300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhode Island PD's

I'm looking for information on Rhode Island PD's. I'm currently a P.O on the west coast for a large city, possibly looking to come back east. Anyone got info on the larger departments in the state. Also any info on RH state police? Morale, pay, cost of living, etc. Also does RH have lateral programs?
    Thanks

RI is a very hard state to get into LE.
    Wish you the best of luck, just dont put all your eggs in one basket. If you are interested in staying in the city type enviro, Prov PD was hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ad422 View Post
      RI is a very hard state to get into LE.
      Wish you the best of luck, just dont put all your eggs in one basket. If you are interested in staying in the city type enviro, Prov PD was hiring.
      Providence is still hiring. www.providencepolice.com Not to sure on lateral process, but with the way the economy and state budgets are towns/cities might be looking to take people already academy trained. Keep your eye out for Cranston, East Providence, and Pawtucket hiring..All are cities and will provide you with some action especially Pawtucket.

Comment

Job

There are currently several department hiring!!! Being a certified LEO should not have a tough time!!

Comment

Mostly all 39 municipalities will allow a lateral transfer. You will still have to go through the written, agility,and psych eval tests in the initial application for each department. As far as the RI municipal police academy, you will most likely only have to take the RI Law courses for certification and bypass all other requirements.Call them for complete information. In my academy class there were two recruits transfering from a NH agency and that was all that they were required to do. Providence and State however will require you to have to go through their own entire academy start to finish.
          Last edited by thefiftyfive; 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM.
          Good judgment comes from experience.
          Experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Use a cost of living calculator (Google it) to see how salaries compare. I have family in RI and it is not a cheap place to live.

Comment

Really? And your currently in NV?
              I ended up giving up on the east coast and came out here, couldn't be happier.
              I'm familiar with RI though and have nothing but positive things to say about several of the departments where I know other officers at (Warwick, Cranston, North Providence, and especially Providence).

Like 'just joe' said though, you might want to check the salary and cost of living. I know coming from the east coast (NY then RI) and moving out here (Las Vegas), I was very pleased with the salary and benefits in relation to the cost of living.

In my opinion, it seemed much tougher on the east coast.

Lastly, being certified already like others said will hopefully help you because its far from easy to get on in most of the departments there....

Good luck.
              The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

Anyone know anything about Coventry P.D.? Working environment, workload, pay, etc...

Thanks
                I get paid for this?

Comment

Anyone here in the Prov PD process? (hey, aliteration! ) I applied last week, I was wondering if anyone knew the average wait time between the closing date and when they call you in to start testing?
                  "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                  -Chris Rock

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9245 users online. 330 members and 8915 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X