300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethlehem PD hiring

FYI the Deputy Commissioner and one of the officers at Bethlehem PD were on the radio in the Lehigh Valley today trying to get applicants for the department. From what they said they will be hiring for multiple positions. You can pick up an application at Bethlehem City Hall if you're interested.

Just wanted to let everyone know...good luck and be safe.

What can you tell us about the department.
    Morale? GOod pay?, vacation and sick time? Schedules?
    Is there a residency requirement?
    It appears to be a good location being so close to NJ and NYC, and Philtydelphia...
    E
    I got nothing for now

Comment

Great Dept. Google It And Get The Application And Info From There Website. No Residency Required.

Comment

Fantastic department with many many great Officers. I should have been done the academy for them in July but I am not a great runner, I passed all the phases in the process but my run for the academy entrace. I will be applying again and will not let them slip by me again. It is truly a great department with many great people. Any questions, email me at [email protected]

Comment

DO you know if they accept LATERAL transfers? I checked the website a bit and didnt see anything. I know I can call but would like some info. ahead of time.
          Thanks
          I got nothing for now

Comment

I think they do accept lateral transfers, as I believe they have had a few guys come in from other departments, even out of state such as FL, and many transfer from instate even. I am not sure where you sould start out on the pay grade though. Give a call and ask them, they want good offcers.

Comment

Originally posted by ILnPA
              FYI the Deputy Commissioner and one of the officers at Bethlehem PD were on the radio in the Lehigh Valley today trying to get applicants for the department.
              I don’t know how many officers they plan on hiring and I have asked, but they typically only hire 5 each session. There was an article last week in the paper from the FOP saying that they need 30 officers soon to ease the workload and the commissioner says they plan on hiring about as many in the next 5 years.

Comment

That sounds right on par Lv (5 per session). From what I understand they were going to hire more than usual (they did acknowledge and emphasize the need for multiple hires...from what I heard from one of the officers that works for BPD it's going to be more like 7 or 8).

E-man they do accept laterals. I would definately call though first and get more details on transferring in.

For anyone who hasn't seen the benefits:

5 Weeks Vacation for top level officers

Patrol officers work 5-3 / 5-2 Schedule 5 days working with 3 off, five days working with two off.

Patrol has a steady night shift Platoon and 3 patrol platoons which rotate days and middles.

Dental Plan for you and Family

Education bonus for associate or bachelors degree & tuition reimbursement for studying toward degree while employed.

Prescription Plan with small Co-Pay

Health Insurance with Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Offering several custom plans) for you and your family.

4 personal days a year

Differential pay for different shifts

Longevity pay with a maximum of 5% of total salary

Clothing Allowance for both uniform and non uniform officers

Generous Court appearance plan

Life Insurance

Overtime pay with option of compensatory time

Sick leave with 21 days possible a year, 260 days accumulated maximum

Payment for unused sick days after maximum achieved.

Funeral Leave Policy

Military Leave Policy

Travel time for department issued schooling & training

No Residence requirement

Legal Aid policy

Pension plan currently set at 70% after 25 years

Promotion system is based on Civil Service Rules

Officers are members of the Fraternal Order Of Police.

Good luck and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ILnPA

E-man they do accept laterals. I would definately call though first and get more details on transferring in.

Good luck and be safe.
                  thanks, I think I will call them.
                  E
                  I got nothing for now

Comment

Five-year plan for hiring, beginning in 2008 with the addition of five patrol officers, one crime prevention officer and three civilian hires, including a clerk and two 911 dispatchers. The plan calls for 10 new police hires in 2009, nine each in 2010 and 2011 and seven in 2012.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5735 users online. 328 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X