the reality of it, so I'm looking to get the hell out. "God Save the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations."

Comment

Originally posted by campuscop2000 View Post
                      Many towns are not hiring. Providence just cancelled its latest recruitment announcement. They wont be hiring until well into 2010!! Good luck getting a job in RI its almost as bad as MA if not worse!
                      Mind citing this? While it's totally feasible, I've been trying to track any news through the papers and haven't seen anything. Applicants for the last announcement just got the results from the written test a couple weeks ago. I figure they would let us know if we were no longer being considered.

Comment

To update...I guess they will honor the last test for PPD. However, it is unknown how many they will hire. I saw an article in the projo about how the mayor wants the unions for PFD and PPD to give concessions and the latest recruit class was part of the bargaining process.

Comment

Just curious as to what the latest is with the whole retirement thing, are we going to see a ton of them come April 1 or has that whole proposal gone down the drain?
                          NYPD Hopeful

July 2011 NYPD Academy

Comment

my friend took the last test for PPD and is in background...who knows if they will hire him..He is a vet.

Comment

Yeah who knows with PPD, hopefully they hire and dont screw everyone over who went out thinking there was postions availible. Anyone familiar with the State process..im curious if anyone had any idea of when they would be selecting their candidates? I know they academy is in June, so do you think the chosen ones would find out a week before, month before, etc? Im sure alot of those chosen will probably be current officers with local PDs, so that will open up a few more spots come June....thanks guys
                              NYPD Hopeful

July 2011 NYPD Academy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12481 users online. 470 members and 12011 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X