300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly Housing Police

Just curious if it is getting any better with the 50 new officers that were hired???

A lot of change has been going on since we got hired. It's for the better overall.
    Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009

Comment

Any specialized units yet?

Comment

Hell no. Maybe when we get a Chief he will do something with the schedules so we can have specialized units.
        Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009

Comment

I've only been there a little more than a month at this point, but I'll offer my thoughts:

PHAPD has some definite issues, but so has every other department I have worked for, and PHA's don't seem a great deal more significant than anywhere else I've worked. Equipment - particularly vehicles - is not the best, but apparently improving. I have not have had any issues with supervisors/management, but had heard the normal complaints about them. In the month that I've been there, a chief has been fired and there are rumors of other shake-ups with the management.

Our new contract stipulates a switch to 12 hours shifts, but that transition hasn't happened yet. Word is they plan to keep hiring, and hopefully with the added numbers implement some specialized units.

All in all, not a department without issues by any means, but things appear to be improving. And from what I've seen (Tommy might have more insight on this than me, however) there are some decent cops there.

Comment

Just write up a memo creating a specialized unit, back date it, sign the old Chiefs name, and start it up...
            If you just do it likes its there, no one will question it.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Whats the retirement system?

Comment

Anyone know how many they are looking to hire? I got a call for an interview today.

Comment

Originally posted by unsworninpa104 View Post
                  Anyone know how many they are looking to hire? I got a call for an interview today.
                  I keep hearing 13 more they are looking to hire. Are you already act 120?

Comment

I am, I have to get my number though.

Comment

What is difference between this department and philadelphia pd?

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddieck View Post

housing is a separate agency and their primary jurisdiction is the housing projects owned by the housing authority. don't worry you'll get to see your fair share of shootings and back the city on plenty of jobs. tommydesigns can fill you in with more details.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddieck View Post

Philaleo pretty much said it all. Our main responsibility is our projects but if the city has a call that's close and we want to help out we can. Most of the time we ride duo with the driver listening for city calls that they will dispatch us on and the passenger on housing radio listening for our own calls for service.

Comment

I was told that some guys have to sit in booths and work access control for the buildings. Is that true or is it all patrol?

Comment

Originally posted by unsworninpa104 View Post
                              I was told that some guys have to sit in booths and work access control for the buildings. Is that true or is it all patrol?
                              Not true. "Back in the day" that was a function of PHAPD, and their jurisdiction was limited. As of 2001, PHAPD has the same jurisdiction as PPD. Our primary patrol areas are the housing projects and adjacent area, but our primary jurisdiction is the entire city of Philadelphia, and all mutual aid agreements etc. that are codified by the city are honored by PHAPD as well. All of our patrol officers work some aspect of patrol, and we do not do access control etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4629 users online. 269 members and 4360 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X