300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Merion Lawsuit

Way too many issues in the land of the good ole hire and fire... Such as the locker room being a million degrees in the summer to no parking and having the township's meter maid ticket officers private cars when there is no parking at the administration building..

Sexual Harassment Suit Filed Against Lower Merion Police: Report

Lower Merion Police Sgt. Jo Anne Pepitone filed a federal lawsuit against the department, alleging sexual harassment and discrimination.

​​​​​​

LOWER MERION TOWNSHIP, PA — A female sergeant with the Lower Merion Police Department is suing the department, its superintendent, and township over allege sexual harassment and discrimination, according to a new report.

Sgt. Jo Anne Pepitone on Friday filed a federal sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuit against the Lower Merion Police Department, superintendent Mike McGrath, and the township itself, Philly Magazine reports.

Subscribe

"We’re proud of our client, Sgt. Jo Anne Pepitone, for having the courage to file this lawsuit," Scott Pollins, Pepitone's attorney, said. "No employer is above the law. Sexual harassment can take many forms, including when an employer tolerates a female employee being repeatedly subject to false rumors and a hostile work environment. We look forward to holding the Lower Merion Police Department responsible for its conduct at trial."

The suit alleges Pepitone, 37, of Berwyn, was sent nude photos via text message of other officers, that one officer attempted to track her via GPS, she was the subject of rumors that she was sexually involved with other officers, and that she used sex to get a promotion, according to Philly.com.

Pepitone is seeking an unspecified damages, the outlet reports.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

I'm not surprised. This seems to be a serious problem at MANY of the departments in the Philly area. The jail where I used to work, which I won't name but I'll say it's in close proximity to LM Twp, has a very similar ongoing problem with this that they have no intention of fixing. That same toxic culture was the reason I left.

Even if they didn't do the hire and fire, I'm still glad I never applied for LMPD. I remember a LM officer who was one my my academy instructors told us straight out: It's a horrible place to work. But if any of you apply, you probably will get hired.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

All i can say, is well I won't say. well I'll say this-funny how as soon as she got a white shirt and stripes she became a different person. Should she be treated this way? No. But stories started about her before she passed probation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9488 users online. 430 members and 9058 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X