Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PA State Trooper Oral Exam

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PA State Trooper Oral Exam

    PA State Trooper Oral Exam

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'm going for my Pa State Trooper Oral Exam. Is there any PA state troopers who have been through this process and any advice? Thanks!

  • #2
    ................................
    Last edited by toolegit2quit; 05-09-2007, 04:13 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      The oral part of the hiring process is not hard. There are six or so questions. Well not questions, but scenarios. They tell you the scenario, give you a minute or so for you to come up with your response, then you tell them what you would do.
      I can not stress it enough that in these scenarios you are acting as a PRIVATE CITIZEN, not a law enforcement officer. They don't want to hear that you would confront the person commiting the crime. Just do what any PRIVATE CITIZEN would do. Watch the person, get a good description, and call 911.
      Good luck.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am taking my oral exam on September 1 in Philadelphia.

        Anyone else?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thomas42 View Post
          I am taking my oral exam on September 1 in Philadelphia.

          Anyone else?
          Sept 3rd in Hershey.
          "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

          Comment


          • #6
            I never thought I would be in a position to decline an interview, but I just did. I'm accepting employment with the US Park Police! Slightly better odds to the rest of your with me out of the running Best of luck everyone.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just looked at the web site for the US Park Police....interesting....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by POSr View Post
                Sept 3rd in Hershey.
                sept 3rd her, in Hershey as well. good luck!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kingmouse View Post
                  The oral part of the hiring process is not hard. There are six or so questions. Well not questions, but scenarios. They tell you the scenario, give you a minute or so for you to come up with your response, then you tell them what you would do.
                  I can not stress it enough that in these scenarios you are acting as a PRIVATE CITIZEN, not a law enforcement officer. They don't want to hear that you would confront the person commiting the crime. Just do what any PRIVATE CITIZEN would do. Watch the person, get a good description, and call 911.
                  Good luck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You could not have said it any better in regards to the oral process. The only question i have is what answers are they truly looking for? Everyone that belongs to/in Law Enforcement should know not to try and be the "hero", acting as a civilian, but what would be the so called "right answer?" Your honest answer, or the answer that ever law enforcement organization would want to hear from an applicant? Observe, get a good description of the individuals, and call police??????
                    Last edited by srh8275; 09-19-2009, 09:09 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      oral

                      I finished my oral so how long until we hear about the next step in the process?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by thomas42 View Post
                        I finished my oral so how long until we hear about the next step in the process?
                        It is my understanding that no one will get there combined results from the written/oral examinations for approxiamately six weeks! Good Luck to you all!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm pretty anxious to see how I did. Anyone else?
                          "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm pretty excited for the days surrounding the 19th as well. Lets all hope for the best and keep on running!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ? mine says 2239 for written and 1745 for oral.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4936 users online. 293 members and 4643 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X