Job Title Campus Police Officer-Trainee
    Location Executive VP-Protection & Safety
    Campus Main Campus
    Full/Part Time Full
    Job Number TU-11596
    Date Posted 07/22/2008

Job Qualifications:
    120 CERTIFICATION

The general purpose of Campus Police officers is to provide basic police patrol, police protective services and related police services for students, faculty and staff of Temple University. Ensure peace and order in and around Temple University campuses. Preventing crime by processing information received, and taking necessary police action. Investigating criminal and non-criminal incidents, determining what occurred, identifying criminal perpetrators, arresting criminal perpetrators, or acting to bring about the arrest of criminal perpetrators.

Performing uniformed police services at University functions and preventative foot patrol, primarily outdoors, of campus grounds and surrounding areas. Performing preventative foot patrol, primarily outdoors, of campus grounds and surrounding areas. Operating a police vehicle, and or police bike, occasionally under emergency circumstances, and performing motorized and bike police patrol. Perform other duties as assigned.

Required Education and Experience:
    High School diploma or equivalent; Two years college or equivalent experience. One year prior security experience, one year prior police experience, or certification under the Municipal Police Officer's Training Act, (Act 120). Additional college may be substituted for prior police/security experience.

Required Skills and Abilities:
    *Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
    *Valid Driver's license.
    *Demonstrates the ability to recognize, understand, accept and appreciate the value of workplace diversity; respects the practices, values, and points of view of other individuals and groups.

Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
  • unsworninpa104
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2008

Thank you!

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
      One Night In Bangkok
      • Dec 2004

Expect a very slow hiring process. I applied 5 times over the last 3 years and heard only once.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• unsworninpa104
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0
        Expect a very slow hiring process. I applied 5 times over the last 3 years and heard only once.
        oh i'm used to this by now.

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
          One Night In Bangkok
          • Dec 2004

I got called by the HR department, by a guy I could not understand. I ended up going down there, where I got the info for the pt test.

They I think have one of the worst most disorganized hiring processes on the face of the earth.

They are also represented by the SFPPA union local 502.

Comment

• Paulie312
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2005

i applied last week

it says my application is " in review"

i have a feeling that if your dad or uncle is not a temple cop or works for temple, you dont have a shot

im a recent temple grad btw if that even helps!

Comment

• Spartan75
              Forum Member
              • May 2008

Drexel should be hiring soon for their new PD. They already have an ad for a chief. I think they need 30 officers.

Comment

• Paulie312
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Spartan75
                Drexel should be hiring soon for their new PD. They already have an ad for a chief. I think they need 30 officers.
                ive seen that ad for a while... theres still alot more to be down before a PD is set-up.... my guess would be they will take 120 certed cops first....

hope i hear back from temple pd in the meantime.. heck, hope i hear back from any department i applied for in the mean time!

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
                  One Night In Bangkok
                  • Dec 2004

Drexel took down the ad for police director. Im guessing they are going with either someone from Penn PD or Philly PD.

If you have your Act 120, you can apply to Penn police as they are also hiring.

Comment

• unsworninpa104
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0
                    Drexel took down the ad for police director. Im guessing they are going with either someone from Penn PD or Philly PD.

If you have your Act 120, you can apply to Penn police as they are also hiring.
                    yup, i have my oral with them in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Paulie312
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2005

any news?

my app. status still says "In Review"

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
                        One Night In Bangkok
                        • Dec 2004

Good luck to all. I have my interview Wenesday in the morning!

Comment

• unsworninpa104
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2008

i haven't heard anything. i guess they're only looking at people with experience.

Comment

• stormz5192
                            Opionated
                            • Feb 2008

I went to Temple Police Academy (Alt Route) and that had no bearing when applying. I felt like I would not fit in there and was basically told so when I spoke with the command staff. I would have taken the job, but only for experience.
                            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

• Paulie312
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2005

i didnt hear a thing... my app status still says "in review" guess i got passed over

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20614 users online. 56 members and 20558 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...