Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NConti
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

PA_ED, which comment are you referring too? My original email stated the PRT test would be the week of January 7th.
    Last edited by NConti; 12-18-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Winniedog121
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2018

I heard this morning at 9:20! I move on to the final step!

Comment

• NConti
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2018

Just got the email. I past the background and my PRT is scheduled for January 7th!

Comment

• Rdb0929
          Rdb0929 commented
          Editing a comment
          My BI was running a little behind I believe. If he didn’t get my packet to the final reviewers does anyone know if there is another date it would get looked at?
      • ZC71789
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2017

I have not heard anything either, so I am wondering if mine was reviewed or not? I have not received any letter in the mail yet either for DQ so, no news yet for me.

Comment

• Duke10_Bravo
          Duke10_Bravo commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you heard anything back yet? I’m in the same boat
      • PA_Ed
        Fight On!
        • Jan 2018

Redacted Comment
        Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-17-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• ZC71789
          ZC71789 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is disheartening. I am just waiting to see if mine is a go. People are already receiving emails, I haven't gotten anything as of yet. Wondering if mine was even reviewed last week. So far I have heard nothing and I met with my BI right before Thanksgiving.
      • Steel847
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2018

Ranked 15* and have not received an email or disqualification letter yet. No news is good news I suppose.

Comment

• Space Ranger
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

Just received an email that people ranked up to 477 are moving through! So ready to get started! Hope to see you all soon!

Comment

• Ballin3
            Ballin3 commented
            Editing a comment
            What time did email come through? Didn’t receive anything yet, are you able to post screenshot without giving any personal info?

• Thinblue91
            Thinblue91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you able to screen shot what said email looked like?

• Space Ranger
            Space Ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Posted below.
        • Space Ranger
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Space Ranger
            Space Ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            This is the important stuff in the email. The title read, "6012 Cadet Process UPDATE - Ranks 227 - 477"

• Ballin3
            Ballin3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank You!
        • Steel847
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2018

Just received my conditional offer! PRT Jan 9th.

Comment

• Carolineninha
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

Same here... received it yesterday (best Christmas gift ever!) and my PRT is scheduled for January 8th.

Comment

• PA_Ed
              Fight On!
              • Jan 2018

Redacted Comment
              Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-17-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• NConti
                NConti commented
                Editing a comment
                Space Ranger, mine is just outside of Harrisburg in Mechanicsburg.

• PA_Ed
                PA_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                Redacted Comment
                Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-17-2019, 09:08 PM.

• Steel847
                Steel847 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mechanicsburg as well for me. Harrisburg to Mechanicsburg is only roughly 30 minutes Space a ranger.

• Space Ranger
                Space Ranger commented
                Editing a comment
                That's not too bad. Definitely need to spend the night when I get to that point.
            • Winniedog121
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2018

What is anyone doing to prepare for the physical tests? I’ve been running the track and doing push ups. Any other tips?

Comment

• Carolineninha
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2018

Mechanicsburg at 0700... It will take me 2 hours to get there. Will definitely take food/snacks because we will probably stay there til past 1500.
                I am running outside daily, push ups daily as well as lifting and doing chest exercises. Being a female I find myself struggling past 18 push ups.
                I also measured 16" above me (arm extended) and screwed a tennis ball in my garage ceiling. I am touching it daily and also lifting/doing hamstrings exercises. Twice a week I run up a hill (1.25mi) and do abs.
                Anyone else doing anything extra? Any tips would help!!

Comment

• Winniedog121
                  Winniedog121 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It takes me a little over 2 as well. From central PA. I’ll be going down the night before and staying. I’ve been going to a local track and running, jumping to the ceiling and doing push ups as well. Try doing push ups while your feet are on a stability ball. It definitely works the core muscles more. Also, I will be setting up the Illinois agility in my basement to start with as well. I struggle with the running so that’s been my main focus. I just cannot keep a pace which sucks.
              • JCPD2246
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2011

Has anyone applied for the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance yet? What did you select for application purpose? Nothing mentions State Police investigations or anything related to it. Below are the choices.

