Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

You won’t win. He wasn’t an idiot.
    Mike Tyson had a learning disability, was bi polar, and was beating up pros as an amatuer. I don't got a learning disability, nor am I an idiot. You can say that about me all you want only time will tell.

Comment

Here's the thing, man: Based on your posts, it just doesn't seem like you've reached the level of emotional maturity that most PDs are looking for. It's not a lifelong indictment of you. You just have more to learn. I remember that I was like you when I was your age. I never got into any legal trouble, but it took me a while to realize that I didn't understand the world as well as I thought I did. I learned a lot of hard and frustrating lessons. Some of it was my fault, some of it was just life kicking me in the head despite my best efforts to improve my situation. I started applying for PDs when I was 22, and looking back, I did not have the life experience, professional experience, or maturity to do the job.

I think that's where you're at now. It's starting with the fact that you can't seem to grasp why people aren't convinced that you're a changed man after only 3 months. Maybe you are, but you have to prove it. And that takes time. You have to remember who you're dealing with here: Law enforcement. You know how many times I took an inmate to be discharged and he declared that this was a wake up call, and he's never coming back...and then I'd see them back a year later for doing something stupid? That's the crap that LE sees all the time. Everybody is always "getting their life turned around." See, the issue is not as much what you did. It's the question of whether or not that's a fluke, or pattern of behavior. To prove that it's not a pattern, you need a long track record proving that it was a one time error in judgment. One year is never going to cut it.

You have to also understand just how strict the hiring standards are for a police job. Even today, where next to nobody wants to be a cop, it's STILL very difficult to get hired anywhere. Every department is worried about liability, and spending taxpayer money on someone who might, at best, not be a good fit for the department and, at worst, be an absolute disaster. It's tough enough for candidates with minor, very forgivable indiscretions in their distant past, to pass a background check. There is a cynical view in LE of "Once a [blank], always a [blank]". True or not, that view is there.

Here's what I suggest: Finish college, and get a very marketable degree in something OTHER than criminal justice. Join the military if you can, get some life experience and discipline. Then, come back and try for police. You may have a shot then. A misdemeanor+some college+security guard work is just not going to turn any heads.
      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
      -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
        Here's the thing, man: Based on your posts, it just doesn't seem like you've reached the level of emotional maturity that most PDs are looking for. It's not a lifelong indictment of you. You just have more to learn. I remember that I was like you when I was your age. I never got into any legal trouble, but it took me a while to realize that I didn't understand the world as well as I thought I did. I learned a lot of hard and frustrating lessons. Some of it was my fault, some of it was just life kicking me in the head despite my best efforts to improve my situation. I started applying for PDs when I was 22, and looking back, I did not have the life experience, professional experience, or maturity to do the job.

I think that's where you're at now. It's starting with the fact that you can't seem to grasp why people aren't convinced that you're a changed man after only 3 months. Maybe you are, but you have to prove it. And that takes time. You have to remember who you're dealing with here: Law enforcement. You know how many times I took an inmate to be discharged and he declared that this was a wake up call, and he's never coming back...and then I'd see them back a year later for doing something stupid? That's the crap that LE sees all the time. Everybody is always "getting their life turned around." See, the issue is not as much what you did. It's the question of whether or not that's a fluke, or pattern of behavior. To prove that it's not a pattern, you need a long track record proving that it was a one time error in judgment. One year is never going to cut it.

You have to also understand just how strict the hiring standards are for a police job. Even today, where next to nobody wants to be a cop, it's STILL very difficult to get hired anywhere. Every department is worried about liability, and spending taxpayer money on someone who might, at best, not be a good fit for the department and, at worst, be an absolute disaster. It's tough enough for candidates with minor, very forgivable indiscretions in their distant past, to pass a background check. There is a cynical view in LE of "Once a [blank], always a [blank]". True or not, that view is there.

Here's what I suggest: Finish college, and get a very marketable degree in something OTHER than criminal justice. Join the military if you can, get some life experience and discipline. Then, come back and try for police. You may have a shot then. A misdemeanor+some college+security guard work is just not going to turn any heads.
        Noted thanks for the advice. I actually did try to change my major but they already put me in classes so I just decided I was going to stick with it. I don't expect people on here to believe me. It's not like they're monitoring me 24/7. So that's why I try to explain it as best as possible.

Your right I have to prove myself even in the military. I do have life lessons too. Don't take that as me arguing with you I'm not as I said I'm willing to wait the 2 years. And I will stay out of trouble check back with me summer 2020. I'm not going to explain myself any further. Actions are louder than words.

When you said marketable, what did you mean? I'm going to continue my education no matter what. Because I know it will help. I'm guessing you meant something like pyschology, so I can do other things? Or just so it looks good?
        Last edited by Khanraider97; 07-05-2019, 11:18 PM.

Comment

One thing I learnt in life is people who dont like me, unless they have real mental issues, they most likely warm up to as they get to know me a little bit more. So I don't dwell on people on the internet hating on me. I mean they think im delusional, so why wouldn't they not believe me.

