Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone start shopping for the October Class yet?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone start shopping for the October Class yet?

Just wondering if anyone started to gathering things for the October class. I am making a list now. If you can think of anything not on the list and would like to share that would be a great help. Good luck to everyone. See you soon!

They will send you a list of what you need up there. I don't recommend taking anything extra because you probably won't have much extra room for it.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Are cell phones allowed, and what's the policy on computers there. Do you take one? Is one given to you? Or is everything hand written? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by leonardotmnt View Post
          Are cell phones allowed, and what's the policy on computers there. Do you take one? Is one given to you? Or is everything hand written? Thanks
          They'll tell you everything when you process your medical and psych exam.

Comment

Originally posted by leonardotmnt View Post
            I was told during my psychological and medical evaluaiton that cell phones are permitted except for PDA's and blackberry's. We were also told outgoing text messaging is NOT permitted, only incoming. I don't know the reasoning behind this but thats what was said.
            Last edited by LancNupe; 08-14-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Man, cell phones and personally-owned computers while in the Academy? Mine was a non-residental, and they wouldn't even let us bring them in to the building in the morning. Honestly, I enjoyed the "8 hours a day" of no contact with the outside world.
              -Mike
              The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

When I went thru, we had 3 pay phones to use in the entire bulding. No cell phones, no e-mail, no computers. Your "free" time was used for studying, polishing your leather, and getting ready for inspections.

Comment

I guess times have changed.

Comment

Honestly I didn't think either would be allowed. I was just wondering so I could see what to do with my plan while I was there. I didn't know they gave you a more comprehensive list than what was on the website though. Thanks

Comment

That is what I was wondering also, leonardotmnt.

Comment

Send me the link to the website that lists what you need. I will know whether that's all that you need or if there will be more.

Comment

Originally posted by PaRoadDawg View Post
                          Send me the link to the website that lists what you need. I will know whether that's all that you need or if there will be more.
                          http://www.psp.state.pa.us/bhr/cwp/view.asp?a=435&q=153233&PM=1&bhrNav=|6957|6959|

Comment

That list looks pretty complete. I would recommend buying good quality low quarters as you will be wearing them every day.

Something I didn't see on that page is that there is no tobacco use while your on the hill. So if you smoke or chew, it's time to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by PaRoadDawg View Post
                              That list looks pretty complete. I would recommend buying good quality low quarters as you will be wearing them every day.

Something I didn't see on that page is that there is no tobacco use while your on the hill. So if you smoke or chew, it's time to quit.
                              No caffeine either, I've weened myself off coffee, soda, tea completely.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3250 users online. 150 members and 3100 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X