300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Murray88 View Post
    Striker Eureka you are nuts! Didn't you take the August exam as well? Three processes at once? No thank you!
    You can never be to careful, maybe it will show them that I am determined

Comment

• 10characters
      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
        Maybe I'll sign up too then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        You really should, it costs you nothing, unlike NYSP or other NY agencies. If I dont make it this round, at least I have NYSP processing me in the fall to look forward to.

Comment

• 10characters

Comment

Oh yea. I know. Too bad I didn't place high enough with NYSP. Although might be the same outcome afterall

Crazy how I have a buddy who scored 95.5, and he was in the 16k rank.

Comment

• 10characters

Comment

• You know I've yet to take a written test for any police agency...

I really want to know. What exactly is it on there, especially for PA State Police? What does the test consist of?

Comment

• Originally posted by MCR1 View Post
                  You know I've yet to take a written test for any police agency...

I really want to know. What exactly is it on there, especially for PA State Police? What does the test consist of?
                  Questions.

Comment

• There is a study guide you can get that has a practice test in it. There is a link somewhere on patrooper.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by BucksterR1 View Post
                      There is a study guide you can get that has a practice test in it. There is a link somewhere on patrooper.com.
                      The website is informative about all the steps in the process in my opinion. Getting through those, that is a different story.

Comment

• Hey all, I live out in Virginia and I've been thinking about applying. I'm going to list a few things and will you mind telling me if you think I have a shot? I have experimented with marijuana in the past. I would say with great certainty that I have used marijuana no more than 15 times in my life. The first time was when I was around 15 years old and then sporadically between the ages of 16-18. I also smoked once when I was 19. I am almost 22 years old now. I also experimented with Benadryl, the allergy medicine, twice when I was 15. I also have a speeding ticket on my record from when I was 16. I was pulled over for going 97 in a 55. My license was suspended for six months and I did 50 hours of community service. In exchange for that, the judge dropped my charge down to 74 in a 55 and all I had to pay was the speeding ticket. I wasn't convicted of reckless driving. In my opinion, this next one is what I believe will be the "make it or break it" of it all. I have an Entry Level Separation from the military for a Failure to Adapt, which occurred when I was 18. I had no problem with the discipline or following orders; I had just never been away from home before so I got homesick. If it makes any difference, I completed basic training but never made it through my Technical School. My character of service is "uncharacterized," rather than honorable or dishonorable. The only reason the character of service isn't honorable is because I was only enlisted for 72 days and you have to be in for at least 180 days to receive an honorable discharge because that's the minimum amount of time the military has deemed that it takes to accurately judge the character of a person's service. Therefore, my separation is nowhere close to being a bad or dishonorable one. From what I've been told, it's almost the equivalent of never having served. I am currently in the process of trying to enlist in the National Guard.I have the required number of credit hours and then some to spare, however I don't have a degree yet because I've switched my major around a few times. I am now enrolled in an Administration of Justice program and I will have my Associate's degree this time next spring, which is when I planned on applying.

I know it's a lot to take in, but what do you guys think?

Comment

• 10characters
                          Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Eh. All I can say to all that is to email and ask. There's an email address just for questions about potential DQ factors.

[email protected]

Good luck man

I already emailed them a few minutes ago, I just wanted to get yall's take on it. If you don't mind me asking, would you personally feel uncomfortable working with a person who has a background like mine? Would it bother you if I were to be hired?

Comment

• 10characters
                              Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-25-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Seems like quite alot in such a few short years of driving. If you passed their standards then yea, i'd have no problem.

But, who am I to say

Yeah, when I got into high school I feel into the wrong crowd. Not blaming them, but I wanted to be "cool" so I did what they did. Senior year and on I distanced myself from those guys and I don't see them anymore at all. I'm not one of those guys who's wanted to be a LEO since I was five or anything. I just happened to stumble into the major in college and something clicked inside of me and I knew that it's what I wanted to do; it's what I have to do. So I've been keeping my nose clean, I have steady employment, things like that. Aside from the military deal and the one time smoking when I was 19, I've kept my nose clean. And I don't consider the military deal a "bad" thing; I mean, at least I tried. Anyway, I plan on finishing my degree first to hopeful give me a fighting chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3477 users online. 173 members and 3304 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X