300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allentown

Anyone have any info on their dept? Looking to make a switch, anything appreciated. Thanks

Since no one has chimed in I'll tell you what little I can. Sorry can't tell you much about the department and how it's run; but I can tell you there's a hugh crime problem there. A-town is always on the news; drug busts, homicides, robberies, you name it. You'll definitely run.......dated a girl there for a year or so and always carried when we were in town. Good luck.

PS-don't know where you live but if your somewhat local see if you cable provider carries WFMZ (ch. 69). Should give you a feel for what's going on.....that's Allentown's local channel and they actually do a good presentation on their nightly news.

Comment

I dont know where you work now, but why the switch to Allentown? Like mentioned, its not a nice area.

Comment

See above , it’s all accurate , we run our asses off ...we need ppl right now , very short on manpower with mass retirements coming up .. Shoot me a Pm if you want , or ask on here - any questions I’m sure I can help you out
        "Oh, I hope that's not a hostage" - Dwayne T. Robinson

Comment

could anyone give insight into the process for allentown? background, is there a polygraph, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyNugz View Post
            could anyone give insight into the process for allentown? background, is there a polygraph, etc?
            whenever i read "is there a polygraph" I wince. I've been reading your posts and I gotta tell ya I don't think you have a good chance of getting hired.

I've said it here before and I'll say it again if you can't pass a poly, whether you are lying or not, you are not going to be a very good police officer.

Comment

My list number is 157 out of 225 what are the odds of getting called?

Comment

• Arevalos90
                Arevalos90 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m number 156. I hope we get a call soon

• Segurosky3410
                Segurosky3410 commented
                Editing a comment
                Arevalos90 i took that exam working midnight. I was told by a town cops and supervisors we have a great chance because last time they ran through the entire list.

Originally posted by Segurosky3410 View Post
              My list number is 157 out of 225 what are the odds of getting called?
              Yes. You would be surprised how many people either withdraw or fail out of the process.

Comment

• Segurosky3410
                Segurosky3410 commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh wow. Because I'm processing with other departments but I would want allentown bc its home.

Hoping being in the top 75 on Allentown’s list gets me an interview. I hear they are hiring 13 but not sure if that is accurate info.
              Last edited by Stanb1978; 02-03-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Segurosky3410
                Segurosky3410 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's accurate. I was told by human resources that last time they went through the whole list.

• Daniel19960
                Daniel19960 commented
                Editing a comment
                I ranked 72nd on the list, so far Allentown is the first and only department I applied to. I scored 93.3 on the written test without any preference points, any opinions on that being a good score or not? Hoping we get contacted for the winter academy this year. Good luck to everyone!

• Arevalos90
                Arevalos90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you gotten a call yet ?

• Segurosky3410
                Segurosky3410 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did u get call?

Thanks for the info

Comment

https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...51#post6740251

have you gotten a call yet?

Comment

• Segurosky3410
                  Segurosky3410 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your clutch with the information thank you. I read the new Allentown PD exam will be held in 2020 ill be deployed by then even though as a service member I'm protected on the list in case they call and I'm not around. If they got through the entire list the last two years they better with this exam lol

Nothing yet, from what I know they just hired 5 new officers which brings them to 209 of 222 budgeted for 2019. They said they plan on filling all positions budgeted by the end of the year. I would think they will start moving through the list soon. Best of Luck!

Comment

• Segurosky3410
                  Segurosky3410 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  **** they not getting to my list number 175

I went on a ride along with APD recently, got to talk to some officers between calls. From what I gathered they are still looking to hire 13 more officers by the end of the year, they are short on man power already with more retirement coming speratically the next couple of years. A Lt. I met said that they have gone through the whole list the past two cycles, although it might not be within the first year. They are also currently on number 27 of the hiring list of which they hired 8 new officers from. They were surprised they only went though that many in order to hire 8 and expect to most likely go through more canidates per hire as they get further into the list. Best of luck everyone!
                Last edited by Daniel19960; 03-30-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

They hired 8 already but still have 13 more positions to fill. They will most likely go through more canidates per hire as they get further along the list. (Failing the hiring process or some canidates that chose to move on or have already been hired elsewhere.) I was told it takes a while because when the departments detectives get busy the background investigations for hiring get put on hold.

Comment

• Arevalos90
                  Arevalos90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh ok, makes sense. I thought they had filled most of the open positions. Glad they haven’t, gives us more hope. Thanks for all the updates, you’ve been really helpful

Anyone have any update on the hiring list? I decided I’m attending the academy this coming January regardless of being hired or not, but would still be nice to become hired first.

Comment

• Segurosky3410
                  Segurosky3410 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's quiet. Contacting human resources and obtaining answers is trying to reach trump.

• Arevalos90
                  Arevalos90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Omg I can’t believe you haven’t been contacted yet. They are truly moving slowly. I decided to go through the academy but July 2020. It’s honestly frustrating, I’ve spoken with APD cops and they are always telling me how they are in need of more people.

• Daniel19960
                  Daniel19960 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It seems that the last bout of hiring they did was around this time since the officers they hired graduated the academy this past June. Hopefully they will start going through the list again soon. They have also had a busy summer, so I'm sure their detectives may be too busy at times to go through the background investigations for new hires. Either way I'm excited to be moving forward with the academy. I was also told if you sign up for the academy it may be beneficial, being that the academy will also have your info and you'll have to go through their testing as well. If you self sponsor and APD ends up hiring you even half way through the academy, they will reimburse you for the remainder of the academy as well as put you on salary.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3818 users online. 221 members and 3597 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X