X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tua
    replied
    Originally posted by kirk9098 View Post
    I took the latest pt test (Friday) and on the following business day (Monday) a Polygrapher called to schedule my exam. I couldn't believe how quick that was. My date is set for mid June and it's local which is even better. I took the PT test in Greensburg and figured on the polygraph not being local as well.

Good luck buddy!

Leave a comment:

• kirk9098
    replied
    Polygraph

I took the latest pt test (Friday) and on the following business day (Monday) a Polygrapher called to schedule my exam. I couldn't believe how quick that was. My date is set for mid June and it's local which is even better. I took the PT test in Greensburg and figured on the polygraph not being local as well.

Leave a comment:

• STLPenn34
    replied
    Well, I guess its good I extended my tour in the military out for a year.

Leave a comment:

• tua
    replied
    Originally posted by STLPenn34 View Post
    The written was in January and they are not conducting oral interviews this time around for some reason. PSP aready sent out rankings for this cycle already. The Troopers that were at the PT test in Philly seemed pretty animate about people going to the October class from this cycle. If the process takes anywhere from 10 months to a year, that would put on about that track.
    Yeah and there adament about the Aug '06 testers going away in April/May/June and now HR is telling us October for sure. There is a 150 spots for october and about that many people left from the Aug '06 test date so If you are just getting the PT done I wouldn't hold my breath for October.

Leave a comment:

• STLPenn34
    replied
    The written was in January and they are not conducting oral interviews this time around for some reason. PSP aready sent out rankings for this cycle already. The Troopers that were at the PT test in Philly seemed pretty animate about people going to the October class from this cycle. If the process takes anywhere from 10 months to a year, that would put on about that track.

Leave a comment:

• LancNupe
    replied
    Hey guys, you have to be extremely patient in the process, just because there is a October class doesn't mean you will be in that class. I am gonna give you guys some dates. I took my written exam August 12, 2006, then received my oral examination on September 8th which had my oral interview on October 6. I then received my ranking on November 8, 2006. I ranked 159 out of 1659 on cadet eligibility list. PSP invited the top 600 to the physical agility test. My physical agility was scheduled for December 5, 2006. I had my polygraph on January 15, 2007. After polygraph was given, there were only 200 cadet recruits left on the eligibility list. March 1, 2007 my background investigation was initiated and was handed in on March 14, 2007. I called human resource and they told me my current ranking is 28 or 38 (I am not sure which one she said because I may have misunderstood her) and they have 20 spots available out of 60 for the academy in June which will be held at the Greensburg Academy. I have my medical and psychological evaluation on May 9,2007. So guys I am telling you all to be patient because this process is very lengthy. I was told by recruiters and many others that the process can take any where from 10 months to a year and half until you actually start the academy. So be patient guys!!!

Leave a comment:

• STLPenn34
    replied
    They told me, they'll contact you when the contact you, but I figure pretty soon because this is for the class in October.

Leave a comment:

• ajm8813
    replied
    Does anyone know when the class that just took the fitness test last week will be contacted to begin our polygraph test??

Leave a comment:

• Ytiunegni
    replied
    Thanks guys for your responses. They answered my questions.

It's important to know, just because it gives you an idea of when you'll be working/away from family. Although I said it's not real important because working 3-11 or 7-3 doesn't determine whether I'd be willing to work for PSP. It's just nice to know. =)

Leave a comment:

• tp2165
    replied
    Originally posted by Ytiunegni View Post
    Does anyone know what the shifts are for troopers? Do they run 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts? Anyone know how many days on/days off they get?

Not real important. Just didn't know if anyone on here knew.
    Yes this is very important information to know.
    Originally posted by MLPJLP View Post
    Only one weekend off a month. To get this you have to work ten days straight. This ten day stretch might go like this 3-11, 7-3, 3-11, 7-3, 7-3, 3-11, 7-3, 3-11, 7-3, 7-3, then four days off including the weekend. It is even better when you work a 3-11 into days off

Aside from the ten day stretch you usually work 7 or 8 days straight then get a whopping two days off to recover. They are masters at the "art of the double back", i.e. work 7-3 and then back in the same day at 2300 to start a string of midnighters.

Back in the day I used to have split days off until the union stepped up!
    Last edited by tp2165; 05-03-2007, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PaRoadDawg
    replied
    We run 8 hour shifts. It also varies from station to station how your schedule is set up. Some stations every other weekend off. Others every 3rd weekend off. Some stations have every 4th weekend off, some every 5th. It is unique to each barracks.

Leave a comment:

• Ytiunegni
    replied
    Does anyone know what the shifts are for troopers? Do they run 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts? Anyone know how many days on/days off they get?

Not real important. Just didn't know if anyone on here knew.

Leave a comment:

• tp2165
    replied
    Originally posted by spring40 View Post
    With a class that size, how does the PSP manage the training of the cadets? Are the cadets split into groups?
    Don't worry about how PSP manages; worry about staying in the training class and graduating.

Get to the academy and be surprised as it will add to your experiences.
    Last edited by tp2165; 04-29-2007, 08:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tua
    replied
    From what I have been told, the bigger the class size the more you get to go home on the weekends. I would assume that the cadets would be split into groups but I do not know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• spring40
    replied
    With a class that size, how does the PSP manage the training of the cadets? Are the cadets split into groups?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5343 users online. 312 members and 5031 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X