Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever had to write and appeal letter?
    if so how long did it take to hear back from it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by espinelli; 06-16-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• matt_laut
      matt_laut commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you 6009 or 6010?

• espinelli
      espinelli commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm originally from 6008 cycle. My appeal letter was due in May. I just wasn't sure if anyone else has ever had to write one and how long it took to hear back

• From 6008 originally.

Comment

• matt_laut
      matt_laut commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don't wanna answer I understand, but what did you not make it past. The BI or the polygraph?

• So is it acceptable to email our BI to check in and ask about our background investigation? He gave me his contact info. I am just curious since I haven't heard and as far as I know none of my references have been contacted. I know, I may just be impatient but I'm just too antsy to wait.

Comment

• matt_laut
      matt_laut commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same boat bro, I met my investigator almost a month ago, he told me he'd be calling my references that day or the next day. I called him and left a voicemail this passed Thursday haven't heard anything back yet. I guess just try and be patient, until you get a DQ letter you in it ya know.

Like me it should make you feel better to see someone else in the same boat, so you know you're not the only one.

• Good to know I'm not the only one! If I don't hear anything by the end of this week I'll try to contact my BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post
      If you don't wanna answer I understand, but what did you not make it past. The BI or the polygraph?
      My BI. I reapplied just in case, but they gave me the option to write an appeal letter. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from that.

Comment

• matt_laut
        matt_laut commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get any reason why or just a simple DQ?

• If you are waiting on the 6010 list and you apply to the 6011 cycle do you get removed from the 6010 list? Or can you go through the process for both at the same time?
      NYPD Exam #1309
      List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Originally posted by JCPD2246 View Post
        If you are waiting on the 6010 list and you apply to the 6011 cycle do you get removed from the 6010 list? Or can you go through the process for both at the same time?
        you go through both at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_laut View Post
          Did you get any reason why or just a simple DQ?
          There was a reason on it.

Comment

• Sitting here waiting for a letter about my BI. Has anyone received a letter or a call about he conclusion of their investigation? I was told by my BI that their investigation was due by June, but i have not heard anything since May.

Comment

• Infantry0311
              Infantry0311 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine emailed me and told me he submitted mine. That was 2 weeks ago

• Originally posted by Jacob.P View Post
            Sitting here waiting for a letter about my BI. Has anyone received a letter or a call about he conclusion of their investigation? I was told by my BI that their investigation was due by June, but i have not heard anything since May.
            We won't hear anything until July.

Comment

• Deleted.....
              Last edited by matt_laut; 07-02-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• For others outside the top 400...

I got a 2 responses from asking if the department foresees processing more applicants.

"Until such time as the 6010 eligibility list is replaced by a newer list there is always the possibility that the Department will process additional applicants to meet its needs. At this time I do not anticipate processing additional applicants from the 6010 eligibility list, but things can change."

and

"It is really not known at this time if we will pull more applicants from the 6010 Eligibility List, it is possible. The 6010 EL will remain active until it is superseded by the 6011 EL, which won't come into play until sometime mid-2018."

it seems no no one really knows but I am optimistic that they will process more from 6010.

Comment

• Countchocula57
                  Countchocula57 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The amount of troopers retiring in the near future along with the shortage they are faced with right now I find it hard to believe they will not pull another group of applicants from the 6010 list. Not everyone in that top 400 passed their BI along with some people who may not be interested in the position anymore or got a better job elsewhere.

• Has anyone heard anything yet? I know some got DQ letters. Anyone else hear anything from their BIs?

Comment

• Did anyone get an email like this?

On Sunday July 16, 2017 a mock physical readiness test (PRT) is being organized and conducted by members of the Recruitment Services Section. This is not part of the official hiring process and does not involve our Bureau of Human Resources. This test is NOT mandatory but it is an opportunity for you to practice and gauge your physical readiness. You will NOT be given any extra points for attending. If you are interested in attending, please reply to this email with your name. There is no need to reply if you are not attending. If you are planning to attend, you will be required to sign a waiver. Please make sure you have a photo ID; you are dressed to take the mock test; and you bring water with you.

We have attempted to use the most accurate contact information available to us. However, if you are receiving this correspondence and you have been disqualified from the process, withdrawn from the process, or are no longer interested in becoming a Pennsylvania State Trooper, please let us know or simply disregard. If you are otherwise unable to attend, or have any questions about the process and would like to speak to a recruiter, please contact us.

Also, know that, at this time, we do not have any other mock PRTs scheduled.

Remember, it is not mandatory.

Sunday July 16, 2017 (rain or shine)

9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (noon)

Baldwin High School Track

4653 Clairton Blvd., Pittsburgh PA 15236

The recruiter for your area is Trp. Loran Cooley, 717-497-1899

Comment

• zdp1989
                    zdp1989 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got one as well but unfortunately cannot request off with this little short notice. I think it's the local recruiter setting it up to prepare people.

• Infantry0311
                    Infantry0311 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Was it HR that emailed you guys or the recruiting section of where you live? I'm assuming you're all pa residents . I'm just hoping I didn't get this email Bc of I'm from out of state and not something else

• zdp1989
                    zdp1989 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My email came from my recruiter.

• Mine came from the local recruiter in my area and I would say you are fine, because I think anyone that is on the list received the email if they are in state. I haven't even been reached on the list yet and I got an email. Im not able to attend because of a conflicting schedule.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8976 users online. 312 members and 8664 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X