Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody been just outside the cut line (400 and below) and then recieved a call at a later time? Just wondering how long/if I should anticipate a call if I'm upper 400's.

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      You will be contacted, I promise.

Originally posted by pirate123 View Post
    Has anybody been just outside the cut line (400 and below) and then recieved a call at a later time? Just wondering how long/if I should anticipate a call if I'm upper 400's.
    i was low 800s in the 6012 cycle. im currently going through my BI now. i had my oral interview last fall

Comment

• Twags2332
      Twags2332 commented
      Editing a comment
      So they are gonna put 6012 applicants in the MAY class along with 6013?

• jp6574
      jp6574 commented
      Editing a comment
      very possible that 6012 will be in may with 6013. just depends on how long it takes to process everybody. currently the tentative PRT days are november 13,14,15 for the 6012 class.

• Twags2332
      Twags2332 commented
      Editing a comment
      So will 6012 candidates take up most of the slots for the MAY class then?

• jp6574
      jp6574 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not saying that...it all Just depends on how long it takes to get 6012 processed.

I haven't gotten an email on my rank/score (not in junk or spam), contacted entry HR last week and still nothing. I did however get an email from HR to have my polygraph packet ready by 15 October. I'm assuming I ranked well enough to get in the May class then?

Comment

• Twags2332
      Twags2332 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think so. Shoot HR another email and let them know again

Is the psb and FA due on the 15th or just the psb?

Comment

• Twags2332
      Twags2332 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just the PSB. Once you pass your polygraph you will then be invited to the background and you will use the FA to complete that process.

• $hrapnel
      $hrapnel commented
      Editing a comment
      The psb gets turned into the examiner directly correct? I don’t need to send it anywhere else?

• Twags2332
      Twags2332 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Your examiner will get ahold of you and tell you how he wants delivery of the packet. No need to upload it.

• Twags2332
      Twags2332 commented
      Editing a comment
      When you submitted your PSB did you add the signatures or did you leave it blank to sign the actual polygraph exam?

I was told there’s a phone number you can call to see exactly what number their at in the process?

Comment

Anyone under rank 400 get contacted by a polygraph examiner yet?

Comment

• Murray101
        Murray101 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was contacted on 10/11/19
        Last edited by Murray101; 10-23-2019, 03:24 PM.

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the 300’s no call yet. Thanks for the info. Might have something to do with location as well.

• Lefty_10
        Lefty_10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you confirm what the caller ID will read when we receive the call?

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        Finally got the call. Poly scheduled end of Nov. The caller ID will be different for everyone throughout the state. It's the poly examiner's work cell phone.

Just got done with poly. How long until you hear a result from hr?

Comment

• Murray101
        Murray101 commented
        Editing a comment
        They told me 2-3 weeks.

Anyone get results back from the poly yet? Also do we get results by email or certified mail?

Comment

• $hrapnel
        $hrapnel commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet. My understanding is if you get anything in the mail it’s not good.

Just got an email. I ranked 456 and will be having my polygraph test in early December. They are moving up the list ladies and gentlemen so be ready if you are around that number.

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck bro!

• Hawkinator
        Hawkinator commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you man!

• PSPJ
        PSPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        I would assume the polygraph results are already eliminating people if they are already pulling more from the list. Anyone down the list, you most certainly have a opportunity to hear your number called.

Did everyone else just get that email about going to the meeting in Bethlehem for directions in the next step of the hiring process? If we got that does that mean we move on past the polygraph?

Comment

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        Not necessarily. I received the email as well for my area. Didn't take the poly yet.

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not receive that email (yet), may i ask what the details are? Thank you

• Twags2332
        Twags2332 commented
        Editing a comment
        PA_Ed just a meeting for those in the top 400 to discuss the upcoming steps in the hiring process. Was unsure if those who got that email meant we have moved on past the polygraph for those who already took it.

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you bro hope all is well
        @Twags

Any thoughts on PSP vs NYPD ?

Comment

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s absolutely no comparison. Just look at the news over the past year regarding NYPD. When your own mayor doesn’t back you obviously there’s is a problem. The officers are scared to do their job when their own administration doesn’t back them. Plus the high cost of living in NYC or surrounding area doesn’t justify their pay. PSP all the way. If you want to live in NY check out NY state Police. High salary

Does anyone know where they are at on the eligibility list?

Comment

• Hawkinator
        Hawkinator commented
        Editing a comment
        I was 456 and I got my polygraph email. I know a buddy who is 550 range and did not get his yet, so it is around there. Heard they will most likely reach into the 1,000 range this process.

• Twags2332
        Twags2332 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you do not know where you are at yet, contact HR !

Wonder how long it is going to take for results to come out or to get emails to move onto backgrounds. Took my poly about 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Hawkinator
        Hawkinator commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe another week or two. I heard no news is good news so just keep looking for that email about background checks!

• Hawkinator
        Hawkinator commented
        Editing a comment
        Also how long did the whole polygraph portion take? Driving included? Just need to prepare my schedule. Thanks.

• Twags2332
        Twags2332 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hawkinator It will vary depending on how much stuff you have listed on your polygraph forums. I got a hotel 5 minutes away from where I took mine so driving didn’t take me long lol. I’m also active duty stationed in VA so I had to drive 5 hours the night before, really didn’t get much sleep the night before the exam which I’m hoping doesn’t bite me in the ***. The whole process will probably take around 5-6 hours from start to finish, Just my experience. Just be up front and honest about everything, even if it’s embarrassing.

• Hawkinator
        Hawkinator commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect! Thank you for this information and best of luck to you!

I heard they reach rankings in the 500's. Can anyone confirm? Hoping they move up quickly.

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Scroll up and read Hawkinator's post from 10/30, gives you a general idea.

Being referred to a background investigator. If you took your poly exam already check your email!

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Great work

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8075 users online. 428 members and 7647 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X