Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished by background investigation with my Trooper, said he's going to pass my packet along to the screening panel. He said I should hear something either way. Did anyone else hear anything similar? The e-mail I received from cadet processing says the panel convenes from March 4-8, so will we be in the dark until after that week?
    NYPD Exam #1309
    List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Space Ranger
      Space Ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you nervious you won't get approved? Did your BI say anything in regards to how "good" or "bad" you did?

• Winniedog121
      Winniedog121 commented
      Editing a comment
      My investigator never once said if my investigation was “good” or “bad”. Just simply said he turned in all of the paperwork. Don’t stress. As long as you have nothing major in your background you will be fine.

• Corncob
      Corncob commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine actually emailed me and told me to call him, of course I’m worried at this point. I called him and he told me he passed all my paperwork on with his full recommendation.

• JCPD2246
      JCPD2246 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I met to go over the background packet, he said my packet was pretty good, just went over some old financial accounts that were closed a long time ago, then took my finger prints. Then we just small talked about on the job stuff and the academy. So I have a pretty good feeling about getting through the panel.

• For those waiting on psych eval results, any new updates?

Comment

• Emails went out for those remaining in cycle 6011 and high enough ranked candidates in 6012 that passed psych and and physical to be processed for the June Class.

Comment

• Space Ranger
        Space Ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. Wonder how far into 6012 they got.

• Steel847
        Steel847 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm that sucks. Was hoping for the June class and didn’t hear anything back yet. Ranked in the 150’s.

• D08C
        D08C commented
        Editing a comment
        An email went out to those who finished the PRT/Psych eval to confirm they passed? At the PRT they made it pretty clear we were there for the June class, so just curious.
        Last edited by D08C; 02-04-2019, 05:57 PM.

• Space Ranger
        Space Ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing this means that for people like myself who are in the mid 400s but are in the BI stage won't be considered until the class after September.

• From what we garnered in the group, left overs from cycle 6011 get the spots then the top ranked candidates in 6012. We deduced this because some memebers of 6012 got an email and some didn’t. The only conclusion we had was it was based on rank. Since the classes are filled in rank order, the remains of cycle 6011 and the top of 6012 were those who got emails stating they passed psych and PRT (should have know that the day of PRT) and moving forward for processing into the June class.
      Last edited by ProspectPSP; 02-04-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know how many people from the 6011 cycle will be in the June class? And how many from the 6012? I didn’t think there would be any from 6011.

Comment

• ProspectPSP
          ProspectPSP commented
          Editing a comment
          The last grouping of candidates with 6011 are in June and then moving into 6012 candidates

• Mustang47
          Mustang47 commented
          Editing a comment
          But do you know how many from cycle 6011?

• Just a reminder to everyone following this 6012 cycle, we have created a GroupMe chat. If you want in just private message me your name, email and phone number. You’ll be added. Good Luck everyone!

Comment

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in the midst of my BI being conducted, who can join your 6012 cycle GroupMe?

• How many people in here (6012) have received an email that they passed the PRT/psych eval/physical and are starting in June? I have nothing pending, ranked in the 20's and I have heard nothing.

Comment

• Winniedog121
          Winniedog121 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey! Join our groupme group! We’ve been having discussions regarding it. It’s basically being randomly gone through for confirmation from what we’ve heard. Also if you have any outlying medical or psychological tests you will not hear anything until all is finalized.

• Steel847
          Steel847 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received an email stating I passed psych and physical and I’m approved for appointment. It said appointment letters for June class will be out in mid April.

• I’m awaiting appointment letter mid April for the June class can I get a groupme inv please pm me for my info.

Comment

• Never mind I got it

Comment

• Hey guys anyone heard anything about when class is supposed to start for 6012. I heard that there is no more classes until 2020?? Any truth to this ?

Comment

• Corncob
              Corncob commented
              Editing a comment
              June 03 and September

• Segurosky3410
              Segurosky3410 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's correct

• Any one still waiting for their background to be completed ?

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              I am, have not heard from my BI...going off the notion "no news is good news"
              With the exception of possibly one, everyone has been contacted

• How do I get an invite to the GroupMe?

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              PM me your email/phone number

• The email said the background investigation committee would convey March 4th-8th. Has anyone heard back yet or is everyone still waiting?

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Still waiting, I do not anticipate anything until Friday 3/15 or Monday 3/18

• Anyone hear anything back from the background panel? Do we hear either way pass or fail?
            NYPD Exam #1309
            List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Steelers101
              Steelers101 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was hoping we would hear back either Friday or today. I have been checking my email nonstop. My assumption would be you would hear from the background panel regardless as that has been the procedure thus far. Good luck!

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              Removed thank you
              Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-22-2019, 12:04 PM.

• Trk9799
              Trk9799 commented
              Editing a comment
              I received an email around noon yesterday (3/20) stating that I have completed the BI. I was given my test date and the packet I need to fill out as soon as possible.

• Question for anyone who has completed their PRT forms. For the audiology screening, I had my physician conduct it, but she is not an audiologist. She signed off on the form, but do you think it will be accepted? I have never been to an audiologist, in fact I had never heard of them before this, but based off anyone else's dealings do you think I should try to find one and schedule an appointment, or do you think I'm okay with what the doctor signed off on?
            thanks!

Comment

• Trk9799
              Trk9799 commented
              Editing a comment
              Space ranger thanks for the reply. My physician conducted it in a hearing booth and said it is exactly what they are looking for on the audiology form. But just to be safe, I'll try to find an audiologist and set an appointment. Just out of curiosity, how much did the audiology screening cost?

• Space Ranger
              Space Ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              It cost me $40 copay. Rest was covered under insurance. If your doctor said it was okay try emailing HR and see what they say and if they will accept it. Also of you want join our group me.

• Trk9799
              Trk9799 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think just to be safe I am going to try and call and schedule an appointment with one tomorrow. I don't see why it would be an issue, as the doctor signed off on it and said its the same test, but I understand the need for it to be done by the proper person per say. Thanks again for the reply! Just out of curiosity, how quick was your audiologist able to get you in and did you need a referral?

• Space Ranger
              Space Ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              I got an appointment in a day. Didn't need a referral.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8844 users online. 354 members and 8490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X