300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPD Applicant question

Hey everyone! I want to apply for to the PPD, but have a few questions. First of all, I am going to be a senior in college, so I have enough credits to apply, but have not yet finished my degree. Should I apply now (application period ends in October), or wait another year until I finish my degree? I know the application process is long, so I don't want to wait a year or two after I graduate to enter the academy (if I make it!) if I can apply now. Another problem I have is with the written test. Because my college is on trimesters, the november test is the weekend before finals. How intense is the test? I'm afraid that I'm going to be so stressed from finals that I will not be able to properly prepare for the written test. ANY advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

Why not apply it can't hurt. If they tell you negative then apply again next cycle.

Comment

You don't need college credits. Your talking about the PHILADELPHIA POLICE DEPARTMENT, right? Also the test isn't hard at all, its all common sense questions. Just take your time and don't get intimidated if people finish while your only halfway done. I made that mistake and got an 83 because I started rushing.

Comment

Judging by the timeframe of the OP, it may also be Pgh PD. If so, apply. You should have enough credits.
        Fatty Matty
        sigpic

Comment

Pittsburgh Police would correctly be identified by the abbreviation PBP (Pittsburgh Bureau of Police). If that is where you are thinking of applying, I would go ahead and apply now. The whole process is pretty much hurry and wait. And as far as the test being around the time of your final, I wouldn't sweat it. It's a civil service exam geared toward policing....mostly common sense questions in my opinion.

Comment

Just because you apply doesn't mean you are going to get hired. There is a LONG process and a list. I would apply for numerous agencies and then decide if and when the time comes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5877 users online. 346 members and 5531 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X