Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in the 500's been contacted for next steps/polygraph? Looking for a general idea of where PSP is at on this cycle 6013 list of eligibility

Thank you

Comment

Wondering the same. I am sitting at 535 waiting on hearing from BI.

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Just to clarify, have you been contacted for your polygraph or that is what you mean't by BI?

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        jt1993 - have you been contacted yet for next steps? A rank of 535 should be up shortly if you have not been contacted.

• Cash_PA
        Cash_PA commented
        Editing a comment
        PA_Ed - I have not been contacted yet for the polygraph and I am ranked 514.

Sorry, to clarify I’ve not been contacted for any next steps in reference to poly or a call from the background investigator

Comment

Has anyone heard from their background investigator yet? I received an email about 2 weeks ago stating I was being referred to a background investigator for the next step of background investigation. However, I still haven’t been contacted by an investigator. Was just curious if anyone else was actually contacted yet?

Comment

• Brisch77
          Brisch77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Twags,
          I was contacted by my BI roughly two hours after I got the email about being referred to the background phase. It just depends on the caseload of the assigned investigator. If you don’t hear something by December I would email HR and just let them know you haven’t been contacted yet. Good luck.

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          Brisch77 Gotcha, thank you. I know they have until January to complete them and send in their findings to the panel by January but was just still curious if that’s normal. I’ll shoot HR and email.

• Hawkinator
          Hawkinator commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck to you both in the background phase!

Just an FYI to everyone they are moving faster than expected. My polygraph was originally scheduled for early December and they moved it up, so mine is tomorrow at 1200 hours. I ranked 456th in the cycle. I would assume they are already calling low 500’s or are about to to schedule their polygraphs. Possibly even before Christmas so be ready!

Comment

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Just tell the truth about everything on the packet even if it is embarrassing and you will be fine. Good luck to you !

• Sam McClimans
          Sam McClimans commented
          Editing a comment
          They started doing polygraphs again? Last I heard was that they got rid of them in 2017 to allow for more applicants.

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, the polygraph has returned. PSP has reached their ideal operating strength so the polygraph has returned.
          Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-05-2019, 08:31 PM.

Have we hit 600's yet???

Comment

• Cash_PA
          Cash_PA commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in the low 500’s and I have not received a phone call/email yet about the polygraph.

Has everyone that took poly been contacted by BI yet? I took mine late October and still waiting for any news good or bad.

Comment

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was contacted by my BI early this month. May depend on rank though as well. Have you been told that you passed the polygraph and are being referred to a background investigator?

For those who received notice that they had moved onto the background phase...what was the timeline they had given you as to when the backgrounds are to be submitted by and given details as to potential dates of results??

Thanks.

Comment

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          Estimated timeline is backgrounds to be completed and handed in by January 2020. PRT invites estimated to be sent out January 2020 as well with the PRT being held sometime in February for the MAY2020 class. Assuming those dates may or may not change.

I spoke with a member of HR today, 1/2/2020 via email and was informed:

“We are currently processing the top 500 applicants. This could be subject to change based on the Department needs.”

Comment

Just re read the cadet final results email and here is the time line listed for any one that might of skipped over it...

October 2019 through November 2019 - polygraph examination conducted
          December 2019 through January 2020 - background investigation conducted
          2/24/2020 through 2/28/2020 - a one day physical readiness test, medical screening, and psychological screening is conducted
          5/11/2020 160th Cadet class begins
          8/17/2020 161st Cadet class begins

Comment

• Twags2332
            Twags2332 commented
            Editing a comment
            Was actually wondering estimated dates for the PRT. Awesome, thank you! Just got the news my background was completed and was turned in to be routed up to HR. Wonder how soon in January for PRT invites to be sent out !

Originally posted by Harleyriders View Post
          Just re read the cadet final results email and here is the time line listed for any one that might of skipped over it...

October 2019 through November 2019 - polygraph examination conducted
          December 2019 through January 2020 - background investigation conducted
          2/24/2020 through 2/28/2020 - a one day physical readiness test, medical screening, and psychological screening is conducted
          5/11/2020 160th Cadet class begins
          8/17/2020 161st Cadet class begins

thank you for this. I was apart of 6012 but my background wasn’t submitted on time so I have been pushed back with 6013 but haven’t received any new updates since so this helps.

Comment

Anyone know if PRT invites are supposed to be sent out this month, or when they will be sent out?

Comment

I moved onto background this week. I was told that they need to be turned in by the first week of February. How long did it take your BI’s to complete your background?

Comment

• Lessil
                Lessil commented
                Editing a comment
                It took my BI from the last week of November to 12/31, so about a month. But I think it varies depending on if you've lived in several places (states/countries), how many jobs you've had, education, things like that. If you've lived in more places, had many jobs, and gone to many schools then it's going to take longer.

Here is a link if you're interested in joining a GroupMe for those taking PRT in February. https://groupme.com/join_group/56785027/2h7wxPHA

Comment

Anyone in the 500's heard anything further? I am 535 still have not heard anything or have been contacted by the background investigator.

Comment

• Cash_PA
                  Cash_PA commented
                  Editing a comment
                  jt1993 I am sitting at 514 and I am still waiting to be contacted about the polygraph.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8243 users online. 452 members and 7791 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X