Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone received an e-mail yet about their written results?

Comment

• PSPJ
      PSPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Lefty_10
      You will not receive results from your written test. After your Oral exam you receive your ranking and how well you did compared to other applicants on the examinations. For each examination you are given where you ranked, how many people did better than you, and how many did worse than you. For whatever reason they do not release results.

Originally posted by Lefty_10 View Post
    Has anyone received an e-mail yet about their written results?
    If u passed (scored high enough) you'll receive an invite for the oral board. Ranking isnt til later..

Comment

Hello all,

just submitted my application for the 2020 academy. Does anyone know the date of the actual academy? I know the deadline for both the oral and written tests are to be done no later than the end of June. Any information is appreciated!

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        First week of Jan, 2020

• PSPJ
        PSPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Stev123 The info I received and on the PSP testing announcements state that applicants in the 6013 process will be processed no earlier than the May 2020 academy and until a new list is established.

“The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) is currently accepting applications for the position of State Police Cadet until 11:59 pm on June 15, 2019. Online applications must be completed and accepted prior to the 11:59 pm deadline on June 15, 2019 to be considered for the 6013 selection cycle. *Applicants in the 6013 Cadet selection cycle will be processed for Cadet classes that begin no earlier than March 2020.* Applications received after 11:59 pm on June 15, 2019 will be held for consideration for the 6014 selection cycle.”

From www.pa.psp.gov

Processed meaning, both tests, BI complete and conditional offer of employment?

Comment

Correct, it means that everything you do throughout the hiring process will be completed for academy classes that are March 2020 or later on.

Comment

How long does it take to find out if you are eligible for the oral exam after taking the written exam?

Comment

• PA_Ed
            PA_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            Cycle 6012's written exam was August 6th-18th of 2018 and the Oral exam took place between September 28th-October 2nd of 2018.

Originally posted by Bolts1313 View Post
          How long does it take to find out if you are eligible for the oral exam after taking the written exam?
          Depends..... 6013 cycle is taking forever. That usually means that the rest will follow quick.

Comment

• $hrapnel
            $hrapnel commented
            Editing a comment
            I took my test around February and haven’t heard anything since.

• PA_Ed
            PA_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            "Results for the written examination will be emailed to applicants no later than August 30, 2019."

All the above information is wrong for Cycle 6013 in this chat.

From PSP website:

"The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) is currently accepting applications for the position of State Police Cadet until 11:59 pm on July 15, 2019. Online applications must be completed and accepted prior to 11:59 pm on July 15, 2019 to be considered for the 6013 selection cycle. Applicants in the 6013 Cadet selection cycle will be processed for Cadet classes that begin no earlier than March 2020. Applications received after 11:59 pm on July 15, 2019 will be held for consideration for the 6014 selection cycle.

PSP offers the written examination on a weekly basis at computer-based testing centers throughout Pennsylvania. Qualified applicants will be permitted to take the written examination once during the 6013 Cadet selection cycle. The last day to take the written examination for the 6013 cycle is July 26, 2019. (Due to server maintenance, applicants will not be able to submit an online application or schedule a written examination on June 14th, June 28th, or July 5th). Results for the written examination will be emailed to applicants no later than August 30, 2019."

Comment

If you are a veteran remember to apply your points by sending your verification. Simply clicking you are a vet during the initial app won’t do it.

Comment

• Stev123
              Stev123 commented
              Editing a comment
              What do the points count towards?

• KPC43
              KPC43 commented
              Editing a comment
              The points count toward your ranking after the oral and written score which are combined to determine your rank, the veterans points are a free 10 points that boost your rank on the eligibility list.

• Stev123
              Stev123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Can active still get said points? I would assume yes.
              Last edited by Stev123; 06-03-2019, 05:17 PM.

• Jaycl
              Jaycl commented
              Editing a comment
              Veteran’s Preference Points are for veterans not active duty. You have to have a copy of your DD-214 to submit to Human Resources to claim Vet Points. You would not have a DD-214 if you were still active duty.

Hello all,

Testing Friday in Philadelphia. I’m 30 years old, would turn 31 in the academy. I’m a Veteran and I have a Bachelors Degree. Good luck to all those involved.

Comment

• Bolts1313
              Bolts1313 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck!

Just received this email today. I was wondering about the scores, just like some of you and emailed them last week.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Insane how long this cycle is taking to finish the written exams!

Comment

• Stev123
                Stev123 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. Really eager to get the oral board started!

Has anyone here taking the NJSP exam ? Or any other exams?

Comment

Originally posted by X5dasicone View Post
                Has anyone here taking the NJSP exam ? Or any other exams?
                I missed out on NJSP. But on the other hand I'm not too bummed out. NJ is retarded. Especially with gun laws.

Comment

Current NYPD looking to jump ship to the trooper side. I’ve always wanted to move out to PA and this would be a great opportunity to do so.

What score do you need to achieve to be considered a highly qualified candidate? If PSP even does that? Do you just need to pass or do you need a ~120 like many county agencies in NY do?

I’m taking the test early July.
                  "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

• Jaycl
                    Jaycl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    First you have to score high enough on the written tests to be invited for the Oral Interview Board. PSP has a minimum score for the written test but they will not release that score. The applicant will not know what they score on the test. There is an average of 6,000-8,000 applicants per test cycle. You will have to place in the top 400 of the applicant pool to move on to the next step in the hiring process. There is no advantage for being a prior Police Officer for PSP. Veterans and Fallen Officer points are awarded for the eligibility list. PSP has become very selective when it comes to hiring since the polygraph was taken out of the process to attract more applicants.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3876 users online. 199 members and 3677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X