Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone take the PSP written this weekend?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone take the PSP written this weekend?

Anybody else take the written test this weekend at one of the many locations? What were your expectations? Did you think it was hard/easy? Do you have any clue when they will send out the results? Any idea of how many positions they are hiring for this time around? Just trying to start a general discussion for us newbies.

I took the written on Sat, it was a good test only thing that messed me up was the math ugh I hate math. the recruiter said we'll get our results in 3-4weeks or so.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

How you think you did???
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Took it at Duquesne on Saturday, cant wait for the results. It was pretty much what I expected, but boy I sure did forget how hard basic math could be without a calculator. Alot of the past discussions on the board said there are going to be a fair amount of openings in the future, so im assuming the next class will be just as large as the last one. The last round of testing is this weekend so hopefully they will have all the scores out by the end of September (speculation).

Best of luck to everyone
        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GMC34 View Post
          Took it at Duquesne on Saturday, cant wait for the results. It was pretty much what I expected, but boy I sure did forget how hard basic math could be without a calculator. Alot of the past discussions on the board said there are going to be a fair amount of openings in the future, so im assuming the next class will be just as large as the last one. The last round of testing is this weekend so hopefully they will have all the scores out by the end of September (speculation).

Best of luck to everyone
          Greg
          Good luck to you too, they said if you do well on the test get ready to have the interview on 10/29/2007.

We should all keep each other posted to see who gets their scores first and invitation to participate in the hiring process. I'll probbaly get my score a little bit after you guys because I'm out of state.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Another question, how long is your score good for?? since the recruiter said they have another test coming up in 6-8months, If I get anything less than 85ish I guess I'll have to retake it because I don't know if that score will get me into the hiring process unless anyone here can tell me something i don't know????
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              Another question, how long is your score good for?? since the recruiter said they have another test coming up in 6-8months, If I get anything less than 85ish I guess I'll have to retake it because I don't know if that score will get me into the hiring process unless anyone here can tell me something i don't know????
              How it works is if you are in the top 600 after the written and the oral you will move along to the phyical fitness test, then poly and so on and so forth. IF you don't score high enough to move you on you have to retake the written next time it is offered and redo the process. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by tua View Post
                How it works is if you are in the top 600 after the written and the oral you will move along to the phyical fitness test, then poly and so on and so forth. IF you don't score high enough to move you on you have to retake the written next time it is offered and redo the process. Good luck.
                Thank you for the info.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

sorry it took so long to reply. I think I did well. The math did suck but i'm getting better at it. I made sure to work every problem (even the ones I knew) out on paper. I took the test once before when i was in college and missed by something like two points, then got into some trouble but am trying to get back on track but its hard. would go into it further but its boring and I'm pretty embarassed about it. I'm just trying this to see if i can actually do it or if i'm kidding myself and need to start looking for a new career path. its a little discouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnichcf View Post
                    sorry it took so long to reply. I think I did well. The math did suck but i'm getting better at it. I made sure to work every problem (even the ones I knew) out on paper. I took the test once before when i was in college and missed by something like two points, then got into some trouble but am trying to get back on track but its hard. would go into it further but its boring and I'm pretty embarassed about it. I'm just trying this to see if i can actually do it or if i'm kidding myself and need to start looking for a new career path. its a little discouraging.
                    What score do you need on the written in order to be picked for the Oral interview????? in the high 90's only????
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

It depends. It's really hard to predict how you'll do on the written because of the second half of the exam (strongly agree, strongly disagree, etc.). Nobody really knows how those questions are scored. You don't have to score in the 90's to be invited to the oral. I Don't think anyone knows. It's based more on a curve. They're probably going to take the top-however-many-hundred to move along. If you feel you've done well on the written, there's reason to be confident you'll be invited to the oral. Following the completion of the oral is where many will be weeded out. Good luck.
                      Last edited by peter d; 09-20-2007, 08:28 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by peter d View Post
                        It depends. It's really hard to predict how you'll do on the written because of the second half of the exam (strongly agree, strongly disagree, etc.). Nobody really knows how those questions are scored. You don't have to score in the 90's to be invited to the oral. I Don't think anyone knows. It's based more on a curve. They're probably going to take the top-however-many-hundred to move along. If you feel you've done well on the written, there's reason to be confident you'll be invited to the oral. Following the completion of the oral is where many will be weeded out. Good luck.
                        oooo ok thanks man, I don't know how I did on the test hopefully well, I'm one of those people that don't get their hopes up that way when I don't get picked I won't be too disapointed and I know at least I tried and will try again.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

So we'll be getting the result either after this week of the fallowing week right???? unless anyone has a specific time frame please share.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

nothing yet. from what i've heard it is a LENGTHY process. if they said a week or two expect two or more and wait it out. Otherwise you will go bat sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnichcf View Post
                              nothing yet. from what i've heard it is a LENGTHY process. if they said a week or two expect two or more and wait it out. Otherwise you will go bat sh*t.
                              I'm already are, as long as it isn't like over here in NY where it takes 6months just to get your score
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3745 users online. 244 members and 3501 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X