300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about october class..

I took the written in january, physical in june, and polygraph two weeks ago. Im supposedly starting the BI at the end of July. During the physical fitness, and polygraph the troopers told us to be prepared to enter the october academy. For the people who went through the process, does this sound like a good possibility? Or will I be pushed to the class after? I'm just extremely anxious to get in and was wondering. Thanks for the input

Originally posted by ajm8813 View Post
    I took the written in january, physical in june, and polygraph two weeks ago. Im supposedly starting the BI at the end of July. During the physical fitness, and polygraph the troopers told us to be prepared to enter the october academy. For the people who went through the process, does this sound like a good possibility? Or will I be pushed to the class after? I'm just extremely anxious to get in and was wondering. Thanks for the input

During the earlier parts of the process all the Trooper Recruiters/HR told me to be ready for the April/June class. Now I am on track for the October class along with everyone else who tested in August '06. My advice is to train like your goin in October and if you don't go in then you'll be that much better off. From what it seems, however, there are alot of us from Aug '06 still ahead of you so I wouldn't hold my breath.. then again what do I know?lol

Comment

The other thing to consider is that your likelihood of becoming eligible for the October class may be better than Tua or myself having become eligible for the June class because the June class is of only 60 cadets. The october class, from what I understand, is of roughly 200.

After you take the physical/psych, ask HR where you're ranked. They'll give you an idea of where you stand so you can make plans. You might as well try being patient, though I know how difficult that is...

Comment

[QUOTE=peter d;900229]The other thing to consider is that your likelihood of becoming eligible for the October class may be better than Tua or myself having become eligible for the June class because the June class is of only 60 cadets. The october class, from what I understand, is of roughly 200.QUOTE]

Good point

Comment

Hey, Everyone! Thought this was intresting. The June class started Monday, June 11. The first night 6 cadets dropped out. The next night 10 more dropped out. Hope everyoone is mentally and physically prepared. My friend is at the Academy now and told me.

Comment

Really, I didn't get a phone call. The human resource person I talked to told me if I didn't receive a phone in the first 36 hours I won't be called up to Greensburg. I guess there were people ahead of me on the standby list.

Comment

Originally posted by GEM415 View Post
              Hey, Everyone! Thought this was intresting. The June class started Monday, June 11. The first night 6 cadets dropped out. The next night 10 more dropped out. Hope everyoone is mentally and physically prepared. My friend is at the Academy now and told me.
              Thats insane! 16 out of 60 gone like that!

Comment

wow..that's a little much to be gone so soon...it had to be something mental...other than the initial fitness standard (which they already passed a few months ago), what else could they have possibly been exposed to physically that would have sent them out the door this soon?

Being MENTALLY prepared is key...It can't possibly take too much to have problems physically within 36 hours. I can't imagine anyone there failed the initial physical standard. If they couldn't jump 14 inches, they wouldn't have shown up..

I believe it was Tua who said it best, "they'll have to carry me out the door to get me to leave." or something along those lines. Lol.

Pete
                Last edited by peter d; 06-15-2007, 01:00 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Gone that far just to quit!

Comment

That is INSANE how many people quit already! I wonder what happened. Thanks for everyone responding to my question

Comment

Check out the new PSP recruiting website...www.patrooper.com. The site was put together well.

Comment

What a great website, spring40!

Comment

The video on there got me pretty pumped!

Comment

Hey guys I found a video report on the Pennsylvania State Police Academy training by CBS 21. Here is the link: http://www.whptv.com/mediacenter/loc...videoId=121132

There is a commercial clip first so allow it to play. You guys should like this as well.
                            Last edited by LancNupe; 06-16-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Very nice website! Not quite as much information as the old, regular one. But the new website has more current information on it, and has some nice features/videos on it. Thanks for posting it Spring!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4649 users online. 313 members and 4336 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X