Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania State Police Cycle 6013

Good Morning,

Creating a new thread for the latest PSP 6013 cycle of applicants. I am scheduling my written test for a Friday in June @ 10 or 11am in Philadelphia

Best of luck,
    Ed
    Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-25-2019, 03:57 PM.

Originally posted by PA_Ed View Post
    Good Morning,

Creating a new thread for the latest PSP 6013 cycle of applicants. I took my test Friday 8/17 @ 11am in Philadelphia

Best of luck,
    Ed
    Selection Cycle 6013 is the next cycle and doesn't start processing until early 2019. Cycle 6012 just concluded written exams and are awaiting notification of eligibility for oral exams which I believe is what you are talking about. In which case I believe someone else already created a thread for that cycle.

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct - cycle 6012, I misread PSP.PA.GOV's website
      Best of luck - hopefully we receive our written exam rankings shortly
      Ed
      Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-25-2019, 03:58 PM.

Yeah, I just got my email confirming the passing of the written exam on Friday. Able to set the date for the oral exam on 8/14. I noticed the local testing site I used last cycle (my first try) wasn't listed. I was thinking they had more testing sites since they pushed back the closing of the cycle last year by 6 months. Probably had a lot more applicants.

Written exam was exactly the same as my first time. Not that I am complaining, but I think they should have different variations. But maybe it is just my testing site that was that way.

Feeling a lot more confident going into my second shot at the oral exam for sure.

Also, can a moderator or the original poster change the title of this thread to Cycle 6012 to cut down on confusion. Thanks.

Comment

I put in my application in mid October. Anyone hear anything about when the upcoming test dates are? I heard there's a big group of applicants in for this round, 11,000+

Comment

• Jakerzpsp
      Jakerzpsp commented
      Editing a comment
      When i hear the number of people who apply for this, it makes me feel better about a score in the 600s.

Originally posted by motleycrusa View Post
    I put in my application in mid October. Anyone hear anything about when the upcoming test dates are? I heard there's a big group of applicants in for this round, 11,000+
    Same. I applied early early October and received an e-mail confirming the application and a link to test prep guides, but no actual test date and location. Anyone else waiting for one?
    "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

You'll get to self schedule the written exam in late January 2019 and the actual exam is going to be held in February. I'm in cycle 6012 and took the oral but missed the cut by a few to move on. So I'll be testing again in 6013.

Comment

Just received this email, subject "Pennsylvania State Police - Cadet Application Cycle Extended"

The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) is in receipt of your application for the position of Cadet. The application cycle was expected to close at the end of the calendar year, but has been extended and is now projected to close on June 30, 2019. The Department anticipates that the written examination for State Police Cadet will be available at State Civil Service Commission locations in early 2019.

As a reminder, applicants must be at least 20 years of age on or before the date the application is completed. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and cannot have reached their 40th birthday prior to or on the date of appointment as a State Police Cadet. Applicants in the 6013 Cadet selection cycle will be processed for Cadet classes that begin no earlier than March 2020.

Information regarding Cadet testing and processing is subject to change. Candidates are encouraged to periodically review the Department's web site for the most current information: https://www.psp.pa.gov/employment/Pa...uncements.aspx.

Questions may be referred to the Specialized PSP Placement Section at [email protected].

Comment

I dont get this dam exam. I took it once before the change in credits policy, scored very well....only to get booted by HR for the old credits requirement. I've taken the written 2 times since, and cant make it past a damn 2k score. Yet I can go 90s on twp exams. Sucks because State is where I truly want to be!

Comment

• Segurosky3410
            Segurosky3410 commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel you. I took the exam twice and failed to reach pass the written. I coudlnt use my vet points as told only applys when you do the oral.

Very upset about this January cycle being extended to June, was hoping to get this process started. Heard it is related back to the state budget as to why it was moved.

Comment

Although I am in the background investigation phase for 6012 cycle, just now I received an email for the upcoming 6013 cycle.

Comment

• Jakerzpsp
              Jakerzpsp commented
              Editing a comment
              What are some tips for the oral exam?

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Jakerzpsp Respond from a bystanders point of view, don't be the hero, keep everyone safe, be a great witness, report everything, eye color, hair, tag #, car color, location etc

Hi, has anyone received further information on when the written exam will begin? I received a email saying sometime mid January to beginning of Feb. I have not heard anymore. First time and I am just curious. Thanks!

Comment

• PAgrad
              PAgrad commented
              Editing a comment
              Have not heard anything since the 12/28/18 email.

Got the written exam email today. Scheduling for written exams begins on 1 Feb 19 and closes on 29 June 19. Email said tentative oral dates will be between 27 Sep 19 and 1 Oct 19.

Comment

• Space Ranger
              Space Ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              Just got this email as well, however, I'm in the BI phase for cycle 6012. Shouldn't be an issue but I wonder if I need remove my name from cycle 6013 or something.

• PAgrad
              PAgrad commented
              Editing a comment
              Got the same email today as well.

• Tink1989
              Tink1989 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here!

Took my test this morning! 3rd time is a charm!

Comment

• motleycrusa
              motleycrusa commented
              Editing a comment
              What tripped you up last time in the process? The written or the oral?

• Jakerzpsp
              Jakerzpsp commented
              Editing a comment
              PAgrad I have always done well on the written, The oral has gotten me the last two times. It has seemed to be the exact same questions each time. If you want to study take the Pittsburgh PD test. It is exactly the same and they tell you your raw score and show you want to improve on.

• Jakerzpsp
              Jakerzpsp commented
              Editing a comment
              motleycrusa Always the oral, I get to quick to answer. Hoping to get in this time for the march class.

• Thinblue91
              Thinblue91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Written is always my struggle, oral boards I did great. I’m sitting in 6012 cycle just outside the number the took background so hoping I get contacted, but still going through this process

3rd for me too. 1st time I went through up to background but got bumped by HR since my credits were not officially cleared by application filing. BS because now its changed. Hopefully this is it
            Last edited by Copkid228; 03-26-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I hope the process gets easier, saw on the news today that a lot of local municipalities are turning to the state for full time police protection. Where i'm from the state doesn't have much to cover.

Comment

• motleycrusa
                motleycrusa commented
                Editing a comment
                PSP covers a large portion of the rural parts of the state. They stay busy.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4488 users online. 233 members and 4255 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X