Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received an e-mail today! It's not inviting me to the orals, but at least it's something

Our records indicate you participated in the written examination for the position of Pennsylvania State Police Cadet. Please read through this entire message for important information regarding the 6013 testing cycle.

The results of the written examination will be emailed to you no later than August 30, 2019. If your test results qualify you to move forward to the oral examinations, you will be instructed on how to self-schedule a date and time for your oral examination. Oral examinations will be held from September 27, 2019 – October 1, 2019 in DuBois, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.

Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and cannot have reached their 40th birthday prior to or on the date of appointment as a State Police Cadet. Applicants in the 6013 Cadet selection cycle will be processed for Cadet classes that begin no earlier than May 2020.

Since you will receive your results by email, it is important that your contact information stay current. You may update your contact information by emailing the information to:

[email protected].

Information regarding Cadet testing and processing is subject to change. Candidates are encouraged to periodically review the Department's web site for the most current information:

https://www.psp.pa.gov/employment/Pa...uncements.aspx.

Thank you for your interest in a career with the Pennsylvania State Police.

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I received that email as well, I am upset it appears they are no longer offering oral interviews in King of Prussia

• Twags2332
      Twags2332 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any email on the oral yet ?

• $hrapnel
      $hrapnel commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing on my end

Nothing yet for Me either. Good luck guys ! Anxious for these results to come out. Anyone else in here active military/ Vet?

Comment

Emails are out about written exam results. Oral examination will take place between Sept 27th and Oct 1.

Comment

• $hrapnel
        $hrapnel commented
        Editing a comment
        Passed as well. Very excited

Exam results are out. Good luck to all the others moving onto the oral board as well!!

Comment

Has anyone passed and been invited to the oral exam on their first time taking the written exam?

It was my first time taking the written and didn’t get invited to the oral exam. Just curious if it’s worth still trying. Thanks! Good luck to anyone taking the oral exam.

Comment

• PAgrad
          PAgrad commented
          Editing a comment
          This is my first time taking this particular written test, and I was invited to the oral.

It doesn’t hurt to keep trying. All depends on how much you want to be a trooper.

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where you fail, you only grow. If you want it bad enough, push for it.

Anyone know how many are moving onto orals?

Comment

• PSPJ
          PSPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Last cycle had about 2k for orals. Top 400 moved on. They did eventually get to the top 500 I believe.

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure. I am curious as to how many people actually took the written exam & how many moved on as well.

• $hrapnel
          $hrapnel commented
          Editing a comment
          This cycle was almost twice as long as last cycle if I’m not mistaken so I assume a lot of people tested

Sooo polygraphs are back.. Why the sudden change?

Comment

• PSPJ
          PSPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I am assuming they have closed the gap with the trooper shortage. They took it out to process cadets faster. This will cut down on people who try to get through lying on the packets. They will process a lot more from orals this cycle since the polygraph does unfortunately eliminate a lot of applicants.
          Last edited by PSPJ; 08-15-2019, 12:13 PM.

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          Curious if this will delay the current academy start date of May. Wonder if it will get pushed back even further since polygraphs are included now?

• PSPJ
          PSPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Twags2332 That’s a legitimate concern but I feel like they had the intention of bringing the poly back for a while, thus incorporating that into the May 2020 academy timeline.

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          PSPJ Makes sense.

The PSP website doesn't show the updated process with the poly yet. The PATrooper site has the poly in the process, but it is directly following the oral. It used to be PRT directly following in past processing pools. Are both of these out-of-date, or did the move the PRT to later in the process?

Comment

• Twags2332
          Twags2332 commented
          Editing a comment
          The way I understood it is if you move on past the oral examination, you will then continue onto the polygraph examination/background investigation. PRT will follow after that I believe.

• $hrapnel
          $hrapnel commented
          Editing a comment
          How many fails did the poly bring last time it was used? If you get knocked out by poly how long is the wait until reapplying?
          Last edited by $hrapnel; 09-04-2019, 12:14 PM.

• PSPJ
          PSPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not sure if there is a number out there about how many people the poly eliminates but I can say there is debate about the legitimacy of it among applicants since it does DQ a lot of people. If you easily get nervous wether or not you are guilty of something that is asked you have the potential to fail if your results to the targeted questions differ by a certain degree from the baseline questions. Easier said than done but it’s best to look at it like a conversation and try to relax.

Anyone else having trouble scheduling an oral exam? The link provided is no good and I cannot find anywhere on the pa civil service site to schedule an exam like it has been done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by PSPJ View Post
          Anyone else having trouble scheduling an oral exam? The link provided is no good and I cannot find anywhere on the pa civil service site to schedule an exam like it has been done in the past.
          They sent an updated link to schedule your orals via email. PM'd you

Comment

I got the new link but still wont let me log in. Anyone else having trouble still or did you guys get through it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pahopeful View Post
              I got the new link but still wont let me log in. Anyone else having trouble still or did you guys get through it?
              The link I received allowed me to schedule on my first try, no issues:

https://secure.oa.pa.gov/Capsinternet/UI/CAPSLogin.aspx

Comment

The link in the first email didn’t work for me. I went to the email for scheduling the written exam. Followed the link for ‘Online Service’ or whatever it says. Logged in and scheduled.

Comment

I called the civil service commission. They said it is an on going problem with the scheduler for some applicants and it it being worked on and should be resolved soon.....

Comment

• PSPJ
                    PSPJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The new link still did not work for me.

I tried the link over and over. Eventually it allowed me to proceed. Keep trying!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9366 users online. 396 members and 8970 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X