300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP ranking

How many does the PSP usually pull to process further after the oral interview?

From what I understand, every round of testing process there is a certain number of applicants they are looking to pull. So depending on how many applicants the are looking for verse how many there are, is what they pull

In Short.....It is different every time, and this round I have no idea, I just hope I am one of them, because I have been running my ***** off trying to get ready for the PFT, and I don't want to be doing all this for nothing.

But the PSP site says that we will find out by Dec 14th....

-"The Waiting is the hardest part"- Tom Petty
    momnie48
    Forum Member
    Last edited by momnie48; 12-01-2007, 03:27 PM. Reason: Adding text
    BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
    Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
    Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
    Med---09/02/2008--Passed
    Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
    Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
    Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

hey everyone I received my letter yesterday and just wanted to let ppl know I'm #639 on there list. This was my first interview ever for any LE position so I'm proud of myself on my performance. Good luck to you all.

Comment

Good Job VGV! I got my ranking yesterday too, and it was my first attempt at any LE position as well. My ranking was #111. Do you have any idea when the PFT is going to be conducted?
        BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
        Med---09/02/2008--Passed

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

Comment

No I haven't received anything or heard when PFT is scheduled for. That's a great rank you got yourself. Good luck

Comment

I received a big brown envelope yesterday, it had a conditional offer of employment, back ground booklet and some other paper work. I am scheduled for my PT, polygraph and medical exam on Jan 3 at St. Joe's university. There was nothing in there about my rank. I am assuming I ranked well, because I am moving on. My background book and other paper work is due on Jan 3 when I show up for the rest of the testing.
            PPDSWD
            Forum Member
            Last edited by PPDSWD; 12-09-2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Hmm....That is interesting, I wonder what the cut off is that they are going to take to the next level? I hope I still have a chance. Has anyone else recieved anything? Well, good luck then, hopfully I be in it with you!
              momnie48
              Forum Member
              Last edited by momnie48; 12-09-2007, 05:59 PM.
              BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
              Med---09/02/2008--Passed

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

Comment

I guess PSP is running the process a little different this time through. They're doing the polygraph and medical exam with the PT? Maybe PSP doesn't give rankings to applicants that are already police officers?
                Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.

Comment

I misspoke, it is the PT test, drug screening and polygraph booklet on Jan 3rd. I dont know where I got medical exam from, I must of misread something.

Comment

Congrads to VGV723,momnie48 & PPDSWD that is good news to hear. I have heard thru the grapevine and this is not confirmed that there is going to be a very small class going sometime in February and then a large class going in June sometime. Usually when they give you your ranking they give you a cutoff line of how many they are going to be taken for the PT. This time it does seem different in that they put us on a elgibility list. I ranked right around 1000 with the entire eligible list set at 1768. I am hoping that I still get a notice to proceed to the PT test, just wondering when it may be. I will keep posted if I hear anymore info.

Comment

Nice job everyone...good luck at the PT. Plan on being there for at least 6 to 7 hours.
                      Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.

Comment

Any idea if they are going to hold pft's on the western side of the state too? or are they going to be all conducted in the east? I'll go where every I have to go to take it, heck I'd drive out to Cali if need be, but it would be nice to have someting close so I could run the track a few weeks in advance to get a feel for it. Ya know?
                        BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                        Med---09/02/2008--Passed

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

Comment

Momnie48,

From guys that have went thru this in the past they said that they did do the PT test in the west and in the east (Greensburg & Hershey areas). Who knows how they are running it this time thru. It would be nice to know the surface of the track,cork or pavement. That was a heck of a good ranking you got yourself did you have veterans points to help, congrads anyways.

Comment

Well thanks about the rank. Yes, I did have veteran preference points. Most of my questions were answered today. I got the BBE (Big Brown Envelope) with a conditional offer of employment, and an invitation to participate in the PFT on January 7, 2008 in Greensburg at the South West Police Training Center.

It is less then a month away, I am glad that I started running and training for the test a few weeks ago!
                            momnie48
                            Forum Member
                            Last edited by momnie48; 12-12-2007, 09:24 PM.
                            BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                            Med---09/02/2008--Passed

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

Comment

Hey everyone I got my brown envelope today. My test date is Jan. 4th in Philadelphia, my notice says PFT, poly, BI, Medical evaluation and Psyh. evaluation. I'm just so excited right now can't wait, I have been running about 3.5 miles a day and I run on concrete, boardwalk, sand so hopefully I shouldn't have a problem running on any surface on the 4th. Congrats to everyone again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3301 users online. 214 members and 3087 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X