300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACT 120 Academies

I am looking into applying for my ACT 120 certification, as it will open up more doors in my local area, just in case the departments that I am test with out of state don't work out in my favor.

As a resident in Fayette County in SW PA, only a few options exist because of my need for a part time academy. I will be applying to the IUP branch at California University and Westmoreland County Community College. Has anyone experienced these academies, if so, which would you recommend or heard something positive/negative about?

Note: I know you receive the same curriculum, but I am talking about the academy itself. I am curious as the option of being accepted by both and having to pick one.
    "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

I attended the Westmoreland County Community College Academy. Its 11 months long. Tues/Thurs nights and Sat 8-5 and some sundays. The next class there probably wont start til January. The guy that runs it, its a complete @#$%&*#@!. But other than that, the insturuction is excellent. A wide variety of instructors. Firearms and Driving are the most fun. Its long and stressful process. PT is not too bad. Roughly once a week. I thought it was a joke when i was going thru it, but now looking back i did learn a great deal. Overall, I would definitly recommend it. The positives outweight the negative. There are about 18 written tests and 4 pass/fail areas. The tests can be extremly easy to extremely hard. You must get a 75% or higher on each test. The instructers will help you find employment also, but mostly part time work. If you have anyother ?'s let me know. I'll be more than happy to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by PACadet55 View Post
      I attended the Westmoreland County Community College Academy. Its 11 months long. Tues/Thurs nights and Sat 8-5 and some sundays. The next class there probably wont start til January. The guy that runs it, its a complete @#$%&*#@!. But other than that, the insturuction is excellent. A wide variety of instructors. Firearms and Driving are the most fun. Its long and stressful process. PT is not too bad. Roughly once a week. I thought it was a joke when i was going thru it, but now looking back i did learn a great deal. Overall, I would definitly recommend it. The positives outweight the negative. There are about 18 written tests and 4 pass/fail areas. The tests can be extremly easy to extremely hard. You must get a 75% or higher on each test. The instructers will help you find employment also, but mostly part time work. If you have anyother ?'s let me know. I'll be more than happy to help out.
      Thanks. Going to apply soon pending the decision of a another department this month that will pay for the academy. Our local PD uses the civil service exam. In doing so, I can't apply until after the academy pending that they are hiring at that time.
      "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

I don't know much about WCCC, but it may be your only option, as I understand there is not a Cal U academy scheduled for the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by H2ODawgs View Post
          I don't know much about WCCC, but it may be your only option, as I understand there is not a Cal U academy scheduled for the near future.

Thanks for the info as I did not go that avenue yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3549 users online. 161 members and 3388 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X