300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can one prepare physically/mentally

So was looking for some pointers on what some of you staties would reccomend to get prepared to go through the application process.

I have heard such examples as run lots of hills, when running, but what other bits of advice could you give to someone preparing now, for a future shot at the academy.

examples, excercises, things to study, etc etc.

Mentally-you need to prepare for the fact that there is a possibility of once you get to the Academy, you may not leave for the next 7 months (pretty much happened to the guy in the room next to me). Be determined to make it thru the Academy no matter what. Develop "thick skin".

Physically-Run, work your muscles to failure, swim, box, condition your body for getting up at 4 a.m.

Comment

any type of swim strokes specifically?

4am, good to know, I have been getting up at 5am, thinking it was 5, will change that.

It might have been a while ago and surely has gone through many changes, but what was a typical day like for you in the academy PA?

Your responses, are very much appreciated.

Comment

swim strokes--basically anything that keeps you above water

Basically our day went like this--up at 4-start cleaning our room, 5 a.m. down for formation, 5:30 run, 6:30 shower and dress, 6:45 breakfast, 7:15 common areas or stables, into class at 8, 11:30 lunch, 12:45 back to class, 5 p.m. dinner, 6-whenever study or sometimes class at night.

Now granted that was 10 years ago, I'm not sure if anything has changed.

Comment

over the course of your stay, how many weekends were you allowed to leave and or have a visitor? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

I always made the runs, passed the inspections, and didn't have problems academically, so I was able to leave the Academy every other weekend. I never had anyone visit me at the Academy, so I don't remember how that works.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4758 users online. 283 members and 4475 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X