Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PA State Police class 142

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PA State Police class 142

    Hello all, figured I'd start a thread for everyone currently processing for the 142 class. I am currently in my background investigation which has to be turned in on November third then it's back to the waiting game. I have not heard anything officially yet, but the timeline that i received at my PRT claims that the 142 class will commence on February 23rd. Does anyone else know anything more than that?

  • #2
    I am at the same point in the process as you. I also heard the 23rd of February.

    Comment


    • #3
      I had my BI conducted and completed last week-Investigator said it'll take a month to hear back what the background screening panel says about the information presented, but she told me not to worry (so lets see how that goes haha). Then you should hear if you're clear to continue the process or DQ'd based on the findings. If cleared you'll also get your psych/med date which the psych is a simple pass or fail- with no "follow ups" as certain agencies do, then January comes the appointment letter for the upcoming February academy. That's all I got

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
        I had my BI conducted and completed last week-Investigator said it'll take a month to hear back what the background screening panel says about the information presented, but she told me not to worry (so lets see how that goes haha). Then you should hear if you're clear to continue the process or DQ'd based on the findings. If cleared you'll also get your psych/med date which the psych is a simple pass or fail- with no "follow ups" as certain agencies do, then January comes the appointment letter for the upcoming February academy. That's all I got
        Not to rain on your parade, but look at the guys ahead of you for Nov Academy. They all had one or two "follow up" appts with a pyschologist...just saying

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
          I had my BI conducted and completed last week-Investigator said it'll take a month to hear back what the background screening panel says about the information presented, but she told me not to worry (so lets see how that goes haha). Then you should hear if you're clear to continue the process or DQ'd based on the findings. If cleared you'll also get your psych/med date which the psych is a simple pass or fail- with no "follow ups" as certain agencies do, then January comes the appointment letter for the upcoming February academy. That's all I got
          Yeah that's the same information that i received so it's back to the waiting game. The background panel meets in the middle of November so I'm assuming that we will hear if we made it to the med/psych around the middle of December because it said to allow one month to hear back. Good luck everyone, hope to see you all in February.
          Last edited by srh542; 11-07-2014, 01:56 PM. Reason: misspelling

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Whitty View Post
            Not to rain on your parade, but look at the guys ahead of you for Nov Academy. They all had one or two "follow up" appts with a pyschologist...just saying

            Okay then if if thats how it goes thats how it goes- like i said im just going off what my investigator said, not from experience. So dont kill the messenger haha

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Whitty View Post
              Not to rain on your parade, but look at the guys ahead of you for Nov Academy. They all had one or two "follow up" appts with a pyschologist...just saying
              Well not all of us But yeah there were a lot that did.

              I wouldn't worry about it. I mean you certainly don't want to have to take the third test if you don't have to, but it's not the end of the world. I forget what the exact number was, but the HR ladies told us that many people end up having to take it, and it's no big deal.

              Whitty, are you trying again or did you accept employment elsewhere?

              Comment


              • #8
                How are you guys and girls preparing for the academy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sudosumoniker View Post
                  Well not all of us But yeah there were a lot that did.

                  I wouldn't worry about it. I mean you certainly don't want to have to take the third test if you don't have to, but it's not the end of the world. I forget what the exact number was, but the HR ladies told us that many people end up having to take it, and it's no big deal.

                  Whitty, are you trying again or did you accept employment elsewhere?
                  Im a cop in CO. And it looks like if all goes well I will be with the NYSP next year. Weird how things turned out for me related to PSP - but in retrospect it may have been a blessing in disguise...just waiting for final medical and an appt letter from NYSP to answer your question. Super annoying that I took the same poly three times and passes with my current dept and NYSP but not PSP.
                  Last edited by Whitty; 11-08-2014, 12:53 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Flyers88 View Post
                    How are you guys and girls preparing for the academy
                    I have mainly just been running around my town about 4 days a week, usually 2 miles with hills. I've heard that the swimming there kills you but i don't have access to a pool right now so I'm currently trying to find one in my area. I'm also looking for a boxing class to join because i know you have to do that too and i would like to go in with a little preparation.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                      Im a cop in CO. And it looks like if all goes well I will be with the NYSP next year. Weird how things turned out for me related to PSP - but in retrospect it may have been a blessing in disguise...just waiting for final medical and an appt letter from NYSP to answer your question. Super annoying that I took the same poly three times and passes with my current dept and NYSP but not PSP.

                      Nysp is also top notch agency and their top pay is higher than psp, along with great schedules they have, you should be ok.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Anyone on here actually potentially looking at the 142nd class in February???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
                          Anyone on here actually potentially looking at the 142nd class in February???
                          I am scheduled for the 142 class in February as long as i pass the medical and psychological in January.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Anyone know what happened to the other thread for 142? Disappeared last week

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PaSUBARU View Post
                              Anyone know what happened to the other thread for 142? Disappeared last week
                              Not sure but I noticed it too. A mod probably got rid of it since there was no point in having two. Will be easier to keep up with other people processing for #142 this way now.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6254 users online. 341 members and 5913 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X