300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing Requirements

Wondering if anyone could help me out. Im currently in college going for my criminal justice degree and looking to become a cop. I was looking at the ACT 120 page the other day at the medical requirements. One I saw was that canidates could not wear hearing aids. I wear hearing aids that are not visible, they are in the canal. I am not deaf, I have about a 50% hearing loss. How strigent is this policy? should I just not say anything at the medical? Any help appreciated.

I got the same situation...
    Anybody have an answer?
    I suppose it would depend on the agency do the tests.

I have high freq hearing loss due to an IED explosion & also have hearing aids (don't ever wear them though). I'm have a disability rating that I'm compensated for...
    But, will Police dept's still take us into consideration???

Comment

(vi) Applicants shall have audio acuity sufficient to distinguish a normal whisper at a distance of 15 feet. The test shall be independently conducted for each ear while the tested ear is facing away from the speaker and the other ear is firmly covered with the palm of the hand. The applicant may not use a hearing aid or other aid to perform the test. If the applicant fails this test, the applicant shall be required to take and pass a decibel audio test.

This is from: http://www.mpoetc.state.pa.us/mpotrs...=1133&q=440471

I am only guessing but it seems there is some flexibility depending on how badly the loss is. Is the hearing aid a permanent fixture in the canal or is it removable? Can you hear without the aid to some degree?

Comment

Huh? What??
        Did you say something??
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

I'm very sorry to listen this thing. I suggest you can used the hearing aids . It's very well. Hoped that it's ok.
          one summer night

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2727 users online. 180 members and 2547 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X