Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once a Cadet graduates from the academy, can anyone explain the process afterwards? Is a Cadet obligated to spend a certain amount of time somewhere else in the state?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty_10 View Post
      Once a Cadet graduates from the academy, can anyone explain the process afterwards? Is a Cadet obligated to spend a certain amount of time somewhere else in the state?
      "Upon successful completion of training, Cadets are promoted to the rank of Trooper and assigned to a Troop for the duration of the 18-month probationary period. The Department’s current policy requires a newly-promoted Trooper to remain in their first Troop assignment for the duration of the 18-month probationary period and two years from their date of graduation from the academy (Effective January 1, 2020). Further assignments are based upon the needs of the Department and may result in assignment to any Pennsylvania State Police field installation in the Commonwealth. Therefore, it is incumbent upon every applicant to ensure that their family is fully aware of the possibility of having to relocate and the type of duty to which the applicant may be assigned."

http://www.patrooper.com/what-to-expect.html
      Last edited by PA_Ed; 09-10-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• pron93173
        pron93173 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is incorrect. Effective: January 2020 - You must remain at your first troop assignment for a 24 month period from date of graduation. It is on the PA Trooper Website.

Good luck to everyone during their orals the next few day!

Comment

How’s everyone feeling about the orals?

Comment

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          Psp adding the polygraph back into the mix will work in our favor. The background and polygraph will DQ a lot of applicants which in turn will afford lower ranked applicants an opportunity to proceed in the process.

• Lefty_10
          Lefty_10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Feeling confident! Ready for the next step!

Gotcha. I wonder how high they will go up on the list now? I’m kinda glad the poly came back as well. I didn’t do as well on the oral as I would have liked too, hoping my veterans points will make up for it though and I still score within the top few hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by Twags2332 View Post
          Gotcha. I wonder how high they will go up on the list now? I’m kinda glad the poly came back as well. I didn’t do as well on the oral as I would have liked too, hoping my veterans points will make up for it though and I still score within the top few hundred.
          Veteran Points typically boost your rank by 100.

Cycle 6012 did not include the polygraph yet PSP crept into the high 700's which I can confirm (maybe even higher). I would imagine with the polygraph returning for future cycles, they'll reach the 900's, if not higher.
          Last edited by PA_Ed; 10-08-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• PSPJ
            PSPJ commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m ranked in the low 800s and my background investigation in currently taking place for the 6012 cycle. PSP has gone deep into the 6012 list. Presumably since 6013 application window was open for so long and they need to fill academy classes now.

If an applicant is disqualified from the process for poly how long is the wait to reapply?

Comment

• Twags2332
            Twags2332 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you can apply the following cycle

Rankings are out. Check your email.

Comment

• Twags2332
            Twags2332 commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn’t get an email? Do they send them in waves ?

• Blue Moma
            Blue Moma commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not receive an email either, I contacted entry HR last week but still haven't heard anything. I recurved a notice to complete my polygraph packet by 15 October, though.

I am curious to know what a "good chance" looks like. Any input?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty_10 View Post
            I am curious to know what a "good chance" looks like. Any input?
            My educated guess would be the top 1,000 ranked will have a shot.

Cycle 6012 did not include a polygraph and they reached the low 800's. With cycle 6013 reintroducing the polygraph, I feel comfortable making an educated guess w/ PSP affording the opportunity to the top 1,000.

Comment

• PSPJ
              PSPJ commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t think processing more than half the list is out of the question since there are only just under 1700 on the list, which seems a bit light. Also depending on how quick they get through the 6014 testing.

Has anyone not gotten an email on the combined results yet? I have not received an email. Should I be concerned?

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you checked your junk mail? Report back to me if you don’t receive the email in 36 hours and I’ll tell you who to email.

• Twags2332
              Twags2332 commented
              Editing a comment
              PA_Ed yes sir I did. No email at all. Thank you I appreciate it, have you experienced this before ?

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Twags2332 - I have not, I would recommend you email [email protected]

I ranked 456. Should I be getting my background paper work ready and be ready for the polygraph test? I know it said top 400 but I heard they go up the list pretty fast.

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I strongly recommend you begin the background paperwork ASAP.

• Hawkinator
              Hawkinator commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay cool, thank you you PA_Ed I have already started getting my references and such.

Originally posted by Hawkinator View Post
            I ranked 456. Should I be getting my background paper work ready and be ready for the polygraph test? I know it said top 400 but I heard they go up the list pretty fast.
            I definitely would. Gives you a chance to get through it thoroughly without being rushed. Are you a vet?

Comment

• Hawkinator
              Hawkinator commented
              Editing a comment
              No I’m not. I’m actually a 22 year old college student. This is my second time taking this test. Last cycle I scored 1,237 and this one I really studied day in and day out for and went over so many scenarios. I really made myself as prepared as I could be.

Has anyone gotten invited/scheduled for polygraph exam yet? I still haven’t received my combined results, I emailed HR but still nothing back yet. Just trying to make sure I’m not missing out on anything.

Comment

• $hrapnel
              $hrapnel commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m in the low 100 and haven’t gotten invited for poly yet.

Just got my rank today! Ranked under 100. Super pumped !!!! Ready to get this polygraph over with.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9612 users online. 362 members and 9250 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X