Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is everyone sending their medical history forms? Via email or to the Harrisburg address by mail ?

Comment

• Trk9799
      Trk9799 commented
      Editing a comment
      I sent what I have done so far through the mail. I still have to get my vision exam and dental exam done. I will be sending them through the mail as well.
      I also am making a hard copy, as well as scanning a copy to my computer for my records and to carry out on the test date.

• Space Ranger
      Space Ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I had every doctor fax over the required for to the phone number provided on the packet. I also made a copy of each form and will be bringing them by hand.

• Appointment letters went out today for cycle 6012 applicants for the June 3rd class FYI

Comment

• My rank is upper 500s in cycle 6012 and just got an email stating they're starting my background. Estimated dates for academy classes are 09/23/19 and 01/06/2020. I'm realistically hoping for the January class considering I just got started on background.

Comment

• Mjg1901
        Mjg1901 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey saw we’re all in the same boat as far as currently being in the BI stage. Has anyone heard anything recently from their investigators? Last I heard was from my references advising they were contacted, but haven’t heard back from my investigator yet?

• Biffjetson
        Biffjetson commented
        Editing a comment
        Mjg1901 Yup same here. Heard my investigator has contacted references, but haven’t heard anything personally. They have 3 more weeks to turn everything in from what my initial email said.

• Raven_2354
        Raven_2354 commented
        Editing a comment
        Biffjetson nothing yet on my BI or updated timeline. Thanks for the updated info

• Biffjetson
        Biffjetson commented
        Editing a comment
        Raven_2354 It's my understanding that the paperwork is supposed to be in today (I hear they always grant extensions if needed), and that we would hear back if we are moving on by June 21 so that we have time to make appointments for the medical stuff. My BI handed my stuff in and said I was being recommended, so I'm hopeful! No news is definitely good news though. I was only contacted when something was needed. Good luck!

• For those of you who ranked well enough to have their BI's done......any suggestions outside of the study guide prep for the written test? Found anything online? any type practice exams help? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Biffjetson
        Biffjetson commented
        Editing a comment
        Be thorough, consistent, and decisive in every single section.

• If anyone would like to join the group me. PM me.

Comment

• Who else got a call that they needed to set up an appointment with a psychologist?

Comment

• Has anyone received the e-mail stating they passed the psych & medical exams?
          NYPD Exam #1309
          List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Just received an email over the weekend with the PT/Medical/Psychological packet and an updated timeline. It says that the PRT day will be during the week of July 8th sometime, and that when we should be told at that time which class we are processing for. Still waiting to finish the BI portion, and the email says not to send in anything until we receive notfication that we have passed, but the email also said we should know by June 21 if we have passed or not.

Comment

• Just a heads up for those waiting...I received an email letting me know I have passed my background check. It said the PRT/medical screening/psych screening will be on July 10th, and all processing paperwork needs to be submitted by next Friday.

Comment

• Anyone heading to the September academy? When do we receive the packet on what we need to order for the Academy?
                NYPD Exam #1309

Comment

• Med4
                  Med4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you get your appointment letter yet or do you just assume you’re going to the September academy? You should receive it around the same time as appointment.

• I received an email stating I have moved on to the BI stage for the 6012 cycle and that dates for the academy are January 6th and one in May. I have turned in my packet to my BI and am waiting to hear more. What can I expect at this point? It says they have until September 9th to complete the background and physical requirements are in October. Am I looking at a January academy possibly with this timeline?

Comment

• Biffjetson
                  Biffjetson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PSP12 I’m assuming everybody’s background experience is a little different, but my investigator didn’t contact me for about a month after I turned in my materials, but worked very quickly once getting started. Asked a lot of personal questions. Unless you have anything really bad in your past you’ll be fine. Received an email the same week the screen panel was meeting to review investigations, so if your investigator recommends you you should be good. The PRT test is extremely easy. I guess some people struggle, but if you’re in half decent shape you’ll be fine there too. That same day after PRT you do the psych test and meet with a doctor to go over medical forms you’ll be asked to submit after completing the background. You’ll most likely be going in May, but there’s a chance you could be going in January. They go by ranking and who has nothing pending. So if there’s any chance of you going in January it will also depend on getting everything finished up as quickly as possible. But I’d plan on May.

• PSP12
                  PSP12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, I wasn't sure what to expect. I don't have anything that should be flagged or anything that would hold me up. I have a couple of friends in and I've been told by some that January is more realistic, and some have said May. I guess it just depends who's ahead of me at this point. I'm not worried about the testing, I keep myself in shape and am in the gym 5-6 days a week. By pending you mean if there is something significant enough to DQ me? There isn't, but just want to verify that. I appreciate your reply!

• Biffjetson
                  Biffjetson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PSP12 So I just finished up the PRT last week and HR told us that the odds we would go in September were very slim, and that we would probably be going in January. But they also said appointment letters for the September class were going out the end of this month, and January letters should be out by the end of November. So you could absolutely be processing for January as well.. I'd be prepared for either. By pending I mean medical forms. After the background you'll be asked to see an audiologist, doctor, eye doctor and dentist to have them sign off on forms. Nothing crazy, but you get a very short window to complete them and turn them in. There were people last week with missing forms, so they would be skipped over when letters went out until they turned everything in. It sounds like you'll be fine getting through. You know what to expect from this point forward, so the worst part will be waiting.
                  Last edited by Biffjetson; 07-16-2019, 09:06 AM.

• PSP12
                  PSP12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So basically as of now, my best bet is to be prepared to have those exams scheduled asap, and do what I can to get everything in as quickly as possible. At this point I'll just continue to check in here and see if anyone else has updates on the progress. Thanks again!

• No appointment letter, but at orientation they said they would be sending them July 31. Was just wondering if that was still a good timeline.
                NYPD Exam #1309

Comment

• Med4
                  Med4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It appears that it is a pretty decent timeline based on what I've been told and read in this forum. These other guys that are in the low 500s were allegedly told possibly September for an academy. I completed my prt the same timeframe as you and was told end of July for appointment and September for the academy. Seems PSP is sticking to their timeline this year give or take a week. I was told my BI in the spring I'd for sure see the academy before 2020 but who knows. Been going through random spurts of checking my email and this forum like a kid waiting for Christmas over the past month lol.

• Biffjetson
                  Biffjetson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Med4 I'm low 500's and just completed my PRT. HR told us that there is a very slim possibility of September for some of us, but that January is more likely. We were told to email them after receiving the results of our psych and they could give us a better idea at that time.

• Is there anyone that had PRT in July and had to do a 1 on 1 eval with a psychologist?

Comment

• Does anyone have a GROUPME chat going for potential January class cadets? I’m looking to join if possible.

Comment

• PSP12
                    PSP12 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd also like to be added for the potential January class if possible.

• Biffjetson
                    Biffjetson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know of one but would def be interested if there was one

• dust22
                    dust22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ll start one if you guys want to PM me your full name or phone number so I can add you

• You're invited to my new group 'PSP 6012 (January)' on GroupMe. Click here to join: https://groupme.com/join_group/52139691/ZB2YNzPe

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9250 users online. 440 members and 8810 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X