Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a police officer please *PM ME*

Hi,

And, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for opening and taking the time to read my story.

I am writing because I am coming close to a trial where I was a victim of a brutal rape.

I was showing up for a shift at work((as a nurse)) and was jumped on top of a viciously raped by the father of the child whose advances I had shot down before on a few occasions.

I am am absolutely terrified to face him in court. But, he has raped in his past and sexually assaulted a different nurse( which I didn't know until after my rape.)

But, my question is is he refuses to take a plea deal since they were offering him a ten year please no less than serving 7 years he refused and wants to take his chances with a jury. So this trial is going September 11th 2017...

I received a PFA since in PA they changed the law. You used to only be able to get a pfa if it was family, a husband, boyfriend or intimate lover. They never had a pfa specifically for rape victims of "strangers" per say until 2016.

Since its a jury trial I do have a chance of losing. If I lose is my pfa still good. It isn't null and void correct? I have a 3 year pfa jan 18 2016-jan 18 2019. I'm terrified of him.

thanks!

Have you talked to the DAs office? Do they have a victim advocate?

Comment

I do have a witness victim advocate. I'll have to ask her next time we speak. I just thought of it today and have myself all worked up.

Comment

I'm NOT a cop, so take this for what it's worth...

Your best resource is your victim advocate, but as far as I know the PFA stays in place regardless of the outcome of the criminal trial. You already would have had a hearing in court where a judge found cause to grant the three-year order (the maximum time initially in PA). His criminal trial has nothing to do with that. As the victim you also don't "lose" a criminal trial since you're just a witness, not a party. The prosecution/commonwealth of PA would be the ones "losing" if he were acquitted.

Make sure you speak to your victim advocate about renewing the PFA before the three years are up.

PS: If your avatar is your own picture and if the birthdate in your profile is real, I suggest changing both.
        Edited to add: You can't change your birthdate, but you can go to settings and select to hide it.
        Last edited by kuriouskat; 07-22-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Aj9198
          Aj9198 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I understand about "losing" it's more just wanting justice to be served as he's assaulted and raped several women. Knowing my fate lies in 12 strangers hands and this all being new to me( process of courts) it's very nerve racking and scary. And my case has switched 3 DAs in a year and a half. They promise they're confident and ready I'm just so afraid to be humiliated.

No my birthdate isn't real.

Internet cops can't help you. You have no way of knowing if we are legit...or predators. Talk to your advocate. That's why you have their number.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Ok, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Aj9198 View Post
            I do have a witness victim advocate. I'll have to ask her next time we speak. I just thought of it today and have myself all worked up.
            Don't wait to speak to the advocate

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Internet cops can't help you. You have no way of knowing if we are legit...or predators. Talk to your advocate. That's why you have their number.
            CALL NOW
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

First off, what county are you? A PFA won't be dropped at the end of a trial
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

This is WHY she needs to talk to her advocate. She is spinning off bad information and rumor. Advocates are available 24 hours a day and will guide them and provide truthful facts.

We can't help her.

Comment

• Aj9198
                  Aj9198 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Honestly, I'd appreciate if you just stopped talking to me please. Idk what you're even saying I'm spinning info and starting rumors??? Goodbye

• foodnerd
                  foodnerd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  3C didn't accuse you of spinning info and rumors; you typed that you're (understandably) scared, terrified, nerve-wracked, and have yourself all worked up.
                  He and Iowa each have several decades of experience on which to base their advice that you're worked up, i.e.; spinning in circles, over wrong information. He is telling you to consult your advocate, who also should know the law in your state and be able to assure you to your satisfaction that your three-year protective order will not automatically cancel should this feces stain somehow be acquitted.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I just thought of it and asked. It's the weekend so courthouse is closed, and when I've called before sometime it takes 2-4 weeks to even hear back from them. So sorry

Comment

Then just wait and stop worrying. Call the witness coordinator and advocate and leave a message now.

There is no need to apologize to us. You asked, we are limited in our ability to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Aj9198 View Post
                    Ok, I'm sorry
                    Don't be sorry. It's not that people here don't want to help you...there just really isn't much anybody can do over the internet.

If your victim advocate is available on the weekend, give her a call asap. If not, call her first thing Monday morning. Don't feel like you're a "burden". It's her job...and likely one that she would not have chosen if she didn't have a genuine interest in helping people.

If you are in counseling, call your counselor as well. If not, you might want to seek counseling. Your victim advocate should have provided you with referrals.

If you cannot reach anyone on the weekend you can call a crisis hotline. That's still anonymous...but unlike here, people are trained and screened.

All the best to you! I know you have a tough road ahead of you...

Comment

Some people on here ARE trained. We have the training to know what can and can't be done. Don't make assumptions kat.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                        Some people on here ARE trained. We have the training to know what can and can't be done. Don't make assumptions kat.
                        I didn't mean to step on anybody's toes. I meant that _everybody_ answering a crisis hotline is screened and trained for that particular purpose...whereas here she has no idea whom she is talking to or what their qualifications or intentions are. You yourself made the valid point about online predators.

Comment

When you received your PFA you should have been given the address of a safe house in your county as well as instructions to bring a copy (you should have been given 3 copies) to the police district/precinct/station in which you live. Have you done that? When a call comes from your address for anything the responding officer(s) will be notified there is a PFA in force and who it is against. They will also know if you have firearms in your house, which you might want to consider if you fear retaliation. Or at least a loud dog or a lighting system outside your house. And ALWAYS carry a copy of your PFA with you.

And yes I am a former Police Officer who had multiple PFAs against my ex-spouse.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4533 users online. 308 members and 4225 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X