Don't worry in a few months you guys will warm up to me.

Edit hating was not the right word to use. Having disbelief was.
          Last edited by Khanraider97; 07-06-2019, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khanraider97 View Post

Noted thanks for the advice. I actually did try to change my major but they already put me in classes so I just decided I was going to stick with it. I don't expect people on here to believe me. It's not like they're monitoring me 24/7. So that's why I try to explain it as best as possible.

Your right I have to prove myself even in the military. I do have life lessons too. Don't take that as me arguing with you I'm not as I said I'm willing to wait the 2 years. And I will stay out of trouble check back with me summer 2020. I'm not going to explain myself any further. Actions are louder than words.

When you said marketable, what did you mean? I'm going to continue my education no matter what. Because I know it will help. I'm guessing you meant something like pyschology, so I can do other things? Or just so it looks good?
            I mean don't just get a degree. Think about one you want that can be used for something other than law enforcement. Think about how you're going to use it if law enforcement doesn't work out. Map out a plan of what you can do with that degree, and go in that direction. See it to the end and, if at some point you do get picked up for a police job, great. But if not, at least you'll have a career in something.

Also, if you want to get practical experience, don't do security. I'd go into corrections. You'll learn a lot more related skills to police in being a CO than you will be a security guard. Plus, you might not have to wait as long to be considered. I know of one county correctional facility in the Philly area that would probably hire right now, no questions asked.
            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
            -Chris Rock

Comment

Mike Tyson had a learning disability, was bi polar, and was beating up pros as an amatuer. I don't got a learning disability, nor am I an idiot. You can say that about me all you want only time will tell.
              He was also a wife beater and a convicted rapist
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I mean don't just get a degree. Think about one you want that can be used for something other than law enforcement. Think about how you're going to use it if law enforcement doesn't work out. Map out a plan of what you can do with that degree, and go in that direction. See it to the end and, if at some point you do get picked up for a police job, great. But if not, at least you'll have a career in something.

Also, if you want to get practical experience, don't do security. I'd go into corrections. You'll learn a lot more related skills to police in being a CO than you will be a security guard. Plus, you might not have to wait as long to be considered. I know of one county correctional facility in the Philly area that would probably hire right now, no questions asked.

pm the name of the facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

He was also a wife beater and a convicted rapist
                  I did not know about the wife beating part. But I did know about the rapist part. But he claims that then women wanted to have intercourse with him. Which knowing how Mike Tyson is he's a nice guy outside of the ring, but a psychopathic killer in the ring. Plus he has the mind of 13 year old and the body of a 5'9" hulk so of course if he's going to do it with a small 18 year old girl shes going to feel it too much if she has never done it. (Sorry trying not to break the rules here lol).

Comment

I did not know about the wife beating part. But I did know about the rapist part. But he claims that then women wanted to have intercourse with him. Which knowing how Mike Tyson is he's a nice guy outside of the ring, but a psychopathic killer in the ring. Plus he has the mind of 13 year old and the body of a 5'9" hulk so of course if he's going to do it with a small 18 year old girl shes going to feel it too much if she has never done it. (Sorry trying not to break the rules here lol).
                    WTF are you talking about?
                    -Chris Rock

Comment

WTF are you talking about?
                      You know what I'm talking about. Mike Tyson was 240 lbs of muscle back than and he was a short heavy weight. I actually feel like I shouldn't have said anything now lol.

you know what I'm just going to shut up now.

Comment

You know what I'm talking about. Mike Tyson was 240 lbs of muscle back than and he was a short heavy weight. I actually feel like I shouldn't have said anything now lol.

you know what I'm just going to shut up now.
                        Yeah...because that sounded really bad.

Be sure to choose your words carefully, or else they'll be used against you out there.
                        -Chris Rock

Comment

Yeah...because that sounded really bad.

Be sure to choose your words carefully, or else they'll be used against you out there.
                          Yeah I really do lol.

Comment

Maturity is taking responsibility, acceptings out of your control, not relying on others to help, accepting consequences and not going assuming something wild from the get go.

I really don't know what you see as mature. This is how I was taught to be mature. I can't see myself doing anything else. I'd be lying if I said I wanted to own everything that father owns after he passes including the franchise.

So really I am showing maturity because I'm actually willing wait. And I have not said anybodies wrong on here. I did what I did. It wasnt right and it makes me seem like a psycho wether Philly pd calls me or not. I will still go and disclose it because I don't want to be the guy whose afraid of the answer no. And being honest with them will let them know im more mature and that I didn't lie just to get in.

I'm not trying to have problems with you but like I said I'm not going to suck up to you because I'm not a kid and that would show immaturity. I do have a lot of hurtful stuff to say to you like I do when people cut me off on the road. But I'm not going to say it because that's me showing maturity.
                            Saved.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Saved. Predatory.
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

My man, are you serious right now?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5901 users online. 275 members and 5626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X