Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many days are background investigators given to complete your background and hand it in; 30?

Comment

• Harleyriders
      Harleyriders commented
      Editing a comment
      Started mine Jan 11. He said he has to the end of February to hand it in and complete it.

• Space Ranger
      Space Ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      So we still have a month and a half. I was getting a little nervous because I was contacted on the 7th and sent my BI everything that day. He said we need to have a formal interview eventually but that was the 8th and I haven't heard anything since. No one from my packets has been contacted either.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Space Ranger - I am in the same boat as you brotha

• I had my background investigation today. It went very well. The investigator told me that they would be in contact if they had any questions for me. Does anyone know if they have the PRT with large groups of people at the time that was given to us(April 17th) or if that was just an estimated time? Good luck to anyone in the background investigation portion.

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! That is awesome news - yes, the PRT is with a large group of applicants from the same cycle.
      Your BI is moving well, I was contacted 1/8 to begin my BI process and have not heard anything yet...I am praying my BI is working behind the scenes and not telling me anything because its been 12 days without contact....

• I see today is the cadet life tour for the 156th. Hopefully things will start picking up for the 157th!!

Comment

• Anyone hear back from HR regarding further psych evaluation? The nice lady from HR said they would be sending out emails late last week or early this week if we needed any more attention.

Comment

• NConti
        NConti commented
        Editing a comment
        I have heard nothing...

• Who can I call/email in regards to questions about a stress test? Any HR number that gets me directly to the person would be appreciated.

Comment

• Last contact with my BI was 15 days ago. No one in my packet has been contacted yet. Sure it's nothing to worry about as they have till the end of February but still anxious. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• Space Ranger
          Space Ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting! Need to check that out.

• Mustang47
          Mustang47 commented
          Editing a comment
          My background investigator has been contacting people on my reference list already. He has been pretty busy with it.

• Steelers101
          Steelers101 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had my formal interview last Friday and they have contacted all my references. I believe each investigator is working at different places depending on work load. I’m sure that your investigation will pick up soon, best of luck.

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          I was contacted by my BI on 1/8 and since then I have not received any update or had contact with him, should I be concerned? Sent him an email and left a voicemail - any guidance in welcomed

• Any Philadelphia area applicants looking to work on these PRT practice exercise together?

Comment

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          PM'd you - good idear

• Thinblue91
          Thinblue91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sent you a message

• Corncob
          Corncob commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep an eye out, the recruiters throughout the state sometimes have practice PRT’s. I did one at Baldwin High School last hear. Very helpful.

• Has anyone needed corrective eye surgery? They’ll still process for the most current class correct? My surgery was done yesterday and I’m outside that 6 month window the State Police has. I just want to make sure I heard correctly. A lot of conflicting information from HR.

Comment

• Thinblue91
          Thinblue91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to get mine done as well. As long as it is completed 6 months prior to the 13th week, you’ll be fine. Unless you might need an immediate enhancement like I might. How was it?

• ProspectPSP
          ProspectPSP commented
          Editing a comment
          I can see 20/20 and soon 20/15 day after. I got LASIK vs PRK due to the healing time. If i had more time I’d have done PRK but otherwise, i saw better 6 hours after sleeping post surgery. Having the doctor sign my corrective surgery form Monday and faxing it. I just don’t want to not be processed for June when I’m well outside the 6 month window they have for training. Where are you located? Do you have a procedure scheduled? Have to be done by Feb 26th or so I believe to beat the August OC training. If you need a place, let me know and I can tell you where I went.

• I can see 20/20 and soon 20/15 day after. I got LASIK vs PRK due to the healing time. If i had more time I’d have done PRK but otherwise, i saw better 6 hours after sleeping post surgery. Having the doctor sign my corrective surgery form Monday and faxing it. I just don’t want to not be processed for June when I’m well outside the 6 month window they have for training. Where are you located? Do you have a procedure scheduled? Have to be done by Feb 26th or so I believe to beat the August OC training. If you need a place, let me know and I can tell you where I went.

