300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly area departments

Once again Iam starting a thread to see if anyone knows any good departments around Philly that are hiring.
    Why Iam starting one again? I think we have new members since the last one and my wife is thinking about Philly area teaching jobs. Now unless she can make 100K a year I need to work too
    Anyone,???
    I got nothing for now

Eman,

There are some good agencies in the Philly are, Bensalem Township(Bucks County) Abington, Lower Merion and Cheltenham Townships (Montgomery County) Upper Darby Township and Darby Borough(Delaware County). All of these PD's border the city and they are some of the larger depts in the area. There are some smaller depts that you could do some research on. Dont forget University of Pennsylvania PD and Temple University PD. And there is always Philly PD. Also SEPTA, Delaware River Port Authority, Amtrak and Postal Service PD's.

Comment

Originally posted by PPDSWD
      Eman,

There are some good agencies in the Philly are, Bensalem Township(Bucks County) Abington, Lower Merion and Cheltenham Townships (Montgomery County) Upper Darby Township and Darby Borough(Delaware County). All of these PD's border the city and they are some of the larger depts in the area. There are some smaller depts that you could do some research on. Dont forget University of Pennsylvania PD and Temple University PD. And there is always Philly PD. Also SEPTA, Delaware River Port Authority, Amtrak and Postal Service PD's.
      Upper Darby was just hiring. I say this because they are one of the few PDs in PA that decided to let folks that aren't Act 120 ceritified apply for positions within their PD.......

Comment

I need to start poking my face around soon, I plan on separating from the service after april of 08 and i really want to do civilian LE...I hope some department will take a K-9 SSG under their wing, hopefully it won't be too far from Newtown area...

Comment

Does Bucks or any other area county have a county PD or Sheriffs dept.?
          I know that Allegheny COunty {Pittsburgh} has a county P.D. and from what Ive heard its the only one in PA but you guys on the east coast of PA would know...
          I got nothing for now

Comment

Eman,

Bucks County and southeastern PA counties all have sheriffs departments that do the tradational sheriffs tasks. No county PD that I know of, except for philly
            where the City of Philadelphia and the County of Philadelphia are run by one municipal government and policed bythe PPD.

Comment

Only thing close to what the Allegheny County PD does around Philly would be the Delaware County courthouse and Park Police. Otherwise Philly PD is the only true county police in the state.

Last time I heard Upper Darby requires folks to have their 120 at time of testing. Got sick of hiring people only to have them leave for Haverford Township.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0
                Last time I heard Upper Darby requires folks to have their 120 at time of testing.
                Upper Darby changed that the last time around. It was a o.com story....plus made the local Philly media.

That was Novemberish.....not sure what they will do next time around.....but they did waiver it for one hiring session....

Comment

Bucks county sheriff is hiring 2 deputies.

Comment

5-0..Where did you see that if I may ask? I just checked the Bucks website and nothing is listed. (or is it word of mouth like most of PA..haha)

BE SAFE!!!
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

The job most of closed on Friday. But Temple University and University Of Pennsylvania are hiring cops. I think Penn requires Act 120.

Comment

OK, not to sound like a noob16 y.o. BUT what size, call volume,type of calls, $$$ do the university departments make etc?
                        WOW I sound like a wanna-be. FUnny though, I start year 13 Tuesday...
                        I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                          OK, not to sound like a noob16 y.o. BUT what size, call volume,type of calls, $$$ do the university departments make etc?
                          Couple of links you may find to be helpfull .....

http://css.ocis.temple.edu/about_us/...ty_report.aspx

http://www.temple.edu/hr/departments...12006Rates.pdf

http://www.publicsafety.upenn.edu/

http://www.bensalem-township.net/dep...stigation.aspx

http://www.abingtonpolice.org/

http://www.btpolice.com/

http://www.buckscounty.org/governmen...iff/index.aspx
                          Last edited by Operator13; 01-15-2007, 05:33 AM.
                          "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
                          09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

^^ Thanks OP13.
                            Since I dont get the Philly newspapers, can anyone who might read the Sunday editions, if you see an employment ad can you PM me?
                            I do check the Philly paper online but I think that even here in Pittsburgh the print ed. is better than the online ed...
                            Thanks. OP even anyplace east of Harrisburg. The wife thinks she really wants to move east. She said that if she worked for Philly the school district will pay off her student loan, that is important to her...
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                              ^^ Thanks OP13.
                              Since I dont get the Philly newspapers, can anyone who might read the Sunday editions, if you see an employment ad can you PM me?
                              I do check the Philly paper online but I think that even here in Pittsburgh the print ed. is better than the online ed...
                              Thanks. OP even anyplace east of Harrisburg. The wife thinks she really wants to move east. She said that if she worked for Philly the school district will pay off her student loan, that is important to her...
                              I'll keep my eyes open. I'm not sure what the departments in Lancaster, Lebanon counties etc pay but I can't imagine it being worth it for you.

As far as your wife .... My friend just resigned after about 12 years in the Phila school system. He's just exhausted. It's bad. Really bad. She might look into other school districts in Bucks County for example. Much better areas and great pay. Plus I know Bensalem School District for example pays a sliding scale by your degrees earned while employed. Not sure about paying off prior loans.
                              "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
                              09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6274 users online. 352 members and 5922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X