Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my third time processing with PSP. I scored 23x this time around. The first and second time I took the PRT there were approximately 100-200 applicants participating. Take the process serious and be honest with these guys, ive learned the hard way trust me. I've stayed dedicated and have grown a lot from PSPs process over the years. Like others I have already reapplied for the next exam. You should also! If this is the career you want stay dedicated and positive and hopefully we will be meeting soon.

Comment

• Got ranked 13x. VPP absolutely helps. The scores must be pretty close overall with them having such an impact. Friend of mine had similar scores on the oral and written and is ranked around 88x, but they didn't process his VPP with his ranking, so we'll see what it changes to when it gets updated.

Comment

• Well, I recently applied about 3-4 days ago. What now? Do they send a letter to your resident about what day the writing exam is?

Comment

• You will get an email with instructions on how to schedule the written test. The next written won't be until about August.

Comment

• I haven't received anything regarding the email, and it's been a week as of today.

Comment

• 10characters
              Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Thanks. I've been looking everywhere to find the PSP exam study guide, but I can't seem to find it on their website anywhere :/

Comment

• I'm currently 24x on the 6006 eligibility list. Based on the info we know about the other testing done before mine can anyone make a best guess on weather or not a class would go in for this before July 2016? I'm running out of time I will be 40 in July 2016 and not eligible to be a trooper.
                  Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommydesigns View Post
                    I'm currently 24x on the 6006 eligibility list. Based on the info we know about the other testing done before mine can anyone make a best guess on weather or not a class would go in for this before July 2016? I'm running out of time I will be 40 in July 2016 and not eligible to be a trooper.
                    Here's my guess: They have 250 currently processed from the first wave of the August 2014 test... so 125 or so will go in June 2015, the rest will go in September 2015. They also are processing a second wave from the August 2014 test. So, my guess is they will have another 200-250 from that wave. I imagine a few would be in the September 2015 class, whatever the first wave doesn't fill, and they will also fill the December 2015 class, as well as some of a (potential) March 2016 class? I imagine this February 2015 test will be filling the March 2016 class (if there is one... and whatever the second wave of the August 2014 test second wave doesn't fill), and maybe a June or early July 2016 class. They've been running the classes every 3-3.5 months. When one class graduates, another one comes in right away. Based on your rank, I bet you would be looking at a March 2016 class if they have one. Maybe even the December 2015 class if they start pulling from the February 2015 eligibility list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murray88 View Post
                      Here's my guess: They have 250 currently processed from the first wave of the August 2014 test... so 125 or so will go in June 2015, the rest will go in September 2015. They also are processing a second wave from the August 2014 test. So, my guess is they will have another 200-250 from that wave. I imagine a few would be in the September 2015 class, whatever the first wave doesn't fill, and they will also fill the December 2015 class, as well as some of a (potential) March 2016 class? I imagine this February 2015 test will be filling the March 2016 class (if there is one... and whatever the second wave of the August 2014 test second wave doesn't fill), and maybe a June or early July 2016 class. They've been running the classes every 3-3.5 months. When one class graduates, another one comes in right away. Based on your rank, I bet you would be looking at a March 2016 class if they have one. Maybe even the December 2015 class if they start pulling from the February 2015 eligibility list.
                      That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
                      Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009

Comment

• Oh boy....I don't think I can make into any Law Enforcement career with my eyes....

I've worn glasses for over 10 years, and contact lenses for 8 years. Just checked into PSP and It said with uncorrected vision in your dominant eye I believe it's 20/100 or 20/200. My uncorrected vision is so awful. I don't even know if I'm eligible for Lasik :/

Comment

• 10characters
                          Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Will do....

This is much of a stretch, but did insurance cover anything?

Comment

• 10characters
                              Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCR1 View Post
                                Oh boy....I don't think I can make into any Law Enforcement career with my eyes....

I've worn glasses for over 10 years, and contact lenses for 8 years. Just checked into PSP and It said with uncorrected vision in your dominant eye I believe it's 20/100 or 20/200. My uncorrected vision is so awful. I don't even know if I'm eligible for Lasik :/
                                I was 20/600 when I had mine done in 1998. Trust me, LASIK can fix it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2698 users online. 152 members and 2546 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X