300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania State Police Written Test - February 2015

[owQUOTE=J_Newby;3650257]I already emailed them a few minutes ago, I just wanted to get yall's take on it. If you don't mind me asking, would you personally feel uncomfortable working with a person who has a background like mine? Would it bother you if I were to be hired?[/

I'd say you might want to give it a little more time. I personally would feel at this time that you may take up a spot and quit then you hurt someone else who truly wants to be there. Ultimately it doesn't matter what we all think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LawDawg94; 05-06-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J_Newby View Post
      I already emailed them a few minutes ago, I just wanted to get yall's take on it. If you don't mind me asking, would you personally feel uncomfortable working with a person who has a background like mine? Would it bother you if I were to be hired?
      No offense, I think you should wait a few more years, and mature up a bit. Find a stable job to prove you can be dependable.

Comment

• I agree you should put some more good years in before applying. Using pot within 3 years is a DQ and the rest makes it more of an uphill battle. Good luck though keep the straight and narrow.

Comment

• Thanks for all the input guys. As for employment, I've had steady employment for almost three years. And there's no way I would quit if I were to get hired. But I do agree with you all that I should give it a little more time. It's going to be at least another year anyway because I want to finish my Associate's degree first. I may even go for my Bachelor's then apply. As I said, I was just looking for some outside input.

Comment

• 10characters
            Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
              I would not apply unless I was planning to actually accept the job. They don't like investing time into candidates who quit the process.
              That's why I said I was going to wait until I at least finish my Associate's. I'll decide between now and then whether I want to continue on for my Bachelor's or not. If I decide to do that, I won't apply until I finish it. As I said in my first post, I live in Virginia. So I don't plan on applying until I'm ready to go through the process anyway because Pennsylvania's a long way to be driving back and forth to, so I want to be sure I'm ready to commit before I apply. It's just a matter of whether or not I decide to get my 4 year first or not.

Comment

• Hey,
                Did anyone receive an email of final outcome on scores? I read that we were suppose to receive the scores by end of day on 8 May. Thanks! I wish everyone best of luck.

Comment

• Didn't get my oral score yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Gjenne1989 View Post
                    Hey,
                    Did anyone receive an email of final outcome on scores? I read that we were suppose to receive the scores by end of day on 8 May. Thanks! I wish everyone best of luck.
                    Didnt they packet say the dead line was 5/19

Comment

• Yes, and the current testing announcement says may 8th. I know all of us are getting anxious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gjenne1989 View Post
                        Yes, and the current testing announcement says may 8th. I know all of us are getting anxious!
                        I have the packet in front of me, and it says that we will be notified via email by May 19, 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                          I have the packet in front of me, and it says that we will be notified via email by May 19, 2015.
                          Check the PSP website under employment and it does say by May 8th, but I guess it's not going to be. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• 10characters
                            Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Me to! But, the earlier the better!

Comment

• Good news, I got an email stating we will get scores by midnight. If you don't you will have to email them. We won't know the cut off scores unfortunately, maybe by end of may.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3865 users online. 211 members and 3654 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X