Comment

• I can see 20/20 and soon 20/15 day after. I got LASIK vs PRO due to the healing time. If i had more time I’d have done PRK but otherwise, i saw batter 6 hours after sleeping post surgery. Having the doctor sign my corrective surgery form Monday and faxing it. I just don’t want to not be processed for June when I’m well outside the 6 month window they have for training. Where are you located? Do you have a procedure scheduled? Have to be done by Feb 26th or so I believe to beat the August OC training. If you need a place, let me know and I can tell you where I went.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything from HR regarding their results from the Psych test or received an appointment letter email? I took my test 1/8/19. I havent heard anything yet.

Comment

• Steel847
              Steel847 commented
              Editing a comment
              Went on 1/9 and the lady from HR said we would hear approximately 2 weeks after if we had any psych issues. She said it would take roughly 3-4 weeks to get the all clear for appointment email. I have heard nothing myself but no news is good news with PSP.

• Corncob
              Corncob commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here, 1/10 and nothing. Still patiently waiting.

• Not sure if anyone been doing any swim training but if you haven’t I highly recommend it. I consider myself a strong swimmer and was shocked. I swam laps, treaded water and was doing pushups in between for about 45 minutes total and was exhausted.

Comment

• I received an email from HR today stating I need a 1 on 1 with a psychiatrist. I live near Pittsburgh and was told to contact a 412 area code number. So hopefully I won’t have to drive back to Hershey

Comment

• CT86
                CT86 commented
                Editing a comment
                I did as well. I am also from the Pittsburgh area.

• Mustang47
                Mustang47 commented
                Editing a comment
                What area are you guys from? I also live near Pittsburgh.

• PA_Ed
                PA_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                What does it mean if you receive an email from HR instructing you to meet 1 on 1 with a psychiatrist ?

• Corncob
                Corncob commented
                Editing a comment
                Chances are it means you need further evaluation than just the psych test to pass this step. They’ll go over it more in depth and ask any questions they have regarding any questionable answers you marked during your original psych test. Just for clarification, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. They just want to know why you marked the answer that way or not.
                Last edited by Corncob; 01-30-2019, 01:50 PM.

• South Hills Area. You?

Comment

• I still haven't heard from a background investigator as of today, and upon reaching out to HR, they reassured me that one would be contacting me, yet I can't help but feel anxious as it's almost February. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm doing my best to sit tight, but I can't help but wonder what's going on. Ranked in the low 400's.

Comment

• ProspectPSP
                  ProspectPSP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey my friend, don’t worry about it. They are investigation unit troopers tasked with your background check ON TOP of their daily duties and workload. Pretty much a collateral billet. They may be doing their due diligence like pulling all your credit history, online sweeps, etc until they have all of that compiled. They’ll contact you, they are required to due to the needs of the department. I am in the top 20 and was in the same boat as you, worried because i hadn’t heard anything. Then one day, my girlfriend got a call and then the flood gates opened with everyone texting me they heard from the trooper. Hang in there, as you can tell, digging into the 400s...they need people. Congratulations on making it this fair, just making it is what’s important. Then little by little the path will become clearer. Good luck as well, hopefully we meet as Troopers one day. Take care.

• Space Ranger
                  Space Ranger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here, but thanks for calling the nerves ProspectPSP . Just out of curiosity what questions did they ask your gf and references?

• Winniedog121
                  Winniedog121 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When they questioned my gf for my BI they asked her about what she was studying in college, what our plans were for the weekend and how our relationship was. Very plain and simple.

• Space Ranger
                  Space Ranger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmmm odd questions. Maybe my bi wants to hang out with us on the weekends haha but interesting. People have been asking me what they are gonna be asked and I told them it will be basic stuff like that.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8698 users online. 347 members and 8351 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X