300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allegheny County Police Academy?

I was looking into enrolling in this academy next year in January. I have been told it's a pretty good academy and certifies you to work anywhere in PA, although i still have to wait until I'm 21 to become an officer. Anyone here gone to it? Any opinions or things like that?

IMHO I would NOT pay the 3 or 4,000 bucks to get certified as a cop then have to go look for a job. Thats me. I started in a department that put me thru their academy and that helped me get my current job.
    I say go to Arizona or Florida or any state that has growth and get academy there.
    Allegheny Cty. and most of PA is a hard nut to crack into, its because of major population loss and other socio-economic stuff.
    Good luck
    I got nothing for now

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I was just looking into doing it to possibly try and get a head start, maybe make me look better and get hired more easily.

Comment

You should come down to Maryland or Virginia like a lot of people do. Get paid to go through the academy then if you want after a few years move back. I'm on a dept of about 150 and I would guess about 15-20 are from the Pittsburgh area just like myself.
        Last edited by JJS; 06-22-2007, 12:43 PM.
        I'm sorry, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6242 users online. 355 members and 5887 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X