Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally, I believe this is a budgeting issue on their behalf. I know for a fact that the next PSP class starts February 2019 which evidently pushes back the dates in our email. Lets keep patient

Comment

• Ballin3
      Ballin3 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct. Letters for February class are already confirmed. This puts those of us in 6012 in an interesting spot. Without enough retirements/ money in budget it is very possible they push the June class back to towards the end of the year and only run one more in addition to the February class. Good news is that PSP keeps everything on file for 2 years so you won't have to restart the process and all of that.

• I also think they pushed back ranks 227-400 to give investigators more time and the holidays are right around the corner. This way they are not so crammed with backgrounds and their actually work. Our backgrounds did get pushed back but the medical, fitness test and physiological test are still "scheduled" for beginning-middle March like the original email stated. I was told the state has separate funding for the State Police but there is always that chance something could happen. In my opinion we are okay. There are mass amount of retirements and they are putting in class after class.

Comment

• Had anyone heard or know anything about those in the top 200 who have been contacted or finished their BI? Are we potentially going to be in the February class or is June more realistic?

Comment

• Winniedog121
        Winniedog121 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the 100’s and have already met with my BI and my references have received contact. Not sure what else to expect? Meeting with family? I thought the references were usually met with?

• You already finished D08C? I’m in the top 200 and haven’t even been contacted yet.

Comment

• D08C
        D08C commented
        Editing a comment
        My BI was very quick to contact me and get things rolling. He called all of my references and I had my meeting with him last week. I’m towards the end of the top 200. I was quite surprised honestly with how quick everything went for me

• Winniedog121
        Winniedog121 commented
        Editing a comment
        D08c, what did they say regarding to if they are meeting with family? Did they mention when you will receive word if they advance you on?

• D08C
        D08C commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my first time making it to the BI so I can only go off of how mine went. He said nothing about meeting with my family but did call all of my family. I would imagine it varies depending on who is doing it but mine did tell me about referring me but ultimately it sounds like the board has the final decision upon review of your BI and paperwork. However I’m in the same boat as everyone else as far as what’s next, timeline, etc. He did not mention when I will receive word but I believe our original email stated mid December.

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        D08C - that is an awesome accomplishment, congrats brotha

• Just got word from my BI that he’d be in contact in the next few days before sending it to troop headquarters and then potentially on to Harrisburg.

Comment

• I just met with mine on Monday took about a couple of hours, I got finger printed and then went over the packet just to make sure everything was correct. Then he's going to send it to Harrisburg. I actually emailed the PSP Cadet Processing to ask them how long it takes to hear back and they told me they will have screening panel the week of December 10th-14th and if your packet is in by then, you should hear back the following week if you pass.

Comment

• ZC71789
          ZC71789 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am like on pins and needles now just to find out what happens, this is going to be a long 4 weeks

• Mustang47
          Mustang47 commented
          Editing a comment
          At least you don’t have to wait until January to get your background done lol

• Just received this email, subject "Pennsylvania State Police - Cadet Application Cycle Extended"

The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) is in receipt of your application for the position of Cadet. The application cycle was expected to close at the end of the calendar year, but has been extended and is now projected to close on June 30, 2019. The Department anticipates that the written examination for State Police Cadet will be available at State Civil Service Commission locations in early 2019.

As a reminder, applicants must be at least 20 years of age on or before the date the application is completed. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and cannot have reached their 40th birthday prior to or on the date of appointment as a State Police Cadet. Applicants in the 6013 Cadet selection cycle will be processed for Cadet classes that begin no earlier than March 2020.

Information regarding Cadet testing and processing is subject to change. Candidates are encouraged to periodically review the Department's web site for the most current information: https://www.psp.pa.gov/employment/Pa...uncements.aspx.

Questions may be referred to the Specialized PSP Placement Section at ra-entrylevelexam@pa.gov.

Comment

• Thinblue91
          Thinblue91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if that means a) they’re pushing back our process more than expected or b)they’re going to be pulling more applicants from our cycle
          Last edited by Thinblue91; 11-21-2018, 12:58 PM.

• Space Ranger
          Space Ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got the email as well. Seems like this is good for those of us who scored just outside of 400 because it looks like they will pull an extra class or 2 from 6012.

• Seems like everything is going pretty fast for the first 226. But I’m guessing it will go fast for ranks 227-400 when January comes around.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the fitness test takes place now since the polygraph is gone? New to this process and can't wait to get it going

Comment

• Corncob
            Corncob commented
            Editing a comment
            It probably depends on your ranking at this point. My email says 3/4/18-3/8/18.

• ZC71789
            ZC71789 commented
            Editing a comment
            The one I got in October said January 7th through the 10th. That's always subject to change. I know the screening panel in Harrisburg is supposed to take place December 10th through the 14th and if your packet is into them before then, you will find out the following week if you passed your background.

As far as PRT goes, it's always subject to change I guess. Especially now with Christmas and stuff coming up.

• Does anyone have any idea of when the will start processing for the second half of the ranks? This is my first time in the PSP process I am mid 300's and it originally said early to mid November. Could anyone provide an explanation? Also, being in the mid 300's should I apply for the next class just in case they don't reach me?
          Last edited by Steelers101; 11-27-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Corncob
            Corncob commented
            Editing a comment
            I can’t comment on the timeline, but you should always reapply if you’re that serious about it.

• I am officially done with my background. Had my final background interview on Sunday. The Trooper is recommending me to the panel on Thursday. He said I should be getting a letter sooner after that inviting me for the PT test. He gave me no information on when it would be and nor the academy date. My recruitment trooper said that I should go around June but for some reason I think it will be sooner than that just because how fast my process is going. I ranked 167 and just the way the investigator was speaking with me I know it will be soon.. so anxious to know more about it.

Comment

• Winniedog121
            Winniedog121 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m ranked at 14* and have been told to prepare for the June academy. From what my recruiter told me, it all depends on how many open positions are available and if you are male/female.

• Got it. That’s good news.. plenty of time to train and even study PA traffic codes. My recruiter told me because I am female + the score, I would definitely go for the first class, which I automatically assumed February but June sounds good to me!! Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Winniedog121
            Winniedog121 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey same here! We’re in basically the same boat! But yes, being female and having scores like we do, basically from the way the recruiter talked to me it is strictly dependent upon how many other females are ranked ahead of us in our current class that would be selected. So if there are 10 spots open for females and only 6 females ahead of us, we’d have a decent shot of going in February. But from what I heard the 6011 class did their PT test last week.

• Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, wanted to bump the thread

I am ranked 3** for this cycle, I have not been contacted to begin my background investigation - has anyone with a rank between 200 and 400 been contacted/begun their process?

I am eager to get it started

Edit: I am aware we were instructed to be patient until January 19' but sometimes things move faster than expected

Ed

Comment

• blf25
            blf25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same boat as you.. I'm 3** as well and was also told January.

• Corncob
            Corncob commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, ranked 21*, and already completed my background with full recommendation.

• Anyone hear when we are to be notified if we advance on to the final step? I know the screenings from the panel last until tomorrow.

Comment

• NConti
            NConti commented
            Editing a comment
            I was wondering the same thing. I am hoping we will hear something next week.

• Has anyone heard any results from the background check?

Comment

• PA_Ed
            PA_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not, I am waiting mine however if you read the comments above on this page #9 you will find your answer

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12427 users online. 480 members and 11947 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X