Volunteer Having Contact with Children: Applying for the purpose of volunteering as an adult for an unpaid position as a volunteer with a child-care service, a school or a program, activity or service, as a person responsible for the child's welfare or having direct volunteer contact with children.
                Foster Parent: Applying for purposes of providing foster care.
                Prospective Adoptive Parent: Applying for the purpose of adoption.
                Employee of Child Care Services: Applying for the purposes of child-care services in the following: Child day-care centers; group day-care homes; family child-care homes; boarding homes for children; juvenile detention center services or other programs for delinquent or dependent children; mental health services for children; services for children with intellectual disabilities; early intervention services for children; drug and alcohol services for children; and day-care services or other programs that are offered by a school.
                School Employee Governed by Public School Code: Applying as a school employee who is required to obtain background checks pursuant to Section 111 of the Public School Code.
                School Employee Not Governed by Public School Code: Applying as a school employee not governed by Section 111 of the Public School Code.
                Self-employed provider of child-care services in a family child-care home: Applying for the purpose of providing child-care services in one's home (other than the child's own home) at any one time to four, five or six children who are not relatives of the caregiver.

Individual 14 years of age or older who is applying for or holding a paid position as an employee with a program, activity or service, as a person responsible for the child's welfare or having direct contact with children: Applying as an employee who is responsible for the child's welfare or having direct contact (providing care, supervision, guidance or control to children or having routine interaction with children) in any of the following in which children participate and which is sponsored by a school or a public or private organization:
                • A youth camp or program;
                • A recreational camp or program;
                • A sports or athletic program;
                • A community or social outreach program;
                • An enrichment or educational program; and
                • A troop, club or similar organization

Individual seeking to provide child-care services under contract with a child-care facility or program: Applying for the purpose of being able to provide child-care services as part of a contract or grant funded program.
                Individual 18 years or older who resides in the home of a prospective adoptive parent for at least 30 days in a calendar year.
                Individual 18 years or older who resides in the home of a foster parent for at least 30 days in a calendar year.
                Individual 18 years or older who resides in the home of a certified or licensed child-care provider for at least 30 days in a calendar year.

Individual 18 years or older, excluding individuals receiving services, who resides in one of the following homes for at least 30 days in a calendar year:
                • Family living home
                • Community home for individuals with an intellectual disability
                • Host home for children

PA Department of Human Services Employment and Training Program Participant: Applying for the purpose of participating in a PA Department of Human Service Employment and Training Program through a county assistance office (CAO) or the Office of Income Maintenance (OIM).
                NYPD Exam #1309
                List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Space Ranger
                  Space Ranger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In the email we got it says to fill out a clearance application. Did you go through the process and did you need one?

• Corncob
                  Corncob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmm, I know I have my clearance already done for something unrelated...maybe that’s why my email doesn’t say anything about it. I’m scheduled for PRT yes.

• Steel847
                  Steel847 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t remember doing this at all and I’m off to the PRT test. I did run a criminal background check and motor vehicle check on myself before I filled out the background packets.

• NConti
                  NConti commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I passed the background check and I never had to do this.
              • Duke10_Bravo
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2018

Has anyone else been notified on advancing to PRT?

Comment

• Duke10_Bravo
                  Duke10_Bravo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I seen that Winniedog121, Congrats. I noticed a couple others that seemed to be in the same position as me, I ranked 6*. I Was wondering if Rdb0929, and ZC71789 have heard anything. Not too sure if they could still be reviewing things or not. According to the email I received a while back with PRT starting next week, it is getting close.

• D08C
                  D08C commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Schedule for Monday. Ranked 18*

• Steel847
                  Steel847 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I called HR Duke a little over a week ago. They will be able to tell you if your packet was received and reviewed yet. Stay positive, no news is good news. I know it’s a torture waiting.

• Duke10_Bravo
                  Duke10_Bravo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is torture Steel847. Hoping by tomorrow I’ll hear something.. If not, maybe Friday I’ll give HR a call and see what’s going on..Thanks for the info.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11881 users online. 66 members and 11815 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...