300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University, Campus, & School Police

I see many departments and officers have a forum related to their specific work environment.....
    I figured since i haven't seen a forum for Police of educational environments and communities, I decided to start one.
    If you are a police officer of a bonafide university, college, campus, or school police department.... this forum is for you.
    This forum can be used as a means to encourage individuals interested in law enforcement to consider being a cop in a educational environment; where some educational police agencies (depending on your location and department) are extremely active.
    Show some support and leave comments for feedback.

This forum is not limited to just officers from educational departments..... all police officers or law enforcement potentials are encouraged to leave some words of wisdom and ask questions.
    Last edited by NYCdel; 05-01-2008, 12:35 PM.

Here's some information about my department.

Lincoln University Police is a division under the Lincoln University Department of Public Safety.
    Lincoln University employs sworn police officers with full police powers / authority within Lincoln University jurisdiction; such as lands and buildings owned, leased or managed by Lincoln University. This being all campus / branch locations and the communities and the roads within such..... enforcing all laws and vehicle violations within such jurisdiction.
    Campuses are located in Chester County (main campus) and in Philadelphia (graduate campus).
    LU police officers attend the Police Academy (Act 120) and do yearly in-service training mandated by the State (Act 180).
    LUPD officer’s are armed with the Beretta 96D (40 cal), drive marked and unmarked vehicles that are computer equipped (MDT), and are trained, as well as have access to auxiliary weapons (shotgun and AR15) should a situation warrant the need for greater fire power other than your issued duty firearm.
    Lincoln only hires full time police officers. There are no part time police officers.
    Lincoln University Police Department is a bonafide law enforcement agency in the State / Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (agency ORI: PA0154700).
    Last edited by NYCdel; 05-18-2008, 07:32 PM.

Comment

do you carry handcuffs?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

lol, you can't be serious. I hope you are being sarcastic.
        I see you are a federal police officer (0083).

Comment

NYCde,

Did you go the Academy sponorsed by your/a department, or did you pay for it and then later got your present job?

Comment

I didn't, i was already certified when i applied for a position at lincoln.
            Lincoln gives priority to persons already certified as police officers or individuals that have already attended a police academy. However, Lincoln has sent persons to the police academy. Usually those persons are Lincoln University security officers that applied for the police officer position.

Comment

I ended up turning down the job when they would not send through the Act 120 waiver and wanted to hire me as a security guard.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                I ended up turning down the job when they would not send through the Act 120 waiver and wanted to hire me as a security guard.
                lol... you've got to be kiddin me. You are already certified and they wanted to hire you as a security guard and not a police officer? I would've turned them down too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10140 users online. 357 members and 9783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X