300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP December 2008 Academy - Roll Call

Figured I would start a thread for all the December attendees. Please post a reply once you know you are going into the December class. I received my letter last week stating that the start date will be December 8th. Good luck to all currently in the testing process!

Congrats to everyone going to PSP in Dec. My finace graduates Dec. 5th from the PSP academy. I tried to help the class that just reported last weekend as much as I could so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I can answer or talk to my fiance and try to find out for you. good luck!

Comment

still in the process, just took my polygraph, still have to have my background done and the med/psych portion. if i am successful with those i will be in the december class

Comment

Yeah, I got pushed to Dec class too. Already talked to you Chad-we'll get together to run some hills soon. I wanna get it goin and get done. Im anxious.

Comment

anyone else waiting to hear on the polygraph results that's in the december process?

Comment

I've been contacted by my background investigator so I've passed the polygraph...

Comment

just got word that i passed the polygraph and am having my background exam done. was curious to see what people are doing to physically prepare for the academy? i've been an athlete my whole life but running has always been difficult for me. right now i'm doing 2.5 miles 4 times a week on hills, it takes me 22-24 minutes depending on how i feel that day. i'm also on a light weight endurance plan at my gym. good luck to anyone else who's in the hunt and i hope to see you all in december

Comment

Originally posted by born2BAcop View Post
                just got word that i passed the polygraph and am having my background exam done. was curious to see what people are doing to physically prepare for the academy? i've been an athlete my whole life but running has always been difficult for me. right now i'm doing 2.5 miles 4 times a week on hills, it takes me 22-24 minutes depending on how i feel that day. i'm also on a light weight endurance plan at my gym. good luck to anyone else who's in the hunt and i hope to see you all in december
                Regular push ups, wide arm push ups, decline push ups, dips, pull ups, chin ups, regular sit ups, decline sit ups, leg raises, flutter kicks, sprints up hill, bump the run up to 3-5 miles, swim several hundred meters.
                Last edited by tp2165; 08-25-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Yes definately swim, its not like swimming with friends in the summer. If your not use to it, it will really suck so get it done. There is a reason why the swimmers in the olympics are in excellent shape.

Comment

New Start Date

I heard the academy start date of Dec 8th was pushed back to sometime in January because of the holidays. It does make sense since we would be there for about two weeks then have two shorten weeks in a row.

Comment

Does anyone know when there going to get down to the lower 80's, i got a 81.91% on the Test and Oral Interview combined.

Comment

So did the Dec class get pushed back, or was it just a rumor?

Doug

Comment

I got a letter in the mail stating the Dec 8th class is being pushed back to Jan 12th and Feb class is pushed back to March.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker7 View Post
                            I got a letter in the mail stating the Dec 8th class is being pushed back to Jan 12th and Feb class is pushed back to March.
                            Well that's good to have official confirmation, my source was from the academy so was pretty confident. I guess I'll be waiting for that letter also. What step of the process are you in?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up...guess it will be nice to be home for the holidays. Hope it doesn't get delayed further, i'm anxious to get started!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3782 users online. 142 members and 3640 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X