Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pennsylvania State Police Written Test - February 2015

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DepOfcSomewhatFriendly View Post
    Alright I wasn't sure. Good luck!
    Thanks! Good luck to you as well!

    Comment


    • Hello, I just got the email about a week ago to sign up for the written test on January 25. I was wondering what is considered passing on this exam. Thank you.
      NYPD Exam #4328

      List number 57*
      APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
      Medical:
      Oral psych:
      Written psych:
      BI:
      JST:
      Mini-Med:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
        Hello, I just got the email about a week ago to sign up for the written test on January 25. I was wondering what is considered passing on this exam. Thank you.
        You don't know the score until you pass your orals. And even then, it's not a percentage. if you get an email about scheduling orals, you passed it. Good luck.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TrailRated06 View Post
          You don't know the score until you pass your orals. And even then, it's not a percentage. if you get an email about scheduling orals, you passed it. Good luck.
          Thank you very much for the info.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          NYPD Exam #4328

          List number 57*
          APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
          Medical:
          Oral psych:
          Written psych:
          BI:
          JST:
          Mini-Med:

          Comment


          • Is anyone coming from a far distance and staying in a hotel the night before?


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DepOfcSomewhatFriendly View Post
              Trail, were you in the 1st or 2nd round of PRT's? I'm wondering if anyone from the 2nd round of PRT's (whose class is tentatively scheduled for June) is getting squeezed into the March/April academy.
              I was in the second round of the PRT and was told I may be getting pushed to the April class. But they only just started my background last week, so I'm not sure how quickly they'll have to push through it and the med/psych since I haven't been schedule for them yet.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jpon926 View Post
                Is anyone coming from a far distance and staying in a hotel the night before?


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Just scheduled my written for this next round. I'm flying in from Chicago the night before, testing the next day and then flying out before I have to be back for a test here. The available days and time were not real generous for someone having to schedule a flight and hotel but it is what it is.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • The email I got said that the testing dates would be from February 1-20 but on the website I only see dates 1-6 available. I wonder why such a small window now. And I was on the website from 9 am so I know it wasn't just that the dates were filled.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tmb1991 View Post
                    The email I got said that the testing dates would be from February 1-20 but on the website I only see dates 1-6 available. I wonder why such a small window now. And I was on the website from 9 am so I know it wasn't just that the dates were filled.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Are you talking about a brand-new written test? Or something related to the testing from 2015? I think there's a new thread started for people taking the initial test.

                    Comment


                    • The new written test that's in February 2016


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • How long after you take the test (assuming you do well) will it take to hear back for initial medical/polygraph?


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        NYPD Exam #4328

                        List number 57*
                        APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
                        Medical:
                        Oral psych:
                        Written psych:
                        BI:
                        JST:
                        Mini-Med:

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
                          How long after you take the test (assuming you do well) will it take to hear back for initial medical/polygraph?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          They don't do the medical when they do the poly, at least they didn't with me. I tested in Feb of 2015. Got called for the PRT and poly (since I'm out of state) in October, and background was last week. Unknown on med/psych but I'm assuming soon (if I pass background) since my investigator said he was asked to try and see if I could be squared away for the April class.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Blackhawk10 View Post
                            They don't do the medical when they do the poly, at least they didn't with me. I tested in Feb of 2015. Got called for the PRT and poly (since I'm out of state) in October, and background was last week. Unknown on med/psych but I'm assuming soon (if I pass background) since my investigator said he was asked to try and see if I could be squared away for the April class.
                            Wow that's awesome. That's insane how much quicker the process is in Pennsylvania, compared to the NYPD. I'm coming from NY to take the exam on Feb 6th so I'm just trying to inquire some information. Being a State Trooper is my dream job and would much rather prefer it over the NYPD. Just gonna keep studying hard and hopefully they'll call me back someday!
                            NYPD Exam #4328

                            List number 57*
                            APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
                            Medical:
                            Oral psych:
                            Written psych:
                            BI:
                            JST:
                            Mini-Med:

                            Comment


                            • Pennsylvania State Police Written Test - February 2015

                              Deleted ......
                              Last edited by gkelly007; 01-26-2016, 07:44 AM.
                              NYPD Exam #4328

                              List number 57*
                              APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
                              Medical:
                              Oral psych:
                              Written psych:
                              BI:
                              JST:
                              Mini-Med:

                              Comment


                              • Did you take the written test in febuary of 2015 ? No, then stop asking your questions on this thread and the other ones. Please start your own thread. Now i will answer your question, you will not need your transcripts till some time after your orals, you might not need them at if you do not get a high enough ranking and invited to the prt.

                                The process is quite lengthy, I took the written test in February 2015 and if I pass everything, the academy class I would join starts end of June 2016. The process goes as follows:
                                1. Application
                                2. Written Test
                                3. Oral Test ( formal application is given to applicant)
                                4. Physical Readiness Test ( the formal application is due on this date)
                                5. Polygraph
                                6. Background Investigation
                                7. Medical/Psychological/Drug Tests
                                8. Appointment
                                9. Academy

                                This is the process it takes well over a yr to complete.

                                Hope this helps. Now stop spamming the same question on diffrent threads.
                                Last edited by MAA_Navy; 01-26-2016, 05:47 AM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5014 users online. 327 members and 4687 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X