300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pa LEOT PRT Testing

Just curious who all has done this. I am former army with 13 years now disabled per VA Standards. Went through the written and oral exams and placed 24th on list.

Problem is my running is not up to par and trying to train myself is harder than I thought. PRT is set for the 22nd of this month. Just wondering people's thoughts on it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know what your particular disability is. With that said, if you can't compete the runs in the allotted time you're going to be hard pressed to find some one that will look the other way.

Just keep training and eating right. Perhaps find a partner if you need one. If you want it bad enough you'll find a way. Good luck to you.

Comment

I'm scheduled for the 22nd also. My 1.5 mile is right under 13 min as of now. Don't think I'll be having issues with any part of the PRT. Ranked 13* with now vet pref pts.

Comment

Pa LEOT PRT Testing

Originally posted by Top_Recruit View Post
        We don't know what your particular disability is. With that said, if you can't compete the runs in the allotted time you're going to be hard pressed to find some one that will look the other way.

Just keep training and eating right. Perhaps find a partner if you need one. If you want it bad enough you'll find a way. Good luck to you.

I'll just run it as I can usually mentally pull through anything ran a 2 mile in 18:48 with a torn achilles tendon As to my disability I have had my knee reconstructed four pins and two rods in my hip then as to my lower back I have another four pins screws two rods.

I don't think I'll have issues just feeling the "old" pains I didn't think I had now that I'm 32 meh

Comment

Somewhat surprised this thread isn't getting a lot of action.....

Comment

I wouldn't know first time on the forum. Thinking about possibly just getting a deferment as I was told I could today through email. Running and sit-ups so far are good having pain in my hip though and having some trouble staying sturdy with the push-ups due to my lower spinal injuries. Been going to the gym almost everyday and eating better.

Or just go all out at the testing if I fail I can always reapply.

Comment

I wouldn't risk the injury in your condition to be honest... I mean, if it's something that you really want and you think you can manage, then by all means, complete the PRT. But, I'm pretty sure that the LEOT cadets go through the same academy that the PSP cadets go through. And, from what I understand, the physical fitness aspect is pretty intense.

Comment

Weather isn't looking too promising this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by PaPPO View Post
                  Weather isn't looking too promising this weekend.
                  This def. going to be a factor. I remember doing PRT for Act120 academy in snow and ice, I slipped going into he turn on the 300m and almost didn't make the cutoff. I'm concerned about my times being slowed by the conditions of the track for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpcop108 View Post
                    This def. going to be a factor. I remember doing PRT for Act120 academy in snow and ice, I slipped going into he turn on the 300m and almost didn't make the cutoff. I'm concerned about my times being slowed by the conditions of the track for sure.
                    Should be interesting. Wondering how many applicants are going to be there Sunday. I'm guessing less than 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray88 View Post
                      I wouldn't risk the injury in your condition to be honest... I mean, if it's something that you really want and you think you can manage, then by all means, complete the PRT. But, I'm pretty sure that the LEOT cadets go through the same academy that the PSP cadets go through. And, from what I understand, the physical fitness aspect is pretty intense.
                      I got a deferment for this prt section. Should be plenty of time to safely strengthen my weaknesses right now for the next PRT testing phase whenever it is announced.

Comment

You'll get there! Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carpcop108 View Post
                          It was snowing after rain on the day of my PRT. I remember the track being really slick. Passed the 300m, but did not run full out because I was afraid of slipping or falling.

Comment

Anyone get contacted for their poly yet? Haven't heard anything on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by PaPPO View Post
                              Anyone get contacted for their poly yet? Haven't heard anything on my end.
                              Yeah Pappo mine is late this month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6001 users online. 327 members and 5674 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X