Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you go to www.patrooper.com you can download the forms there that you will need

Comment

• Space Ranger
      Space Ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh found it. Thanks.

How many of us here are taking the oral for the first time or are most people here taking them for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time? Just wondering

Comment

Took mine today at 12:50 in Harrisburg. Good luck to everyone in the process. Hopefully we all get some good news back. When we get our ranking, around what number should we feel comfortable in continuing the process?

Comment

• Theout
      Theout commented
      Editing a comment
      If you fall into first 400 you are good .
      Anything after means - reapply. It seems that last few cycles been that way - cycles before processed up to 1000 or more.
      Also the written exams are more frequent now - so stuff might change.

This is my second time through. Last time they took the top 400. I took my oral on Friday and the recruiter said they are taking the top 400 again.

Comment

• Kumar817
      Kumar817 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know how many applicants they have? Or how many make it to the list of rankings

• Mustang47
      Mustang47 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe 2205 were invited to the oral. Not all of those that received the invitation to the oral will take it. Those who take the oral will be ranked with a combine score of the written and oral.

• Kumar817
      Kumar817 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, good to know. The most recent 152nd class graduated 95 troopers.

Took mine today @ King of Prussia - went very well, a few similar questions from last year

Comment

Did mine on Saturday in Monroeville, was m second time doing it and I think it well, hopefully it's good enough to get in the top 400. I tried to answer everything the best I could and made an attempt to follow the values of PSP in m responses. I tried to be more detailed this time, than I was last time. Don't know if will help, but hopefully it does

Comment

Took mine in King of Prussia over the weekend. It went very well. Hoping to get through this time.

Comment

Took mine today! Got some feedback from the guys that prompted the test. Hopefully all goes well, felt good!

Comment

• PSPJ
            PSPJ commented
            Editing a comment
            I find that interesting they gave you feedback. I asked for feedback the last two times and they refused saying they were not permitted to give any feedback.

Took the oral for the first time on sunday! Got a couple questions, How common is it for them to counter your answer during the oral? And also I will not be claiming any verteran points, are they a significant factor on the ranking?
          Last edited by Youssef93; 10-03-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Youssef93
            Youssef93 commented
            Editing a comment
            @heavymedic They did during the oral for one scenario question, so I wanted to know if thats common

• ZC71789
            ZC71789 commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess it just depends on who your evaluators are. The ones I had just asked if that was my final answer and I said yes and we moved on. I saw them writing a bunch of notes while I was talking, so I don't know if that's good or bad. We shall see. This was my second time doing this, so I tried to be more detailed in my response and took almost the entire 25 minutes to do the exam.

• Youssef93
            Youssef93 commented
            Editing a comment
            I noticed they took a lot of notes as well, hopefully its a good sign. Good luck to all you guys

• Ballin3
            Ballin3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Typically they just say “Does that complete your answer for number ______”. This is what it sounds like you experienced

Ballin3 no they questioned my response to a question by saying “so you’re telling me you would really do ......”
          Last edited by Youssef93; 10-03-2018, 05:17 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

So the email said we should have our ranking by the 24th, but the recruiter the day of my oral said we should hear in about 2 weeks. Does anyone have a more concrete timeframe yet? Just curious.

Comment

I forgot where I read this, but it said by the 24th we get our rank and by Nov 2nd, everyone that's moving on, will get an email with the next step. So if you dont get any email by the 2nd, it's time to get into cycle 6013.

Comment

• nosoup49
                nosoup49 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah that was all in the email. Just heard some contradicting info from some good sources. I was curious if anyone here had heard anything themselves.

We should hear our ranking in a week, good luck everyone!

Comment

JUST GOT MY RANKING. Just missed the cut off and I'm in mid 400s. Any possibility ?

Comment

• SaltySoldier
                  SaltySoldier commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very good possibility. 1st class from 6011 hit ranking 300 to fill

• Space Ranger
                  Space Ranger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's good to know. Was looking at past forums and saw the same. Still taking the next exam but being 4** for my first time through with no veterans points makes me pretty confident.
                  Last edited by Space Ranger; 01-02-2019, 01:07 PM.

I am ecstatic, I made the top 400!!!

I am surprised they released the info so quickly, their original timeline was:

10/03/2018 through 10/23/2018 oral examination is scored and rankings determined,
                10/24/2018 rankings announced to applicants
                Last edited by PA_Ed; 10-17-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9219 users online. 372 members and 8847 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X