300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAA_Navy View Post
    Did you take the written test in febuary of 2015 ? No, then stop asking your questions on this thread and the other ones. Please start your own thread. Now i will answer your question, you will not need your transcripts till some time after your orals, you might not need them at if you do not get a high enough ranking and invited to the prt.

The process is quite lengthy, I took the written test in February 2015 and if I pass everything, the academy class I would join starts end of June 2016. The process goes as follows:
    1. Application
    2. Written Test
    3. Oral Test ( formal application is given to applicant)
    4. Physical Readiness Test ( the formal application is due on this date)
    5. Polygraph
    6. Background Investigation
    7. Medical/Psychological/Drug Tests
    8. Appointment
    9. Academy

This is the process it takes well over a yr to complete.

Hope this helps. Now stop spamming the same question on diffrent threads.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
    APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
    Medical:
    Oral psych:
    Written psych:
    BI:
    JST:
    Mini-Med:

Comment

• I am new to the forum. I took the test on February and the oral in March. I decided to post for those who have question without divulging too much. First and foremost, if you are like me and reading this forum for information. You need to realize that a lot of people are posting inaccurate and mostly guess. For those wondering about the medical, I was ranked in the top 100 and still didn't get an invite for the medical. I also wasn't dequal but sadly when you email them, they give very generic response. My guess is, I was moved to June class since I was required to take 2 polygraphs. I would highly recommend not taking the ranking too much into account. I got invited to the prt right away but the rest of the process has been very slow if I take into account the date people posted.

since the process started, I checked this forum almost daily. The process seems very different from person to person. My background check didn't go the way people posted.

I am truly impressed about some of you doing this mutliple time. This is my one and only. Anyways, best of luck to everyone and to those taking this medical, I hope all goes well. I think we can all agree that the polygraph was a heck of a process.

You can message me if you got question regarding the process. Timeline question mostly, no question about poly or background. This is something you must discover on your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadpandabear View Post
        I am new to the forum. I took the test on February and the oral in March. I decided to post for those who have question without divulging too much. First and foremost, if you are like me and reading this forum for information. You need to realize that a lot of people are posting inaccurate and mostly guess. For those wondering about the medical, I was ranked in the top 100 and still didn't get an invite for the medical. I also wasn't dequal but sadly when you email them, they give very generic response. My guess is, I was moved to June class since I was required to take 2 polygraphs. I would highly recommend not taking the ranking too much into account. I got invited to the prt right away but the rest of the process has been very slow if I take into account the date people posted.

since the process started, I checked this forum almost daily. The process seems very different from person to person. My background check didn't go the way people posted.

I am truly impressed about some of you doing this mutliple time. This is my one and only. Anyways, best of luck to everyone and to those taking this medical, I hope all goes well. I think we can all agree that the polygraph was a heck of a process.

You can message me if you got question regarding the process. Timeline question mostly, no question about poly or background. This is something you must discover on your own.
        Well written and accurate. I see from your profile you are current/active military. Thank you for your service to this country. Good luck with your process.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERangers88 View Post
          Well written and accurate. I see from your profile you are current/active military. Thank you for your service to this country. Good luck with your process.

The dq letter are out, I got mine today. The reason was priceless but I definitely will not reapply. The process is too long. Kind of ironic since I don't drink, never took drugs but that's life. Best of luck to all of you. It sounds like it would have been a great career.

Comment

• After a long wait, I'm happy to say that I got my med/psych invite yesterday for February 17th

Comment

The dq letter are out, I got mine today. The reason was priceless but I definitely will not reapply. The process is too long. Kind of ironic since I don't drink, never took drugs but that's life. Best of luck to all of you. It sounds like it would have been a great career.
              If not too personal, would you mind sharing why you got DQ'd? From what you said, it seems like you were in pretty good standing?

Comment

• Originally posted by aon5045 View Post
                If not too personal, would you mind sharing why you got DQ'd? From what you said, it seems like you were in pretty good standing?
                I have a perfect record. Sadly, my fiancée called the cops on me because after having our baby she had a depression. She thought I was leaving her. The cops came, talked to me and left. Sadly, the state police saw it as domestic dispute and dq me for it. I understand why but ironic considering how clean my record was. Sad that she decided to do this during my background investigation. Otherwise, I was golden. It's life I suppose.

Comment

I have a perfect record. Sadly, my fiancée called the cops on me because after having our baby she had a depression. She thought I was leaving her. The cops came, talked to me and left. Sadly, the state police saw it as domestic dispute and dq me for it. I understand why but ironic considering how clean my record was. Sad that she decided to do this during my background investigation. Otherwise, I was golden. It's life I suppose.
                  Did you disclose that to your investigator? Otherwise I'm surprised that's on your record for something that isn't illegal.

NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
                  Medical:
                  Oral psych:
                  Written psych:
                  BI:
                  JST:
                  Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
                    Did you disclose that to your investigator? Otherwise I'm surprised that's on your record for something that isn't illegal.

I didn't get to explain much of the situation sadly. I know that he talked to the cops and they explained everything. He also talked to her who explained she made a mistake.

Honestly, I wasn't too surprised by the dq. I will write them a letter explaining the all situation but I think that's it for state trooper. I didn't get charged because I just wanted to drive home that day (I'm in Canada) and she tried to stop me with cops. We worked it all out since but too late sadly.

Either way, this was a great experience and I don't regret any of it. I am unsure if they thought I was trying to hide anything or not. I don't even know if they realized it happened during the background investigation.

Best of luck to you all, I might try a different state, I am unsure. These process are so long and I am not getting any younger.
                    Last edited by Sadpandabear; 02-01-2016, 01:23 PM. Reason: Misspell error

Comment

I didn't get to explain much of the situation sadly. I know that he talked to the cops and they explained everything. He also talked to her who explained she made a mistake.

Honestly, I wasn't too surprised by the dq. I will write them a letter explaining the all situation but I think that's it for state trooper. I didn't get charged because I just wanted to drive home that day (I'm in Canada) and she tried to stop me with cops. We worked it all out since but too late sadly.

Either way, this was a great experience and I don't regret any of it. I am unsure if they thought I was trying to hide anything or not. I don't even know if they realized it happened during the background investigation.

Best of luck to you all, I might try a different state, I am unsure. These process are so long and I am not getting any younger.
                      Sorry this didn't work out for you. Best of luck to you and stay positive.

NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
                      Medical:
                      Oral psych:
                      Written psych:
                      BI:
                      JST:
                      Mini-Med:

Comment

• Yikes. PSP is investigating a cheating scandal at the academy. A sober reminder to take inventory and examine the quality of your character on a regular basis.
                        http://abc27.com/2016/02/01/sources-...olice-academy/

Comment

• Yes, it is very sad to hear. And, it's not fair to the many cadets who have gone before them and adhered to being honest and completing the program by not cheating. I feel very strongly that anyone involved in this scandal should not graduate and become a trooper.

Comment

• How did everyone's med/psychs go ? The Academy is only two months away...letters should be out by the end of the month. GoodLuck to everyone processing for the April class.

Comment

• When you guys took the exam was there a fee ?

NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
                              Medical:
                              Oral psych:
                              Written psych:
                              BI:
                              JST:
                              Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
                                When you guys took the exam was there a fee ?

There was no fee. Some local departments charge a fee to take the test to discourage applicants who aren't serious. The state doesn't do that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5004 users online. 326 members and 4678 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X