Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what to study for out of state waiver test for police certification?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetNYCDet
    replied
    I believe 3 attempts and you must be full time for at least 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• kip42
    replied
    How many attempts do you get at the exam? How long do you have to be an officer in another state full or part time?thanks

Leave a comment:

• lpranger467
    replied
    I had come down from Michigan and we didn't have anything like "summary offenses" so I'm glad I had read up on all of this beforehand. Congrats on passing though and good luck

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by lpranger467 View Post
    I had a question about snow flying off car and hurting someone, even if not intentional its still a summary offense etc (please look up and verify). A few other questions about age for child restraint if I recall correctly
    Funny because I specifically remember you saying this and when I saw that question I had to laugh a bit...

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Just to update. I passed the test! Was way easier than I had imagined. As I was going through the 200 questions, I kept thinking man this is gonna get harder at some point... Maybe they just give the easy questions first. With the exception of the PA state specific questions, they were all no brainers and almost identical to MD procedures. When In doubt I just went with what I would do at home and i guess it worked. Thanks again to all of you guys for the info, help, and input. It is greatly appreciated. Now the next step is to get hired somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• lpranger467
    replied
    Good luck !!, you will know same day, but that involves calling a number later today after the test

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Well off to bed for the night. Just wanted to thank everyone for the tips and advice. IF I PASS, then I will personally buy each of you a beer if you are ever in Baltimore City... Stay tuned for update tomorow..

Leave a comment:

• lpranger467
    replied
    I had a question about snow flying off car and hurting someone, even if not intentional its still a summary offense etc (please look up and verify). A few other questions about age for child restraint if I recall correctly

Leave a comment:

• RetNYCDet
    replied
    You can call a few hours later. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    JM89,
    No where in particular yet. I just wanted to get my certification in PA through the waiver process first. Then figured I would start applying. Seems having ACT 120 would give a leg up.....Ill let you all know how it goes tomorow....Anyone know how long it takes to find out score?

Leave a comment:

• jm89
    replied
    Hey Turbonium I'm also Maryland LE thinking about PA, where are you trying for?

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Can you fill me in on what types of questioms they ask for 75? Im going jnto this tomorow assuming ill fail and have an idea of what to study for try 2

Leave a comment:

• lpranger467
    replied
    Nothing about punishment, seemed to have a lot of Title 75 (traffic) questions, nothing about how long in prison for each offense though

Leave a comment:

• MikeF2009
    replied
    I don't remember crime category questions either

Leave a comment:

• estillmatic
    replied
    It's sorta of the same as Maryland's State exam but they do ask questions about amendments 1-8 and also title 75, vehicle crime codes. Title 18 is not hard due to that being criminal code and pretty much is the same as Maryland's. Only thing thats tricky with the State of PA is category of crime such as M1, M2 and etc…. When I took the test about a year ago they did not ask any questions based on the category of the crime.

I was a police officer in Maryland and had to go through the same process….

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 277 members and 3630 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X