Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACT 120 at IUP branch loactions?? Anyone?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACT 120 at IUP branch loactions?? Anyone?

Hello, I am waiting for IUP to offer there ACT 120 training in the Shippensburg area. Has anyone ever attended this training at SHIP? Anyone attended the training in PA on a part time basis? I am looking to become a police officer in my home town on a part time basis.

Where's your hometown? And when do you expect to be back there? I don't see Ship offering anything, anytime soon.

Here is their schedule http://www.iup.edu/crimjustice/Schedules/

Comment

I live in Greencastle, PA. I spoke with the administrator for the IUP program and he informed me that if there is enough interest for the SHIP program they will offer it. They are the only organization that offers a part time program with in 90 miles of my home. HACC is only full time and the next closes is Johnstown at 94 miles each way(this is do-able, but I work in Baltimore so I am 180 miles away each day).

Comment

IUP Part-Time!

I went through IUP's part-time acaddemy in Butler, PA.

I used to live in Butler so it was great for me. I worked full-time and the academy was Wednesday evenings 1800-2200, and Saturdays 0800-1700.

Not a bad deal if you need to work at teh same time, although they increased the number of hours for the academy, I am not sure what days and how long it runs now!

Any questions send me a message!

Comment

Anything I should know ahead of time? I am just shy of my BA in law and society from PSU, I am former Army, and I work full time for the government so I guess I have some experience just curious what it might be like as far as the course work goes.

BTW anyone reading this that wants to attend a part time class in the south central PA area let me know...

Comment

Why aren't you applying for PSP? Very good chance of getting stationed back in Franklin County. You'll also make a whole lot more money than any department in your area.

Comment

Various reasons.. I would do the PSP but with my wife, I have to make compromises. If you are married you know what I mean. Money is nothing to me but with my family they expect a certain lifestyle and me being in my career for over 10 years I make considerable more then even the PSP. I would need at a minimum 10-15 hours of OT weekly just to break even. If I could be guaranteed Franklin county that would help, but my wife has a 50/50 custody with her ex and cant chance moving and losing the kids.

What I am looking to do is attend the ACT 120 on a part time basis and then after speaking with my local PD they could take me on as part time. This allows me to do what I want, but continue to provide as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by army_running
                Various reasons.. I would do the PSP but with my wife, I have to make compromises. If you are married you know what I mean. Money is nothing to me but with my family they expect a certain lifestyle and me being in my career for over 10 years I make considerable more then even the PSP. I would need at a minimum 10-15 hours of OT weekly just to break even. If I could be guaranteed Franklin county that would help, but my wife has a 50/50 custody with her ex and cant chance moving and losing the kids.

What I am looking to do is attend the ACT 120 on a part time basis and then after speaking with my local PD they could take me on as part time. This allows me to do what I want, but continue to provide as expected.
                If you get your ACT 120, I would think long and hard about working for Greencastle PD. That department is a real mess right now and with all of the problems they are having, I think you'd be beginning your law enforcement career in the wrong place.
                Last edited by PAnarcagent; 11-27-2008, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I agree 100% with PAnarcagents assessment of the PD's in Franklin Co.

Comment

I have no commitment to Greencastle PD so I am open to any of the PD's mentioned. The money is not an issue since it is part time. It is more about opportunity then pay.

I am curious what people know about Greencastle. I see Ship has a residency requirement, is that true for part timers also?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6272 users online. 372 members and 5900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X